Denise Crosby was born on November 24, 1957. Crosby has appeared in numerous television and film roles since the 1980s. In 1987 Crosby was cast as Natasha Yar on Star Trek: The Next Generation, a role she played during the series' first season. After her character's death, Crosby returned to The Next Generation multiple times, reprising her role of Yar as well as portraying the villainous character of Sela.
Despite her early departure from The Next Generation, Crosby has retained many ties to the Star Trek franchise, notably voicing her characters for multiple video games and producing the documentaries Trekkies and Trekkies 2.
Star Trek Online
Denise Crosby has appeared in Star Trek Online since January 2013, when she portrayed Tasha Yar in the anniversary episode “Temporal Ambassador”. In May 2013 Crosby returned for the expansion Legacy of Romulus, portraying Romulan Empress Sela. In 2014 an 2015 Crosby continued to portray Sela in several missions, some of them revamped from the original Romulan story arc for Federation characters. In 2017 Crosby returned for the mission “Survivor”, in which both Sela and Yar appear for the first time together, offering a preliminary conclusion to the story arcs of both characters.
- Listed in order of release.
- “Temporal Ambassador” (as Tasha Yar)
- “Turning Point” (as Sela)
- “Cloak and Dagger” (as Sela)
- “Mind Game” (as Sela)
- “Cutting the Cord” (as Sela)
- “What's Left Behind” (as Sela)
- “Empress Sela” (as Sela)
- “Shadow Play” (as Sela)
- “Taris” (as Sela)
- “Uneasy Allies” (as Sela)
- “Midnight” (as Sela)
- “Survivor” (as Sela and Tasha Yar)
- Sector space exploration narrations (Tau Dewa sector space)
- Rank-up congratulation messages for Romulan Republic characters
- Iconian Resistance reputation: Encoded Data Receiver messages
- Denise Crosby was the third Star Trek actor to reprise her role in Star Trek Online. She appeared initially as Tasha Yar in “Temporal Ambassador” and later voiced Sela for Legacy of Romulus.
- The story of “Temporal Ambassador” is a direct continuation of the The Next Generation episode Yesterday's Enterprise, in which Denise Crosby reappeared for the first time after her character's death in Season 1 of the series. The episode (and thus the mission) also laid the groundwork of the character of Sela.
- Sela appeared in-game long before the addition of Crosby's voice-overs (including a Foundry asset in her likeness).
- Denise Crosby on Wikipedia
- Denise Crosby on Memory Alpha
- On Screen! - Episode 2 (feat. Denise Crosby) on YouTube