Brace for Impact is space ability unlocked with character progression, available to all career paths. It provides a buff to Kinetic and Torpedo Damage Resistance Rating, and restores a small amount of Hit Points over time for 15 seconds.
- Profession: All
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Brace for Impact provides a massive kinetic and torpedo damage resistance boost for a short time. Effective if used when you are too close to another ship when its warp core breaches, or just before a heavy torpedo is about to impact you.
- Used by: Lt. Commander
- Target: Self
- System: None
- Ability Type: Buff, Self Heal Over Time, Kinetic & Torpedo Resistance
- Activation: 1 second
- Range: N/A
- Shares cooldown with:
- Starts cooldown on:
- Modified by:
- Starship Hull Restoration (Improves Hull Healing)
- Duty Officer
- Starship Trait
- Improved Brace for Impact: (Brace for Impact grants you a very large amount of Temporary Hit Points for a short period of time)
- Unconventional Tactics: (Activating Brace for Impact increases your damage for a short period of time)
- Smooth Landing: (Brace for Impact and Evasive Maneuvers activate each other)
- Trained by:
- This ability cannot be trained (all Captains gain it automatically as they level).
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Lt. Commander||60s||
|Rank II: Commander||60s||
|Rank III: Captain||60s||
- Prior to removal of crew mechanics from the game, this ability offered Resistance to Crew Death and Disable, instead of Hit Points buff.
- With the addition of torpedoes that deal energy damage, this ability was improved to also give Damage Resistance Rating to all Torpedo hits regardless of damage type, though not for other types of projectile such as Mines.
- [01/07/2020] Brace For Impact does not provide any buff to Kinetic and Torpedo Damage Resistance Rating.