Release date: February 2, 2010
The B'rel-class Bird-of-Prey is a Tier 1 (Level 1) Raider which may be flown by Klingon Defense Force characters, including Klingon Empire-aligned Romulan Republic and Dominion characters. All faction restrictions of this starship can be removed by having a level 65 KDF character or by purchasing the Cross Faction Flying unlock from the Zen Store.
Players can obtain this starship by completing the Klingon Empire faction tutorial. Klingon Empire-aligned players may purchase it from any Ship and Shuttle Requisitions officer for 1,000 .
Birds-of-Prey are small, fast and fill a variety of roles for the Empire. They can be used as scouts, raiders or patrol ships. They're vulnerable when cloaked, but their speed and maneuverability make them hard to hit. Also, the Bridge Officer spaces on a Bird-of-Prey are mostly universal, which makes them more versatile.
Purchasing the Legendary B'rel Pilot Bird-of-Prey for 25,000 unlocks all existing ship variants.
|SKIN UNLOCK: Free|
The B'rel class has some interesting design features. The ship's wings have a feathered wing pattern. The main hull has a dual ridged dorsal section with a neck leading off to the bridge. Like all Birds-of-Prey, the vessel's wings are ordinarily in upward position, and only move down when entering combat.
|SKIN UNLOCK: Free|
The Koloth class follows a very similar design including the iconic feathered pattern on the wings. The ship has a larger engine assembly and the tips of the wings fold outward rather than down.
|SKIN UNLOCK: B'Rotlh Bird-of-Prey, 15,000 |
The B'Rotlh class is a modern variant of the classic B'rel design, featuring a lower-pitched head section, a beefed up engineering section and wings that fold forward more than the original. The ship also features larger wing-mounted disruptor cannons.
|SKIN UNLOCK: Kor Bird-of-Prey, 3,000 |
The Kor-class Bird-of-Prey is based on the famed B'rel Bird-of-Prey Retrofit's original design, however it has been heavily modified to be better suited for battle against the Klingon Empire's current foes.
|SKIN UNLOCK: Legendary B'rel Pilot Bird-of-Prey, 25,000 |
The Vo’n’talk-class Bird of Prey patrolled the Empire’s borders in the latter half of the 22nd Century. Bristling with weapons and sporting powerful engines for its time, the Vo’n’talk was a fearsome predator and its crews would often enjoy impressive bounties from campaigns of piracy and looting in the unaligned systems that neighbored the Klingon Empire during its heyday.
The B'rel Bird-of-Prey doesn't come equipped with any universal consoles.
However, it can equip [Console - Universal - Enhanced Induction Coils] which is part of the Stealth Fighter Set. This console is obtainable with B'Rotlh Bird-of-Prey (T1) , but can also be equipped on the B'rel Bird-of-Prey.
The B'rel-class Bird-of-Prey has a cloak that allows the ship to cloak when not in combat, granting stealth and a damage bonus upon decloaking.
Klingon starships come with standard equipment and weapons of the lowest mark available at the ship's minimum rank. The items provided are appropriate to the type of vessel and its related playing style.
- Following table compares Tier 1 KDF starships available to players.
|2x Critical Rating from Events|
- The B'rel Bird-of-Prey was a starting ship for Klingon Empire characters prior to Season 5 when starting level was raised to Level 20 (Commander) and this vessel was removed from the playable ship roster, the Norgh Bird-of-Prey taking its place. With the Legacy of Romulus expansion and the reinstatement of KDF players starting at Level 1, this ship once again became the starting vessel.
- As a tutorial starship, this B'rel lacks a Battle Cloak and Raider Flanking. The refit B'Rotlh class and all other playable variants of the B'rel have Raider Flanking and either a Battle Cloak or Enhanced Battle Cloak.
- Federation players command the B'rel-class vessel, the I.K.S. Targ, during the Klingon War episode “The Doomsday Device”.
- With the release of Season 20, General Martok's flagship, the I.K.S. Rotarran, has been restored to a B'rel-class Bird of Prey across all its appearances, implying that it is the same ship seen in Deep Space Nine.
- Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog - The Klingon Defense Force
- Klingon Bird-of-Prey at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
Playable starships (All Factions)
|Unlocking Cross-Faction Flying will grant the player the ability to use any starship, from any faction.|
|Starfleet: (Complete & Detailed List)|
|Klingon Defense Force: (Complete & Detailed List)|
|DujHod Chariot • Kivra Shuttle • Rozhenko Timeship • To'Duj Fighter • Toron Shuttle|
|Romulan Republic: (Complete & Detailed List)|
|Commander's Gig • Tiercel Shuttle • Kestrel Runabout • Scorpion Fighter|
|Legend & Lists of Starships|
|See also||Ship requisitions officers • Fleet Ship Module • Starship Upgrade Requisition • Experimental Ship Upgrade Token • Cross Faction Flying Unlock|
|Starships by type: Small Craft • Freighter
|T6 Starships by equipment slots: Engineering consoles • Science consoles • Tactical consoles • Weapons • Hangar bays|
|T6 Starships by specialization seating: Command • Intel • Miracle Worker • Pilot • Temporal|