The 23rd Century is a span of 100 Earth years that started in 2201 and ended in 2300. The century is defined by several conflicts among the powers of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants of the Galaxy. Despite constant threats, the United Federation of Planets faces an unprecedented growth and advancement of science and society.
- 1 Timeline
- 1.1 2201-2249
- 1.2 2250s (Star Trek: Discovery)
- 1.3 2260s (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- 1.4 2270s (Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday-Star Trek I)
- 1.5 2280 to 2299 (Star Trek II-IV)
- 1.6 Alternate realities
- 2 Other notable events
- 3 Missions
- 4 External links
- Starfleet and Klingon forces fight the Battle of Donatu V
- The U.S.S. Enterprise is commissioned under the command of Robert T. April
2250s (Star Trek: Discovery)
- Christopher Pike takes command of the U.S.S. Enterprise.
- The messianic T'Kuvma seeks to reunite infighting Klingon houses, with L'Rell among his most passionate followers.
- Starfleet and Klingon forces brutally clash at the Battle at the Binary Stars, leading to the first Federation-Klingon War. ( “Battle at the Binary Stars”)
- Cloaking technology is distributed among several Klingon houses, gaining Klingon forces a decisive advantage in the war.
- Klingon Matriarch J'Ula attacks a Starfleet vessel on a cadet training cruise and kills its Captain, Anton Schaefer. ( “Routine Maneuvers”)
- As one of the most important dilithium mining facilities of the Federation, Corvan II comes under repeated Klingon attack. ( “Children of War”)
- Priors World is retaken by the Federation in Operation Riposte, led by Gabriel Lorca of the U.S.S. Buran. Aakar of House Mo'Kai is captured. ( “Operation Riposte”)
- Lorca is holding Priors World with a small contingent of ships and arranges for another vessel to transfer the Klingon prisoners, including Aakar to Facility 2047. However, J'Ula instigates a rapid jailbreak from Facility 2047, returning Aakar to the front lines. ( “The Plausibility of the Possible”)
- The Federation fleet at Priors World is destroyed with the only survivor being Gabriel Lorca (unknowingly switched with his Terran counterpart) and the few crew members who were out of the system at that time. All but Lorca and Landry are eventually killed by Klingon forces after being briefly stranded on Priors 5d. Lorca and Landry transfer to the U.S.S. Discovery. ( “Impossibility of Reason”)
- J'Ula steals mycelial-related technology from the U.S.S. Glenn. ( “Secrets”)
- U.S.S. Glenn is lost with all hands during a classified propulsion experiment.
- As the Federation-Klingon War rages on, more than 20% of Federation territory is lost and Starfleet expects to lose the war.
- Starbase 1 is lost to Klingon Forces of House D'Ghor, while matriarch J'Ula and several Starfleet officers disappear during the battle. ( “Downfall”)
- Following an intervention by the U.S.S. Discovery, the new Klingon chancellor L'Rell agrees to a cease fire between the Klingon Empire and the Federation, ending the Federation-Klingon War.
- Control, a Section 31 AI, goes rogue and attempts to acquire an ancient archive (referred to as "The Sphere Data") to become fully sentient. In an attempt to find answers, the crew of the U.S.S. Discovery trap an entity known as the "Red Angel" on Essof IV. Eventually, the Discovery and the Enterprise fight off Control until the Discovery can be propelled 1000 years into the future to protect The Sphere Data. ( “The Measure of Morality (Part 1)”)
2260s (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- Driffen's Comet passes the Drozana System
- An unknown epidemic spreads aboard Drozana Station. ( “Everything Old is New”)
- The House of Duras and the House of B'vat have a hostile feud.
- The Enterprise starts its most famous five-year mission under the command of James T. Kirk.
- The Borg invade the El-Aurian homeworld in the Beta Quadrant.
- After a century of isolation, the Romulan Empire attacks several Federation outposts.
- Species M-113 is thought to be extinct, after the last known creature is killed by Leonard McCoy.
- After a short period of renewed conflict, the Treaty of Organia is signed by the Federation and the Klingon Empire
- A Doomsday Machine is destroyed by the U.S.S. Constellation.
- Nimbus III is colonized by Federation, Klingon and Romulan citizens.
- An alliance occurs between the Romulan Empire and the Klingon Empire
- Tribbles are introduced to Deep Space K-7.
- The Babel Conference is held to finalize the admittance of Coridan into the Federation. ( “Return to Babel”)
- The U.S.S. Defiant is lost in an encounter with Tholians. ( “Tangled Webs”)
2270s (Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday-Star Trek I)
- Starfleet revisits the Murasaki-12 Effect after a survey ship is destroyed in the area by Klingon forces. ( “I Sing of Arms”, “The Taurean Affair”)
- The Federation and the Gorn Hegemony each maintain a presence in the Edren System. Because of this, the Romulan Star Empire tries to manipulate both powers into war, however their plan is foiled by the Federation forces. ( “In the Shadow of Cestus”)
- Deep Space K-13 disappears under mysterious circumstances after an attack of the neural parasites. ( “Painful Omens”)
- A Klingon fleet attacks a Starfleet colony in the Caleb System. When they arrive there they find Federation forces prepared to defend the planet, this way starting the Battle of Caleb IV, the first battle in which the Klingons made use of Cloaking Technology. ( “The Battle of Caleb IV”)
- The Enterprise encounters a Starfleet ship from the 25th Century and helps to fend off B'vat's forces. ( “Past Imperfect”)
- An entity known as V'ger attacks Earth in search of its creator. The newly refitted and untested Enterprise averts this crisis, but not without the loss of two crew members, Lieutenant Ilia and Commander Will Decker.
