Enhanced Battle Cloak is a player-only ability available only on a select few Klingon Empire starships. It allows the player to cloak during combat and vastly increases survivability although has to be used with caution as it will remove your shields. As the player cloaks, any weapons that were already firing on you will continue to do so, such as cannon weapons or beam weapons, and also any projectiles that were in mid-flight will hit. All of this damage goes straight to your hull.
Although specifically called a Battle Cloak, players can still use this ability out-of-combat as they would a normal cloak. This is a toggle ability and will not remove itself even if the player attempts to fire at a target. To remove the cloak once it's active, click on the Battle Cloak ability in your hotbar again. Players can use all abilities while cloaked which is very valuable as it allows you to come straight out of cloak pre-buffed.
Enemy players in PvP can remove this ability by using their own scanning abilities. Others players can also detect you if you move too close to them. Friendly players will still be able to see you in a cloaked state and also at distance.
The enhanced battle cloak allows it to fire torpedoes and deploy mines as well as use most Captain and Bridge officer abilities, by momentarily decloaking and then automatically recloaking.
This ability can be found on the following starships:
- B'rel Bird-of-Prey Retrofit
- B'rel Fleet Bird-of-Prey Retrofit
- Kor Bird-of-Prey
- Fleet B'rel Bird-of-Prey
- M'Chla Bird-of-Prey Refit
- Legendary B'rel Pilot Bird-of-Prey
- Profession: All
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Enhanced Battle Cloak grants stealth to your starship, but lowers your shields while active. Battle Cloak can be activated in combat, and allows torpedoes, mines, and most Bridge Officer and Captain abilities to be activated while the Cloak is active. When attacking while cloaked, the ships cloak will drop for a few seconds, leaving the ship momentarily exposed with the shields down.
When activated, your shields will drop for a few seconds before the Cloak fully engages. Immediately after decloaking, you will have a short duration damage bonus.
The strength of the cloak is determined by your starship's auxiliary power setting.
- Used by: Captain
- Target: Self
- Attack Type: N/A
- Ability Type: Buff, Toggle
- Activation: 1.00 seconds
- Range: N/A
- Shares cooldown with:
- Starts cooldown on:
- Self only
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
- Not trainable (innate ability)
|Ability/User Rank||CD||SPR||Ability Effects|
- This ability's numerical figures vary depending on your current starship, rank/grade, skills and Auxiliary power level.
- On the PlayStation 4 there is a glitch that makes this ability often unusable. -Reported 5/9/17
|Carrier, Dreadnought||Carrier commands|
|Raider, Scout Ship||Raider Flanking|
|Science-based starship||Sensor Analysis • Subsystem Targeting|
|Romulan Warbird||Singularity Core abilities|
|Jem'Hadar Vanguard ship||Vanguard Wingmen|
|Intel starship||Gather Intelligence • Warp Signature Masking|
|Pilot starship||Pilot Maneuvers|
|Temporal starship||Molecular Reconstruction|
|Miracle Worker starship||Innovation Effects|
|Specific starships||Cloaking: Cloak • Cloak of T'Kuvma • Battle Cloak • Enhanced Battle Cloak • Dark Mode|
Romulan Cloak • Romulan Battle Cloak • Romulan Enhanced Battle Cloak • Scimitar Battle Cloak
Phaser Spinal Lance • Javelin • Plasma Spinal Lance • Chroniton Lance • Gravitic Lance • Juggernaut Array
Improved Hull Regeneration • Long Range Sensor Masking • Energy Distributor • Automated Defense Screens
Tactical Mode • Siege Mode • Launch Support Craft • Transwarp • Deploy Consumption Array • Swarm Mode
See also: Starship Separation