The Balaur Dreadnought is a powerful warship used by the Gorn Hegemony. Its armament is comparable to the Nausicaans' Ravager Dreadnought. As is the case with all dreadnoughts, Balaurs are extremely well shielded and require the strength of several ships to be overcome.
The Balaur Dreadnought has a compact, somewhat boxy shape like a truncated wedge. However, the ship loses height from the aft end to the front. The Balaur is green in color and three pairs of short fins are attached to its underside. The engines are situated at the aft end while the thin forward section consists entirely of a broad deflector dish. Six pairs of light bulges are evenly distributed on the Dreadnought's top, their yellow coloring matching the deflector dish's. Compared to other Gorn ships, the Balaur features much fewer accentuated curvatures.
- Beam Array: Fire at Will III
- Emergency Power to Shields
- Photonic Shockwave Torpedo
- Torpedo: Spread III
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
Vessels of the class
- “Fleet Alert”  : The S'terras, Ythannak, Hekallss, Menakk, and Yanss lead separate Gorn raids on starbases. Defeating all five earns you the "Gorn Siege Breaker" accolade.
- “Starbase Fleet Defense”  : A number of these ships lead a siege against a starbase.
- “No Win Scenario”: Balaur Dreadnoughts attack the Civilian Transport in Combat Simulation 347.
- “Gateway to Gre'thor”: Balaur Dreadnoughts, along with Vo'quv and Ravager-class vessels, attempt to deliver troops to the surface of Herald-besieged Qo'noS.
Caught in a gravity well.
- Like all other Gorn starship classes the Dreadnought's designation is a reference to reptiles from Earth's fauna and/or mythology. In this case, Balaur is refers to a mythological dragon from Romanian folklore and a theropod dinosaur from Romania.