Overview (Original version)
Tactical Initiative (Ground) is an AoE ground ability available to Tactical players when they reach Commander grade 5 rank. It reduces ability recharge timers for all allies on your team. Can be used on yourself or an ally, but it affects a max of 4.
Contrary to the statistic description on the power itself, it does not reduce the recharge of abilities by 0.65%-0.45% but it actually refers to setting the recharge duration to 65%-45% of its normal values. (Fire on my Mark I-III has a cooldown of 60 seconds, using Tactical Initiative I reduces it to 39 seconds, not to 59.61 seconds as the description percentage would suggest.)
When used, any abilities used will begin recharging at its new duration (65-45%), abilities activated prior to Tactical Initiative will retroactively erase recharge time over the new limitation, but will not shave seconds off an ability below the new recharge duration. (A power that's  minutes long is activated ten seconds ago, Tactical Initiative III will shave seconds off until it is 45% of  minutes. However the same power activated with only 30 seconds left is much lower than even 45%, therefore no time is shaved upon using Tactical Initiative III. It will however start recharging at 45% on its next use while the ability is still active)
Overview (New/Current version)
- As of the Ground abilities re-vamp of 2/23/2017 Tactical initiative received several changes all of which should be listed below:
- Tactical Initiative has also received a few changes - it now lasts longer, but cannot have its cooldown reduced, and only affects the caster’s kit modules. Those changes are intended to make it so that the Tactical Initiative remains valuable to use while active, but changes the amount of performance spike that non-tactical captains get due to tactical captains, and ensures that non-kit abilities designed around a long cooldown retain that balance point.
- Tactical Initiative cannot have its cooldown reduced below 120 seconds.
- Tactical Initiative now lasts 30 seconds, but only affects your own kit modules, Tactical Initiative and Chroniton Jolt now indicate that they don't affect each other, Tactical Initiative no longer puts you into combat on activation.
- Profession Tactical
- Locale Ground
- Game Description Tactical Initiative (Ground) reduces the ability recharge timers for you.
all allies on your team.
- Used by: Commander rank or higher
- Target: Self
- System: None
- Ability Type: Recharge Buff
- Activation: 0.5 secs
- Range: 30.48 meter
- Shares cooldown with:
- Starts cooldown on:
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
- This ability cannot be trained
|This article or section is in need of an update|
Values for Commander and Captain rank need update.Please help out STO Wiki by adding the necessary changes!
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank II: Captain||120s||
|Rank III: Admiral||120s||