2280 to 2299 (Star Trek II-IV)
- The Enterprise is destroyed over Genesis in the Mutara Nebula.
- Starfleet unsuccessfully experiments with transwarp technology.
- The Miranda class starship is in service by this year.
- The U.S.S. Excelsior is commissioned as the first of her class.
- For the last time in almost a century, Earth enters a state of emergency as it is attacked by the Whale Probe.
- Two humpback whales, George and Gracie, are released in the Bay of San Francisco.
- The U.S.S Enterprise-A is commissioned.
- The Klingon moon Praxis explodes.
- The First Khitomer Accords are signed.
- The U.S.S Enterprise-B launches on its maiden voyage on which James T. Kirk disappears.
- El-Aurian survivors appear in Federation space.
- The Kelvin Timeline, Nero's Narada and Spock's Jellyfish emerge in 2233 from the late 24th Century and alter historic events from that point onwards.
- In an alternate reality created by the Na'kuhl meddling of the Babel Conference, the Federation annexed Coridan, and by 2270 the situation has degraded further with an opposition movement taking hostages. ( “Return to Babel”)
- In another alternate timeline, this time created by a Na'kuhl attack on the Tholians in 2268, Tholians began mobilizing their troops in 2270 against the Federation thinking they had been responsible for the unprovoked attacked two years earlier. ( “Tangled Webs”)
Other notable events
- Leonard James Akaar (2267, Capella IV)
- Brett Anderson
- Philippa Georgiou
- James T. Kirk (2233, Earth)
- Leonard McCoy (2227, Earth)
- Montgomery Scott (2222, Earth)
- Spock (2230, Vulcan; 2285, Genesis)
- Justin Straal
- Sylvia Tilly
- Tuvok (2264, Vulcan)
- Brett Anderson (2256)
- Jonathan Archer (2245)
- Philippa Georgiou (2256)
- Kensington (2256)
- James T. Kirk (2293, assumed)
- Montgomery Scott (2294, assumed)
- Spock (2285, resurrected)
- Justin Straal (2256)
- T'Kuvma (2256)
First Contacts (United Federation of Planets)
- Capellan (2267)
- El-Aurian (<2293)
- Gorn (2267)
- Guardian of Forever (2267)
- Horta (2267)
- Species M-113 (2266)
- Terran Empire (2267)
- Class F Shuttle (2250s)
- Constitution class (2250-90s)
- Light Cruiser (2270s)
- Advanced Heavy Cruiser (2280s)
- Light Science Vessel (2280s)
- Malachowski Light Cruiser (T1)
- Federation Shuttlecraft
- Infinity Lock Box
- Mirror Escort Carrier (T6, Engle-class)
- Promotion! - Research & Development Pack
- Q's Winter Wonderland 2018
- Swarm Lock Box
Some missions below are playable beyond the faction indicated, but only as a simulation and hence do not technically take place in the 23rd century. Other simulations set in the 23rd century are available beyond those listed here.
- “Battle at the Binary Stars” (2256)
- “Graduation Day (DSC)” (2256)
- “Routine Maneuvers” (2256)
- “Trial by Fire” (2256)
- “The Shadow Knows” (2256)
- “Children of War” (2256)
- “Reporting In” (2256)
- “The Plausibility of the Possible” (2256)
- “Impossibility of Reason” (2256)
- “Secrets” (2256)
- “Defense of Starbase One” (2257)
- “Downfall” (2257)
- “Night of the Comet” (2265)
- “Everything Old is New” (2265)
- “I Sing of Arms” (2270)
- “Search and Rescue” (2270)
- “Bull by the Horns” (2270)
- “Dislodging Klingons” (2270)
- “The Taurean Affair” (2270)
- “Earthward Bound” (2270)
- “Explore Earth Spacedock” (2270)
- “In the Shadow of Cestus” (2270)
- “Painful Omens” (2270)
- “Return to Babel” (2270)
- “Tangled Webs” (2270)
- “The Battle of Caleb IV” (2270)
- “Past Imperfect” (2270) - Currently unavailable
- “Days of Doom” (2270)
- “Miner Instabilities” (2270)
- 23rd century at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- 23rd century at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
Chronology of Star Trek Online
|In-game years||2256 • 2257 • 2270 • 2409 • 2410 • 2411|
|Periods||Distant Past • 22nd Century • 23rd Century • 24th Century • 25th Century • Future|
|See also||Chronology (overview) • Original Fiction • Path to 2409/Lore • The Needs of the Many • Lore Blogs • Tales of the War • Post War Era • Time travel • Romulan History|