The Bluegill that infested Kyla VanZyl.]
Bluegill have a number of possible forms, ranging from small creatures capable of entering a victim through the mouth, to massive beasts the size of a small building. Most are capable of spitting poison, and can change form and size seemingly on the spot. Bluegill-infested individuals display heightened strength and endurance, and are capable of surviving multiple hits from energy weapons by redirecting the energy as infrared radiation. They cannot possess Joined Trills, though.
In 2364, the Bluegill infested the admiralty of Starfleet in an attempt to seize control of the Federation. The plan was foiled by the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise-D, who were able to destroy the "mother" parasite.
- “The Dragon's Deceit”: The player and Commander Eldex discover that the Bluegill have infested several leaders of the Vaadwaur Supremacy, including Commander Galik and Telen.
- “Bug Hunt”: A hive is discovered in the Delta Quadrant, and a Delta Alliance task force is sent to destroy it.
- “Revolution”: The player manages to expose the corruption of the Vaadwaur to the rest of the Delta Quadrant, sparking a civil war in the Supremacy.
- “Takedown”: It is discovered that Gaul was never infested by a parasite at all, though he was aware of the corruption from the beginning.
- “What's Left Behind”: On an Elachi subspace station in 2410, The Doctor discovers that the Solanae bio-engineered the Bluegill on behalf of the Iconians and used them to control the Vaadwaur.
- “Uneasy Allies”: Lieutenant Commander VanZyl turns on the player while investigating Nopada Prime, and after she is defeated a Bluegill parasite is found to have been controlling her.
Individuals known to be of have been under Bluegill control
- Three Vaadwaur Supremacy leaders in the Kartella System
- Two Elachi on Outpost 001
- Lieutenant Commander VanZyl
- Devidians along with the Bluegills are possibly the only major enemy factions with no apparent starships.
- The Bluegill were first seen in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Conspiracy". They joined Star Trek Online in the Delta Rising expansion.
|Details||Bluegill • Paria III|
|Ground Forces||Delver • Pestilant • Ravager (Bluegill) • Larval Queen • Spawnmother|
|Details||Iconian • Bluegill • Dewan • Elachi • Herald • Solanae • Andromeda Dyson Sphere • Iconia • Iconian gateway • World Heart|
|Ground Forces||Swarmer • Construct • Fused Construct • Thrall • Defiler • Harbinger|
|Starships||Swarmer • Iconian Probe • Mir Fighter • Baltim Raider • Quas Cruiser • Vonph Battleship • Iaidon Dreadnought|
|NPCs||M'Tara • T'Ket • L'Miren • B'Tren • K'Wenn • S'Kenn • T'Lerr • V'Lar|
Factions by Quadrant
|α||Breen Confederacy • Cardassian Union • Deferi • Drantzuli • Federation (Starfleet) • Ferengi Alliance • Kentari Union • Lukari Concordium • Na'kuhl • Tholian Assembly • True Way Alliance • Tzenkethi Coalition|
|β||Federation (Starfleet • DSC Starfleet • TOS Starfleet) • Gorn Hegemony • Iconian • Klingon Empire (Klingon Defense Force) • Klingon Empire Rebels • Klingons (2256) • Nausicaan • Orion Syndicate • Romulan Republic • Romulan Star Empire • Reman Resistance • Son'a • Vulcan|
|γ||Dominion • Fek'Ihri Horde • Hur'q|
|Δ||Automated Personnel Unit • Benthan • Borg Collective • The Cooperative • Bluegill • Hazari • Hierarchy • Hirogen • Kazon • Kobali • Krenim • Malon • Ocampa • Octanti • Talaxian • Turei • Tuterian • Vaadwaur Supremacy • Voth|
|Others||Creatures • Devidian • Elachi • Terran Empire • Undine (Species 8472) • Vorgon|