Creates a targetable probe that flies toward the target's location. On its way it has a chance to disable all foes within a small radius. When it has reached its target, all enemies within the same radius will be disabled and receive electrical Damage.
- Profession: Intelligence
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Launch a slow-moving probe which will always travel to the location they were at when the ability was activated. While en route, it will periodically emit a high-powered electromagnetic pulse that will temporarily disable any enemy ships within a short radius. Once it reaches its destination, it will explode in a violent burst that deals kinetic damage and disables any foes caught in the blast.
- Used by: Captain
- Target: Enemy
- System: Sensor Probes
- Ability Type: AoE Disable
- Range: 10 Km
- Starts cooldown on:
- Self 60 Sec
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
- Rank I & II: Bridge Officer Trainer
- Rank III: Captain Training
- Countered by:
- Engineering Team (Removes Disable)
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Lieutenant||1 min||
|Rank II: Lt. Commander||1 min||
|Rank III: Commander||1 min||
- If the probe is still traveling/pulsing, the Disable may be re-applied.
- The probe created by this ability can be targeted, destroyed and sometimes be outran/avoided.
Updated per 3/17/22 patch notes Https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11512253-pc-patch-notes-for-3%2F17%2F22%7C3/17/2022
- Flight Speed increased by 50% at all ranks
- Added Electrical Damage to probe's pulses while in-transit to destination. Foes within 2km of probe will take some damage now.
- Damage now scales with Particle Generators skill.
- Disable durations now scale with Control Expertise skill.
- Base duration of pulsing Disable (not final detonate) has been reduced, and benefits less from Control Expertise.
- Probe will no longer detonate until at least 10 seconds have passed, even if launched at very close range.
- This power is now labeled as a Control Bridge Officer Ability, and can interact with applicable effects and triggers such as Secondary Deflectors. (Secondary Deflectors are currently not working with this ability)
Electromagnetic Pulse Probe launched from Phantom Intel Escort