The Borg Cube fills one of the central roles of the Borg Collective. They are well armed battleships with many capabilities such as tractor beams, subsystem targeting and sensor jamming. They usually travel alone, or sometimes accompanied by Probes and/or Spheres.
The Cube is heavily armed and very durable. The best advantage a player has over this vessel is speed. The Cube is slow, like all battleships, so you can usually strike the same shield many times until you have weakened it. Then the Cube is very vulnerable to Quantum or Tricobalt torpedoes. Even the death throes of a Cube can be dangerous; being too close to one when it explodes can severely damage most starships, if not destroy them outright.
Incomplete and/or missing data.
This article or section does not list all values or entries associated with the discussed subject. Please add any missing statistics or items to the corresponding tables, lists and placeholders.
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
- “Assimilation of the Innocent”: Borg Cubes are part of a Borg invasion of the Alpha Quadrant, their first target being the Vega System.
- “Sleepers”: Romulan Republic players take part in a salvage operation onboard Borg Cube 19721 while undercover as a Tal Shiar agent.
- “Empire Defense Against Borg Invasion”: Borg Cubes are among a Borg invasion fleet KDF players must defeat in the T'Kanis Nebula.
- Ker'rat System: Several Cubes can be seen in the Borg repair facility.
- “Where Angels Fear to Tread”: The player engages Borg Cubes attempting to assimilate the I.R.W. Areinnye and her crew.
- “A Gathering Darkness”: Borg Cubes can be seen in the skies of Omicron Kappa II.
- “Assimilation”: An armada of Borg ships manages to capture an Undine Vila Heavy Bioship. The player boards a Cube to prevent the Borg from successfully assimilating Undine.
- “Fluid Dynamics”: Several Cubes are part of a Borg invasion of Fluidic Space.
- Borg Invasion: Dozens of Cubes accompany the Borg invasion force.
- “Infected: The Conduit”: Borg Cubes guard the transwarp gateway erected in the Sibiran System near Starbase 82.
- “The Cure Found”: Borg Cubes have taken control of several Klingon shipyards in the Vorn System.
- Borg Invasion of Defera: Borg Cubes can be seen in the skies of Defera, supporting the Borg invasion.
- “Friends in Unlikely Places”: The player attempts to liberate Cubes and other Borg vessels from the collective in the Jarleth System. The player may also encounter a Cube comandeered by Kazon scavengers in the Borg Battlefield.
- “Takedown”: A Cube operated by The Cooperative can be seen inside the Jenolan Dyson Sphere when the player arrives for the briefing on the plan to assault the Vaadwaur System.
- “Butterfly”: In an alternate timeline created by the use of the Krenim temporal weapon, the player engages a Cube and other Borg vessels in a fully assimilated Romulus System; the Borg vessels ambushing the player using Romulan cloaking technology.
- “Beyond the Nexus”: A Cube can be seen in the sky in a holodeck program the player and Captain Geordi La Forge are trapped in aboard the U.S.S. Madison.
- Borg Cubes are among a Borg fleet attacking Fleet Starbases in:
- Cubes are part of Borg forces engaged in Deep Space Encounters in the Beta and Delta Quadrants.
- The combination of Tractor Beam, Borg Shield Neutralizer, Boarding Party, Torpedo: High Yield and the large Death Explosion make this ship exceptionally dangerous for a Battleship. As such, many groups prefer to kill them before engaging any accompanying ships like Spheres or Probes, even if they have greater numbers. This makes it one of the few enemies in STO where the "weakest foe first" targeting rule does not apply.
- Borg weapons have a firing arc of 360°.
- The Borg version of Boarding Party uses transporters rather than shuttles.
- Borg cube at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Shield neutralizer at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.