- Torpedo: High Yield
- Attack Upgrade - Damage
- Profession: Tactical
- Region: Space
- Game Description: Torpedo: High Yield upgrades the next torpedo attack to fire a salvo of torpedoes at a single target. Each rank will fire one additional torpedo in the salvo (Rank 1 fires two torpedoes, Rank 2 fires three, and Rank 3 fires four). Some torpedoes (all Tricobalt-based, some Reputation/Lobi, and all Plasma Torpedos) will fire a single, highly destructive, 'heavy' torpedo. With the exception of the Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo, all 'heavy' torpedoes (denoted as 'heavies') move significantly slower than normal torpedoes, and can be destroyed in mid-flight.
In most cases, torpedoes that have a percent chance to generate a secondary effect will have a 100% chance to generate said secondary effect under this firing mode. Most notable is the Gravimetric Photon Torpedo, which has a 33% chance to create a Gravimetric Rift in single shot mode and under Torpedo: Spread, but 100% chance to generate a Gravimetric Rift when launched under High Yield.
The following projectiles are unaffected by this ability:
- Target: Self
- System: Torpedos
- Global Cooldown: 15s
- Base Cooldown: 30s
- Interacts with:
- Skills: None
- Subsytems Power: None
- Duty Officers: None
- Nullifier Warheads - when you use a torpedo firing mode: Spawns eight Nullifiers around your ship.
- Overwhelming Force - Your High Yield Torpedo attacks will create a Photonic Shock Wave, with a reduced radius and effectiveness at the target's location.
- Subspatial Warheads - Cause an Isolytic Tear to form near the damaged target. This anomaly will chase down the nearest foe, causing physical damage and draining engine subsystem power to any enemies it encounters.
- Target That Explosion - After activating any Torpedo or Command bridge officer ability, when your next torpedo deals damage: - Up to 5 nearby allies launch a torpedo at the target, dealing ____ Kinetic Damage.
- Torpedo Barrage - Enables Torpedo: High Yield I after launching a Torpedo: High Yield attack
- Trained by:
- Countered by: None
|Ability/User Rank||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Ensign||Upgrades your next torpedo attack
|Rank II: Lieutenant||Upgrades your next torpedo attack.
|Rank III: Lt. Commander||Upgrades your next torpedo attack.