Damage type (space)
- This article is about damage in Space combat. For damage in Ground combat, see Damage type (ground)
There are three major damage categories in Star Trek Online:
- Energy damage is the set of the 6 main types of damage dealt by direct fire ranged energy weapons in space, as well as two other less-common types.
- Kinetic damage is dealt by deployed or self-propelled explosive devices, and also by certain abilities in space.
- Exotic damage is a category of damage from sources other than weapons, such as from bridge officer abilities or console abilities. Exotic damage can be the same type as non-exotic damage; see its section below for details.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Energy damage
- 3 Kinetic damage
- 4 Other damage types
- 5 Exotic damage
- 6 References
- 7 Table of all Starship weapons
Overview[edit | edit source]
Damage in Star Trek Online exists in multiple, overlapping categories. The first distinction is the source of the damage:
- Weapon damage is caused by Ship weapons. All weapon damage is boosted by Starship Weapon Training, which you gain automatically as you level up.
- Energy damage is a subset of weapon damage, caused by directed energy weapons including all Beams and Cannons. All energy damage is boosted by Energy Weapon Training.
- Beam damage is a subset of energy damage, caused by Beam Arrays, Dual Beam Banks, and Omni-Directional Beam Arrays. All beam damage is boosted by Directed Energy Distribution Manifolds and the Beam Training trait.
- Cannon damage is a subset of energy damage, caused by Single Cannons, Dual Cannons, Quad Cannons, Dual Heavy Cannons, and Turrets. All cannon damage is boosted by Prefire Chambers and the Cannon Training trait.
- Several abilities and consoles cause non-beam, non-cannon energy damage, such as Point Defense System.
- Projectile damage is a subset of weapon damage, caused by Torpedo and Mine weapons. All projectile damage is boosted by Projectile Weapon Training and the Projectile Training trait.
- Torpedo damage is a subset of projectile damage, caused by Torpedo Launchers. All torpedo damage is boosted by Warhead Yield Chambers.
- Mine damage is a subset of projectile damage, caused by Mine Launchers. All mine damage is boosted by Variable Geometry Detonators.
- Several abilities and consoles cause non-torpedo, non-mine projectile damage, such as Torpedo Point Defense System.
- Energy damage is a subset of weapon damage, caused by directed energy weapons including all Beams and Cannons. All energy damage is boosted by Energy Weapon Training.
- Exotic damage is that caused by most non-weapon sources, including Bridge Officer abilities, and abilities from set bonuses. All exotic damage is boosted by Exotic Particle Generator.
Second, damage can be divided into multiple different attribute modifiers, or types[main 1] or "elements": Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma, Tetryon, Polaron, Antiproton, Proton, Electrical, Kinetic, Physical, Radiation, Fire, Cold and Psionic. Toxic damage can only be dealt in ground combat at this time.
Damage resistance ratings against a specific type will always reduce damage from that type, regardless of whether the source of that damage is a directed energy weapon, an ability, or even an exotic damage ability.
|This article or section is in need of an update|
Elaboration on how DoTs are effected by the Temporal specialization tree, and making the Hazard pagePlease help out STO Wiki by adding the necessary changes!
As a large example, "Plasma" damage can refer to:
- Plasma weapon damage
- Plasma energy weapon damage, boosted by Plasma Infusers.
- Plasma projectile damage (not to be confused with Kinetic damage caused by plasma projectiles!)
- Plasma-based exotic damage
Assorted equipment boosts damage of specific categories. Tactical Consoles, Fleet Advanced Tactical Vulnerability Consoles and numerous universal consoles boost damage in various categories. A few examples
- Sustained Radiant Field boosts all weapon damage.
- Enhanced Dominion Coordination Protocol boosts all energy weapon damage.
- Ambush Gateway Generator boosts all cannon weapon damage.
- Plasma Warhead Module boosts all torpedo weapon damage.
- Rule 62 Multipurpose Combat Console boosts all torpedo and mine damage, but not Projectile weapon damage in general.
Console descriptions and tooltips must be read carefully to determine which categories of damage they affect.
Additionally, Endeavor Perks provide damage resistances based on type:
- Damage Resist Alpha: Plasma, Phaser, Proton, Psionic and Cold damage.
- Damage Resist Beta: Disruptor, Polaron, Physical, Radiation and Fire damage.
- Damage Resist Gamma: Antiproton, Tetryon, Kinetic, Electric and Toxic damage.
