Ability: Photonic Shockwave Torpedo
Photonic Shockwave Torpedo is a space ability that upgrades your next Torpedo Launcher attack to a Photonic Shockwave Torpedo. It is only available on player ships equipped with the [Console - Universal - Nadeon Detonator]. With the 20th of December 2012 patch, the ability works with every type of standard torpedo weapon (previously it worked only with photon torpedoes). Specialized torpedos, like the Hargh'peng Torpedo Launcher and the Rapid Reload Transphasic Torpedo Launcher, are unaffected by this Console.
The Photonic Shockwave Torpedo moves at the same speed as a normal torpedo and is not targetable. When it detonates it triggers a Photonic Shockwave that disables and repels targets in the area of effect.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: None
- Locale: Space
- Game Description:Improves your next torpedo attack. Activating this ability will upgrade your next Torpedo with a Nadeon Detonator. The modified torpedo detonates just before impact to produce a Photonic Shockwave. The Shockwave releases a massive blast, repelling enemy ships, disabling ship abilities, and inflicting kinetic damage.
This console works only with standard torpedo types, and may not be compatible with more exotic weaponry.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by:
- Non-Player Character
- Target: Foe
- System: Torpedoes
- Ability Type: Torpedo Attack
- Activation: 0.3 sec
- Range: 10km range; 3km sphere
- Shares cooldown with:
- Starts 15 second cooldown on:
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
- This ability cannot be trained
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
Notes[edit | edit source]
While this ability is active and before it has been fully executed by launching a torpedo, abilities with which it shares a 15-second cooldown will not affect the launch of the Shockwave Torpedo. Thus, you may activate Torpedo: Spread 16 seconds after activating Photonic Shockwave Torpedo, but the Torpedo Spread will not modify the launch of the Photonic Shockwave Torpedo.