Charged Particle Burst – System: Sensor Array.
- Profession: Science
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Charged Particle Burst temporarily disables the cloaking devices of nearby hostile ships and damages their shields. Shield damage increases based on currently available auxiliary power level and skill.
- Used by: Science Bridge Officers
- Target: Foe (50 max)
- System: Sensor Array
- Range: 5km Sphere
- Activation: 0.5 sec
- Duplicate Ability Cooldown:
- 30 Seconds
- Modified by:
- Subsystems Power Level
- Auxiliary - Improves Shield Damage.
- Duty Officers
- Charged Particle Reaction - Cause a secondary, less potent version of Charged Particle Burst to be emitted from each target hit by this ability, causing a chain reaction.
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Lieutenant||45 sec||
|Rank II: Lt. Commander||45 sec||
|Rank III: Commander||45 sec||
Note: These readings taken with 100 points in Drain Expertise.
- Radiation from Gravimetric Scientist Begra is Exotic radiation with 100% Shield pen
- Note: STO's default system log will not record the shield damage done as a result of charged particle burst. Undetermined if this is a bug or not
A Romulan Caprimul Class warbird emitting a Charged Particle Burst