Energy damage[edit | edit source]
Types[edit | edit source]
Each different energy damage type has a bonus effect, known as a proc. Most weapons come with one of these bonuses, while some rarer weapons may contain multiple, or a special one replacing the standard proc.
Directed Energy Weapons, such as Beams and Cannons, use Energy Damage. Deployable Ship Devices such as Satellite Turrets also deal Energy Damage based on the type of weapon it carries.
There are tactical advantages to using a single energy damage type primarily due to consoles giving a greater bonus by energy type (e.g. phasers) than by weapon type (e.g. beam arrays). However, some players prefer to use a wide variety of damage types in the hopes of scoring multiple proc hits.
Phaser[edit | edit source]
Phaser damage is displayed as orange in color, or sometimes pale yellow. The Andorian and TOS retro versions are a blue color. The term "phaser" is an acronym for Phased Energy Rectification. A type of particle weapon, phasers damage targets with streams of nadions. Against living targets, this can be set to either lethal or non-lethal effect, depending on the power of the stream. Player-acquired starships for the Federation by default come with Phaser energy weapons.
Proc: 2.5% chance: Disable 1 Subsystem for 5 seconds
Abilities that deal Phaser energy weapon damage:
- Boarding Party (Federation players w/ special Boarding Party Assault Squad Officer)
- Broadside Cannon Barrage (Broadside Emitter Arrays from the Kelvin Timeline Intel Dreadnought Cruiser)
- Deploy Defense Platform (Defense Platform - Federation Command Battlecruiser)
- Deploy Heavy Phaser Assault Platform (Heavy Phaser Assault Platform from the Paladin Temporal Battlecruiser, exclusive to Temporal Battlecruisers)
- Heavy Phaser Lance (Heavy Phaser Lance from the Phantom Intel Escort, exclusive to Intel Escorts)
- Nadion Saturation Bomb (bomb strikes are energy damage, hazard is exotic damage; Nadion Saturation Bomb from the Patrol Escort Refit, exclusive to Patrol Escorts)
- Phaser Lotus (Dynamic Tactical System exclusive to the Veteran destroyers in Tactical Mode)
- Phaser Spinal Lance (Galaxy Dreadnought Cruiser variants)
- Point Defense System (Point Defense System - Federation version)
Agony Phaser Energy Torpedo Launcher is boosted by Phaser-specific consoles and Projectile Weapon Training rather than energy skills.
Disruptor[edit | edit source]
Disruptors are a type of directed energy used in weapons, and are green or dark green in color. Disruptors cause damage to the target by breaking, or "disrupting", the bonds of atoms. Player-acquired starships for the Klingon Defense Force by default come with Disruptor energy weapons.
Proc: 2.5% chance: -10% Damage Resistance Debuff
Abilities that deal Disruptor energy weapon damage:
- Boarding Party (Klingon Empire players w/ special Boarding Party Assault Squad Officer)
- Deploy Defense Platform (Defense Platform - Klingon Command Battlecruiser)
- Disruptor Autocannon (Disruptor Autocannon from the Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser, exclusive to Bortas variants)
- Disruptor Lotus (Dynamic Tactical System exclusive to the Veteran destroyers in Tactical Mode)
- Disruptor Shell (Terran Task Force Starship Technologies 4-piece set bonus)
- Heavy Disruptor Spinal Cannons (Heavy Disruptor Spinal Cannons from the Mat'Ha Raptor, exclusive to Mat'Ha variants)
- Javelin (Guramba Siege Destroyer variants while in Siege Mode)
- Point Defense System (Point Defense System - KDF version)
- Spiral Wave Disruptor Lance (Cardassian Keldon Cruiser)
- Crescent Wave Cannon Barrage (Elachi S'golth Escort)
- Console - Universal - Dynamic Defense Deployment System
- Nausicaan Energy Torpedo Launcher is boosted by Disruptor-specific consoles and Projectile Weapon Training rather than energy skills.
Plasma[edit | edit source]
Plasma energy beams are green/cyan in color. Player-acquired starships for the Romulan Republic by default come with Plasma energy weapons.
