Destabilizing Resonance Beam is a continuously focused AoE damage and debuff skill that applies damage, a stacking resistance debuff and a stacking energy weapons damage debuff to enemies around your target. This is a channeling ability, meaning it must be focused and maintained on the target to achieve its full effect. It's similar to Tachyon Beam in this respect; another channeling ability.
- Profession: Science
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Resonance Destabilization Beam focuses a sympathetic resonance at the target, causing an unstable reaction within the ship's hull and weapons. The resonance then pulses from the target, damaging it and nearby enemy ships. Each pulse causes affected ships to lose damage resistance and deal less damage as they are weakened.
- Used by: Science Bridge Officers
- Target: Foe
- System: Deflector Dish
- Ability Type: Combo power
- Activation: 0.5 sec
- Range: 10 km; 3km sphere; 135' targeting arc
- Duration: 10 sec
- Cooldown Time: 90 sec
- Duplicate ability recharge time: 30 sec
- Modified by:
- Starship Auxiliary Power Level - Increases exotic damage per tick
- Starship Trait
- Trained by:
- Obtained in Mission: Blood of Ancients. Once unlocked, it can also be crafted in the Officer Training tab of the R&D system.
|Ability/User Rank||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Lieutenant||
|Rank II: Lt. Commander||
|Rank III: Commander||
- Listed damage at 0 Exotic Particle Generator points. Your captain skills, traits, consoles, aux levels etc will heavily affect the damage output of this ability.
Wells Temporal Science Vessel using Destabilizing Resonance Beam