- This article refers to the starship item consoles. For a list of console commands, see the List of console commands article. For information specific to Playstation 4/Xbox One console versions of the game, see Category:Content exclusive to PS4/Xbox1.
Consoles are equipable starship items that augment the ship's systems. Some consoles provide bonuses to your captain's skills, indirectly improving your abilities, while others provide direct bonuses to weapons, shields, or other systems.
Console slots & types
There are 4 types of console, and, correspondingly, 4 different console slots:
- Engineering Consoles, including Advanced Engineering Armor Consoles and Advanced Engineering RCS Consoles
- Science Consoles, including Threat-Scaling Science Consoles
- Tactical Consoles, such as Energy Distribution Manifolds
- Universal Consoles, which include a range of unique upgrades acquired from specific ships and certain missions, such as the Quantum Phase Converter
An Engineering, Science, or Tactical console may only be placed in its corresponding slot type or a universal console slot; universal slots are quite rare, though most ships do not have any by default some can acquire one through the use of Starship Upgrade Requisitions and/or Experimental Ship Upgrade Tokens. Universal consoles themselves may be placed in any slot.
Slot Compatibility Table:
The Crafting skill can also be used to make usual consoles.
There are also more special consoles which can only be acquired as:
- Purchasing a new ship via the Zen Store
- Mission rewards
- Retail exclusive
- Purchased from a Fleet Embassy via Fleet Advancement System