Proc: 2.5% chance: Applies a non-stacking DoT
- Boarding Party (Romulan Republic players w/ special Boarding Party Assault Squad Officer)
- Deploy Defense Platform (Defense Platform - Romulan Command Warbird Battlecruiser)
- Focused Singularity Beam (Focused Singularity Modulator from the Ar'Kif Tactical Carrier Warbird Retrofit, usable while in Annihilation Mode on any Ar'Kif variant carrier warbird)
- Heavy Plasma Lance (Heavy Plasma Lance exclusive to the Faeht Intel Warbird)
- Plasma Barrage (Plasma Discharge Array from the Na'kuhl Tadaari Raider, exclusive to Na'kuhl starships)
- Plasma Hyperflux (Romulan Singularity Harness 3 Piece)
- Plasma Lotus (Dynamic Tactical System exclusive to the Veteran warbird destroyers in Tactical Mode)
- Plasma Spinal Lance (Kara Advanced Warbird variants)
- Plasma Wave (Plasma Wave, usable on any ship)
- Plasmatic Biomatter Torpedo Launcher is boosted by Plasma-specific consoles and Projectile Weapon Training rather than energy skills.
Tetryon[edit | edit source]
Tetryon energy beams are blue in color. Tetryons are subatomic particles that exist outside of normal space. When brought into normal space from subspace (artificially or naturally) they become highly unstable.
Proc: 2.5% chance: additional damage to all shield facings
Player abilities that deal Tetryon energy weapon damage:
- Hirogen Feign Death Trap (Alpha Deception Field console)
- Refracting Tetryon Cascade (Nukara Strikeforce Reputation Tier 5 trait)
- Tetryon Sniper Blast (Apex Predator 3-piece set bonus)
- Unstable Tetryon Lattice (Nukara Strikeforce Technologies 3-piece set bonus)
- Advanced Diffusive Tetryon Torpedo Launcher is boosted by Tetryon-specific consoles and Projectile Weapon Training rather than energy skills.
Polaron[edit | edit source]
Polaron are pink/purple in color. These weapons were heavily utilized by the Jem'Hadar during the Dominion War. Some Jem'Hadar Polaron ground weaponry can have bonus effects based on the Nanoenergy cell used.
Proc: 2.5% chance: -25 power to all Subsystems
Player abilities that deal Polaron energy weapon damage:
- Polaron Cannon Barrage is boosted by Polaron-specific consoles and Projectile Weapon Training rather than energy skills.
- Temporal Fluctuation is an NPC-exclusive Polaron damage ability.
- Morphogenic Polaron Energy Torpedo Launcher is boosted by Polaron-specific consoles and Projectile Weapon Training rather than energy skills.
Antiproton[edit | edit source]
Antiprotons, when confined into a beam, are normally crimson with a black void border. Up close, the energy looks a lot more unstable, similar to Plasma and Tetryon energy. Undine antiproton weapons are pale yellow in color.
Proc: +20% Critical Severity
Abilities that deal Antiproton energy weapon Damage:
- Chroniton Lance (Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought)
- Aligned Shielding / Alliance Lance (Khitomer Alliance Battlecruiser)
- Aligned Bombardment (Temer Alliance Raider)
- Crystalline Energy Torpedo Launcher is boosted by Antiproton-specific consoles and Projectile Weapon Training rather than energy skills.
Proton[edit | edit source]
Protons, are whitish-blue in color. This rare and experimental weapon type fires a concentrated stream of proton particles at its target dealing moderate damage over time. This weapon is equally effective against starship shields and hull. Should a Proton Weapon land a critical hit, it has a 50/50 chance of dealing additional proton damage that completely bypasses the target's shields.
Proc: 50% chance: on critical: Additional Proton Damage (Ignores Shields)
No NPCs currently use Proton damage against the player. See the Proton-based exotic damage section below for player-usable exotic Proton sources. As for non-exotic sources:
Proton weapon damage, boosted by Starship Weapons Training, includes:
- Proton energy damage, boosted by Energy Weapon Training, includes:
- Proton projectile damage, boosted by Projectile Weapon Training, includes:
- Launch Proton Charges, a universal console ability
Lastly, these abilities deal Proton damage that scales with your Auxiliary Power, but isn't classified as weapon or exotic damage:
Things that affect non-exotic Proton damage:
- Proton damage from any source is boosted by Auto Targeting Modules and the Proton Particle Stabilizer from the Dyson Reputation System.
- Proton resistance is provided by Energy Signature Dampeners, while using the [Subspace Field Modulator] will give -400 Proton damage resistance, much like the Ophidian Cane on the ground. Since Proton is a form of energy damage, the most common protection against it is in the form of All Energy Damage resistance or All Damage resistance ratings, such as from Neutronium Alloy. Protonic Shielding does not affect your Proton damage resistance.
Finally, damage reflected by the Shield Reflection skill is dealt as Proton damage, though it cannot be boosted by any means. It is simply 20% of the reflected critical hit's damage.
