Photonic Officer reduces the recharge time of bridge officer powers. Photonic officer does not reduce its own recharge time.
This ability also has no effect on shared cool down times. For example, activating Photonic Officer will reduce the 30-second cool down of Beam Overload, but not the 15-second cool down that it starts on Fire at Will or duplicate copies of Beam Overload.
- Profession: Science
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Photonic Officer reduces the recharge time of all your bridge officer abilities.
- Used by: Science Bridge Officers
- Target: Self
- Ability Type: Buff
- Activation: 1 second
- Range: N/A
- Shares cooldown with:
- Duplicate ability cooldown:
- 30 sec
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
- Bridge Officer Trainer (Rank I and II)
- Photonic Officer Rank III can be manufactured in research and development (R&D), Within the Officers Training tab. (Originally was only available with a Starfleet Photonic Science Officer Candidate)
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Lieutenant||30s||
|Rank II: Lieutenant Commander||30s||
|Rank III: Commander||30s||
- When considering the effectiveness of this power it's important to remember how recharge bonuses work. The formula is as follows:
- RechargeTime = BaseRechargeTime / ( 100% + Buffs )
For example, using the Rank 2 version of this power will reduce the recharge of Gravity Well from 60 seconds to 45.5 seconds: 60 / (100% + 32%) = 60 / 1.32 = 45.5.
- As of the October 15 2010 patch, the Photonic Officer ability features a male voice-over. The words said upon activation are "Please state the nature of the emergency".
Since Photonic Officer affects its own recharge time the actual recharge time will be shorter than the times given above. This difference amounts to a recharge reduction of between 14.5 seconds and 24 seconds depending on the rank (it doesn't follow the formula above since the bonus only applies to the first 60 seconds of the recharge time).As of September 14th 2018 (likely earlier), Photonic Officer no longer reduces its own recharge time.
- As of April 25 2017 patch, this ability is now treated as a buff instead of a status effect and can now be removed.
- As of February 14 2019 patch, this ability was changed and now features a lower cool-down and a much more aggressive cooldown % of bridge officer abilities. Rank 1 can cool down as much as 40%. Rank 2 60% and Rank 3 80% for the 20 second duration *Will not reduce below Global/Duplicate ability Times*
- Also affects Temporal Abilities Cooldown times