- Main article: Player ability
- Evasive Maneuvers: Granted when a character reaches level 2, this is a manoeuvrability and speed boost in space.
- Miraculous Repairs: Available to Engineers, this is applies a major instant heal in space.
- Nerve Pinch: A trait-based ability, this allows Vulcans to stun a ground enemy.
Bridge officer and kit abilities
- Main article: Bridge officer and kit abilities
Bridge officer and kit abilities are interlinked. An ability of a bridge officer on the ground is often paralleled by an equivalent kit module for your captain. For example, Turret Fabrication can be applied to your bridge officers via Training Manual or to your captain via [Engineering Kit Module - Beam Turret]
Space abilities are unique to bridge officers, however. To be available, the bridge officer has to be assigned a station. An example is Beams: Fire at Will. Bridge officer ground and space abilities differ in quality (I, II and III) linked to rank. Every bridge officer can only have one ability per rank (Ensign, Lieutenant, Lieutenant Commander and Commander) active at any one time.
- Main article: Ship abilities
A few ship abilities are common to all ships, for example Full Impulse, but most are tied to a particular ship or type of ship. For example;
- Sensor Analysis is only available on Science Vessels and a handful of others.
- Tachyon Detection Grid is only available while flying a Nebula Class Science Vessel or its Terran counterpart.
- Main article: Item abilities