Electrical[edit | edit source]
Some weapons and abilities fire a stream of electricity at their target. There is not yet a consistent proc associated with Electrical damage, and indeed, the majority of it is dealt as Electrical-based Exotic Damage.
Electrical energy damage, boosted by Energy Weapon Training, include:
- [Experimental Hyperexcited Ion Stream Projector], an Experimental Weapon
- [Field-Distortion Overcharge Pulse], another Experimental Weapon
- [Soliton Wave Impeller]
Protection against Electrical damage: Currently the only protection available is via All Energy Damage Resistance and All Energy Resistance ratings. No items provide specific electrical damage resistance. The Electrical self-damage caused by Energy Weapons: Exceed Rated Limits cannot be resisted.
FeedbackPulse[edit | edit source]
FeedbackPulse is an ability that is used to reflect Incoming damage. Below are various forms of Feedback abilities; they deal the same type of damage they are reflecting (unless otherwise specified). Feedback abilites Cannot Critically Hit:
- Nukara Crystalline Resilient Shields 1% Chance for 140% Reflect (+50% Shield Pen)
- Solanae Resilient Shield Array 1% Chance for 33% Reflect
- Terran Task Force Covariant Shield Array 2.5% Chance for 33% Reflect (Disruptor)
- Ability: Distributed Targeting 15% -30% Reflect
- Ability: Feedback Pulse 50- 100% Reflect (+50% Shield Pen)
- Ability: Haywire 5% Chance for 50% Reflect (Pre-Resist +100% Shield Pen)
- Specialization: Strategist skill: Counter-Offensive 10k Electrical damage (+50% Shield Pen)
- Polarize Hull Doff variant 2%-5% Chance for 10% to 50% Reflect (+50% Shield Pen)
- Trait: Nanoprobe Feedback 10% Chance for 125% Reflect (Rank 2)
- Console - Universal - Advanced Engagement System
- Console - Universal - Multidimensional Wave-Function Analysis Module 100%- 600% Reflect (+50% Shield Pen, Kinetic only)* Due to Aux and Epg Scaling
- Console - Universal - Rebounding Resonant Frequencies (up to) 125% Reflect (+50% Shield Pen) * Due to Aux and Epg Scaling
- Shall We Not Revenge 10% to 50% Reflect (Pre-Resist,+50% Shield Pen, Disruptor)
Protection against energy damage[edit | edit source]
Ship Shields may come with one or more damage resistance modifiers, each giving 20% resistance against the damage type indicated by the suffix(es) in the item name: [Pha], [Dis], [Pla], [Pol], [Tet], [Ap].
3 types of Armor Consoles provide resistance against all, or a specific subset of Energy Damage:
- Platings provide high resistance against 2 energy damage types
- Armors provide moderate resistance against 4 energy damage types
- Alloys provide low resistance against all damage types, including non-energy damage
There are also specialty Engineering consoles, such as Energy Signature Dampeners which provide the same effect, but at a smaller magnitude.
These personal space traits will also provide some energy damage resistance:
- Molecular Defense Specialist - +10% resistance to Phaser, Disruptor and Plasma damage.
- Particle Defense Specialist - +10% resistance to Tetryon, Polaron and Antiproton damage.
Energy types by faction & armor recommendations[edit | edit source]
The various Factions deal damage types specific to them both in space and ground combat. Since defensive equipment may provide resistance against only a subset of all damage types, knowing in advance what damage to expect from a given foe and using the right equipment to counter it can increase the chances of survival.
- All Cardassian vessels are equipped with both a Dual Phaser Beam Bank and two Spiral Wave Disruptor Beam Arrays.
- True Way ships are repurposed Cardassian and Dominion vessels.
- Both Borg Collective and Borg Cooperative ships use Plasma energy weapons and Plasma torpedoes. Borg Collective Cubes also utilize a Kinetic Cutting Beam that does Kinetic Energy weapon damage.
- Borg Collective Unimatrix 0047 Command Ships only, which also use a Kinetic Cutting Beam.
- Klingon battlecruisers use Bio-neural Warheads.
- Future starships from the 29th and 31st centuries, eg. the Terran Temporal Dreadnought.
- This row denotes the default equipment that comes with that species's ship, but can only be encountered as enemy NPCs at this time. On occasion they may appear as allied NPCs, and it would be possible to take damage from them if they are inflicted with a confusion effect.
- Andorian Pilot Escorts default equipment.
- Denorios-class Bajoran Interceptor default equipment.
- Default equipment of the Lukari Ho'kuun class and N'Kaam class is Phaser, the L.S.S. Concordium uses Plasma, and the default equipment of the Dranuur class is Piezo-Polaron.
- Suliban Cell Ship default equipment is Phaser. Suliban Silik Flight-Deck Assault Cruiser default equipment is Plasma.
- Tellarite Pralim Flight-Deck Assault Cruiser default equipment.
- The Xindi-Aquatic Briostrys Dreadnought Carrier and Xindi-Reptilian Sistruus Escort come equipped with Phased Biomatter weapons.
- Krenim NPCs use Polaron energy weapons, while Krenim ships commissioned by the player come with Coalition Disruptor weapons.
- Lethean Pilot Escorts default equipment.
- B'abynii Escorts, Daxxtarian Science Vessels and Easathir Science Vessels are equipped with Disruptor Arrays.
- Dewan Pilot Escorts default equipment.
- Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser et al. default equipment.
- D'Kyr Science Vessel NPCs and default equipment.
- The Xindi-Insectoid Olaen Heavy Escort Carrier and Xindi-Primate Ateleth Dreadnought Cruiser come equipped with Plasmatic Biomatter weapons.
- Caitian Atrox Carrier, Aspero Carrier, & Shikaris Escort default equipment.
- Ferasan Slithus Escort default equipment
- Default equipment of the Khitomer & Temer class
- Obelisk 1 fused equipment
Kinetic damage[edit | edit source]
Kinetic damage is dealt by explosive devices of various kinds, including torpedoes launched from Torpedo Launchers and deployable Torpedo Platforms, and Mines deployed from Mine Launchers, as well as various spatial anomalies caused by certain abilities. In addition to the Kinetic Damage, projectile weapons often have secondary effects, in some cases dealing additional Energy Damage or Exotic Damage to the target in a single hit or as a or .
The following Experimental Weapons deal Kinetic Damage:
- Experimental Dual Warhead Launchers
- Experimental Flak Shot Artillery
- Experimental Protomatter-Laced Sheller (50% Kinetic, 50% Radiation)
- Experimental Railgun (has matching console)
- Slamshot Magnetic Artillery
There are currently two ways to boost Kinetic damage directly, which would apply to all Kinetic Damage projectiles as well as any Kinetic Exotic Damage:
- Console - Universal - Deconstructive Resonance Emitter
- Gamma Team Synergies 3-piece set bonus.
Otherwise, boosting Kinetic damage would require using Tactical Consoles to boost the output of specific projectile weapons, or increasing your Exotic Particle Generator skill for Kinetic Exotic Damage.
- Monotanium Alloy provides good resistance against Kinetic Damage but no resistance against any Energy Damage
- Neutronium Alloy provides medium resistance against Kinetic Damage and medium resistance against all Energy Damage. This is very useful when you don't know what energy damage types you will be facing.
- The other Alloy types provide low resistance against Kinetic Damage, but also provide low resistance against all 6 Energy Damage types.
The personal space trait Impact Defense Specialist provides +10% resistance to Kinetic and Physical damage.
Torpedo[edit | edit source]
Torpedoes are self-propelled, target tracking explosive devices (basically, homing missiles) delivering Kinetic Damage to the target, and depending on type applying other harmful effects.
There are several types of Torpedoes, which may vary in damage potential, flight speed, launch time, applicable modifiers and additional effects over the base Kinetic Damage, but regardless of type, all of them deal Kinetic Damage.
Torpedo types by faction & recommendations[edit | edit source]
All the torpedo types below deal Kinetic damage, so refer to the above section on how to protect your ship against that. Otherwise, one must keep in mind the different attributes the torpedoes have:
- Photon torpedoes can fire more frequently than any others
- Quantum torpedoes do more damage per volley than photons
- Plasma torpedoes do less damage per volley than photons, but leave behind a plasma burn DoT; consider running Hazard Emitters to cleanse it. High Yield Plasma torpedoes are destructible (excluding 23rd century ones); Consider Beam Array: Fire at Will, Cannon: Scatter Volley, Tractor Beam Repulsors, or a Point Defense System to counter them.
- Transphasic torpedoes will partially bypass your shields
- Chroniton torpedoes can reduce your flight speed and turn rate
- Tricobalt devices will temporarily disable you, but are always destructible.
|Used by|| Cardassian
True Way [P 1]
Nimbosian [P 2]
True Way [P 1]
Undine [P 3]
Galactic Union [P 4]
Terran [P 4]
Klingon [P 5]
Mine[edit | edit source]
Mines are stationary, proximity activated target tracking explosive devices delivering Kinetic Damage to the target, and depending on type applying other harmful effects. The main difference between Mines and Torpedoes is that while Torpedoes actively pursue the designated target from the moment of launch, Mines sit still until a hostile ship comes within 4km proximity, then they pursue the target and detonate on impact.
Mines come in the same types as Torpedoes, with the same effects in addition to the Kinetic Damage they all deal.
Other damage types[edit | edit source]
The following damage types are not considered Energy or belong to any other category. They may act as Exotic damage depending on the source of the damage.
Fire[edit | edit source]
Previously only available in ground combat, there are now several sources of Fire damage in space:
- [Console - Tactical - Fek'ihri Torment Engine] increases Fire damage.
- Phlogiston Projector is an Experimental Weapon that deals Fire damage in space.
- Chains of Fire, found on the Chains of Fire universal console, deals shield-ignoring exotic Fire damage. The console itself also boosts fire damage.
- Into the Maw, found on the Open the Maw of Grethor universal console, deals shield-ignoring exotic Fire damage. The console itself also boosts fire damage.
- Fiery Charge, found on the [[Console - Universal - |]] universal console, deals shield-ignoring exotic Fire damage. The console itself also boosts fire damage.
- Maw of Gre'thor, a starship trait, deals exotic Fire damage.
- Fiery Entrance, a starship trait, deals exotic Fire damage.
- Gre'thor's Fire, a starship trait, deals exotic Fire damage.
Aside from that, one must rely on All Damage boosts to increase your fire damage in space.
Cold[edit | edit source]
Another damage type previously only available in ground combat, the Out of Time is an Starship Trait that deals Cold damage to self in space. The only way to boost Cold damage in space directly is with:
All other means must rely on All Damage boosts.
Psionic[edit | edit source]
Yet another damage type previously only available in ground combat, Psionic damage can now be dealt by Console - Universal - Rebounding Resonant Frequencies Rebounding Resonant Frequencies. This is a damage reflection ability, so the damage cannot be boosted or critically hit, but it nevertheless deals Psionic damage to the enemy.
Radiation[edit | edit source]
In space, much like Plasma and Proton damage, Radiation comes in both Exotic and non-Exotic types. Only Exotic Radiation is boosted by Exotic Particle Generators. Specific Radiation Damage resistance in space can be found on:
- [Console - Universal - Momentum Manipulator], equipable on Tzenkethi starships
- [Lukari Restoration Initiative Deflector Array]
- [Nukara Crystalline Resilient Shields]
- [Dielectric Oscillation Resilient Shields [Rad]] at quality
- Enhanced Hull Plating, a Starship Mastery passive found on Cruisers, Battle Cruisers, Dreadnought Cruisers, Warbird Battlecruisers, Flight-Deck Cruisers, and Engineering Carriers.
Other Radiation-related factors:
- Reconstructive Radiation, a space trait that repairs hull and removes Damage-over-time effects when receiving Radiation damage
Non-Exotic Radiation sources[edit | edit source]
- Advanced Radiant Quantum Torpedo Launcher
- Alliance Hypercannon, an Experimental Weapon
- Experimental Protomatter-Laced Sheller, another Experimental Weapon
- Hargh'peng Torpedo Launcher
- Soliton Wave Impeller *Proc
- Trilithium Tricobalt Torpedo Launcher
- The 8472 Counter-Command Reputation System:
- Bio-Molecular Phaser and Disruptor weapons from the 8472 Counter-Command Reputation Store
- Heavy Bio-Molecular Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma or Tetryon Turrets from the Counter-Command Ordnance set
- Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo Launcher from the same set
- the set bonuses from the same set, which increase Bio-Molecular proc chances
- The Delta Alliance Reputation System:
- The Terran Task Force Reputation System:
- Tzenkethi Resolve Set weapons:
- Activate Aceton Mode
- Interphasic Instability, a universal console ability. Scales only with auxiliary power.
- Kemocite-Laced Weaponry, a Tactical bridge officer ability
- Kemocite Deployment Vortex, a universal console ability from the Experimental Weaponry Set.
- Protomatter Barrage, a universal console ability exclusive to Tzenkethi starships
- Radiant Detonation Matrix, a passive reputation space trait
- Theta Radiation Infused Evasive Maneuvers, a starship trait
- Automated Aggression, a starship trait from the Tzenkethi Tzen-tar Dreadnought Carrier. Radiation damage, chance of Radiation hazard.
Non-Exotic Radiation damage is boosted by the Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay and the two-piece set bonus from the Delta Alliance Ordnance set, which also boost Exotic Radiation damage.
Exotic damage[edit | edit source]
A specialty "catch all" term used to describe damage caused by certain non-weapon (i.e not caused by Beams, Cannons, Torpedoes or Mines) consoles/abilities or damage-causing Science bridge officer abilities. These are abilities boosted by Exotic Particle Generator skill, and their potency affected by the ship's Auxiliary power level. A common feature of Exotic damage is (though not always) 50% - 100% shield penetrating Kinetic Damage. However, this form of non-weapon damage can be seen in Electrical as well as Physical and Proton damage in space.
These damage types may be inflicted by explosives or abilities during ground combat, or certain player of Bridge Officer abilities during space combat.
Physical[edit | edit source]
In space, the Kar'Fi Battleships of the Fek'Ihri Horde launch Tortured Souls that do Physical damage, the Crystalline Entity spawns fragments which do Physical damage, and The Sphere Builders utilize Temporal abilities dealing Physical damage, making these the exceptions to the "only in ground combat" norm for this type of damage from NPCs. Most forms of Physical Damage are Shield Ignoring
Player-usable sources of Physical Damage in space combat are:
- Anti-Time Entanglement Singularity, a space reputation trait
- Causal Anchor, a universal console ability from the 31st Century Temporal Technologies Set
- Destabilizing Resonance Beam, a Science Bridge officer ability
- Entropic Rider and Decaying Rebuke I & II from the Temporal Operative skill tree
- Disruption Pulse Emitter from the Synergistic Retrofitting Set
- Molecular Deconstruction Beam on Temporal starships
- Molecular Cohesion Nullifier Field, a universal console ability
- Nanoprobe Contagion Field, a universal console ability
- Structural Integrity Collapse, an Engineering Bridge officer ability
- Subspace Agitation, a universal console ability
- Subspace Wake, a universal console ability
- Temporal Fracture, the 4-piece set bonus ability from the Temporal Defense Initiative Starship Technologies set
- Temporal Shockwave, a Physical DoT, from the Gemini Temporal Cruiser universal console.
- Timestream Rift Warhead, a universal console ability (initial damage boosted by Projectile Weapon Damage, hazard boosted by EPG)
- Tholian Web Cannon, a universal console ability
- Energy Web, a starship trait from the Tholian Tarantula Dreadnought Cruiser
- Subspatial Warheads, a starship trait from the Son'a Intel Battlecruiser
- Numerous Temporal Operative Bridge officer abilities:
Source of Physical damage resistance in space:
- Alternate Timeline Set 3-piece set bonus
- [Console - Universal - Momentum Manipulator], equipable on Tzenkethi starships
- Console - Science - Temporally Shielded Datacore
- Impact Defense Specialist personal space trait
Note: Damage dealt by any kind of explosion is Kinetic Damage and thus reduced by Kinetic Resistance, and NOT by Physical Resistance.
Phaser-based[edit | edit source]
Disruptor-based[edit | edit source]
- The Subatomic Disruptor on the Subatomic Deflector Array, also used by the Aeon and Rozhenko Carrier Pets from the Paradox's hangar bay.
Plasma-based[edit | edit source]
A few abilities are classified as "Plasma-based Exotic Damage", and boosted by both Exotic Particle Generators and Plasma-Generating Threat-Scaling Science Consoles. They include:
- Coolant Ignition
- Reinforcements Squadron's Kolvoord Starburst
- Create Fluidic Rift (puddles)
- Eject Warp Plasma
- Eject Cryoplasma
- EPS Corruption, the Engineering Ultimate ability
- Fluidic Phase Jump
- Infectious Bio-Matter Swarm
- Micropulse Overcharge
- Plasma Shockwave
- Particle Emission Plasma Torpedo Launcher - Plasma Cloud
- Riker Maneuver
- the Plasma Explosions caused by the aforementioned Plasma-Generating consoles are not "Plasma-based Exotic Damage" and do not benefit from Exotic Particle Generators
- Eject Tetryon Plasma from the Tetryon-Plasma Impulse Engines does not deal damage.
|Users||Fek'Ihri ||Gorn ||Malon ||Undine |
Antiproton-based[edit | edit source]
Proton-based[edit | edit source]
In space, Proton exotic damage is boosted by the Exotic Particle Generator skill instead of weapon skills as usual, and is still also boosted by things that specifically boost Proton damage. As Proton is a form of Energy damage, it will also be boosted by and resisted by All Energy Damage [resistance] sources. There are currently three sources of exotic Proton damage:
- Shield Refrequencer
- Refracting Energy Shunt
- Tholian Web, both colliding with the edge or being inside one when it collapses.
Electrical-based[edit | edit source]
Despite being a type of energy damage, the majority of Electrical damage-dealing abilities are classified as exotic damage. For the purposes of damage resistance/immunity, Electrical is nevertheless considered to be a form of energy damage. Sources of Electrical damage on the include:
- Bridge Officer abilities:
- Electromagnetic Pulse Probe (Intel)
- Universal console abilities:
- Energy Discharge Array from the Hypercooled Technology Set, usable on Breen starships.
- Heavy Particle Focuser Array from the Husnock Warship (900), usable on the Husnock Warship and Miradorn Theta Class Heavy Raider. Part of a 2-piece set that improves its own electrical damage.
- Indoctrination Nanites from the Tal Shiar Adapted Borg Technology Set, usable on Tal Shiar starships.
- Ionized Particle Beam from the Enhanced Weapon Systems Efficiency set, usable on Mogai Heavy Warbird variants.
- Isometric Charge from the Vor'Kang Battle Cruiser / Temporal Lock Box
- Isometric Discharge Array from the Alliance Multi-Mission Systems Set, usable on Multi-Mission Explorers.
- Modulated Chromoelectric Pulse from the Law and Order set
- Mycelial Spore Burst from the Somerville Intel Science Vessel or Batlh Intel Science Vessel
- Overload Supplemental Subsystems on the Tier 6 Dreadnought Cruiser / Kolasi Siege Destroyer / Kara Advanced Warbird
- Sabotage Probe from the Dhelan Warbird Retrofit / Xindi-Amphibious Lock Box
- Sensor Burnout from the Son'a Lock Box
- Other sources:
- Drain Infection from the Science skill tree
- Catastrophic Overload, a starship trait from the D9 Dreadnought Battlecruiser / Undiscovered Lock Box
- Counter-Offensive, a Strategist Specialization
- Spore-Infused Anomalies a starship trait from the Somerville Intel Science Vessel or Batlh Intel Science Vessel
- Electrified Anomalies a starship trait from the Risian Weather Control Vessel
|NPC Users||Klingon Empire ||Borg |
Radiation-based[edit | edit source]
- Bridge Officer abilities:
- Universal console abilities:
- Aceton Assimilator
- Delphic Tear
- Oblivion Gateway from the Herald Tactics set
- Radiation Bombardment from the Alliance Multi-Mission Systems Set
- Soliton Wave Generator from the Exotic Particle Generators set
- Thermolytic Injector from the Son'a Technology Set
- Violent Dampening Wave from the Flagship Technologies Console Set
- Set bonuses:
- Certain abilities with the Tal Shiar Adapted Borg Technology Set 3-piece set bonus, Multi-Spectral Particle Generator
- Bio-Molecular Fluidic Space Counter Blast and Bio-Molecular Reactive Shielding System, the Fluidic Counter Assault set 3-piece and 4-piece set bonuses, respectively.
- Solar Flare Gateway, the Herald Tactics set 3-piece set bonus
- Thalaron Pulse, the Advanced Scimitar Systems set 3-piece set bonus
- Other sources:
- Using Charged Particle Burst with a Charged Particle Burst Gravimetric Scientist duty officer on active space duty.
- Collect and Consume, a starship trait from the Son'a Collector Science Dreadnought
- Deploy Consumption Array, an innate ability on the above dreadnought
- Thermolytic Absorption, a passive radiation damage aura found on Son'a Assault Fighters. [main 4]
- Gravitic Lance, an innate ability on the 26th century Temporal Heavy Dreadnoughts
- Improved Weaponized Emitters, a starship trait
- Temporal Anchor, a starship trait
- the radiation damage from Deteriorating and Inhibiting Secondary Deflectors
References[edit | edit source]
Table of all Starship weapons[edit | edit source]
|Starship Energy Weapons |
|Array & Omni||Dual Bank||Turret||Single||Dual & Quad||Dual Heavy|
|Standard Energy Weapons|
|Cosmetics Energy Weapons (different visuals)|
|These weapons are functionally identical to the Standard Energy Weapons above, but are visually different when firing. This includes most 23rd-century weaponry, with the exception of the 23rd century Plasma Torpedo Launcher in the section below and most Discovery-era weapons.|
|Hybrid Energy Weapons (two standard procs)|
|Elite Fleet Energy Weapons (standard + extra proc)|
|Special Energy Weapons (standard + extra proc)|
|Special Energy Weapons (non-standard proc[s])|