This world replaced the Founders' original homeworld, located in the Omarion Nebula, which was largely destroyed by a joint Tal Shiar-Obsidian Order fleet in 2371. The changelings evacuated the planet prior to the fleet's arrival and the location of their new homeworld was a closely guarded secret.
- “Final Hur'q Assault on Empersa”: The final event of the Battlezone is a Hur'q invasion of Empersa. Loriss announces that if Empersa falls, the Dominion falls.
- “Home”: The Alliance aids the defence of Empersa.
- “Tenebris Torquent”: Elim Garak triggers a Hur'q Signalling Device on the world, which they then depart for.
Hur'q approach Empersa
- The system does not lie within the current Gamma Quadrant sector space. It is accessible from the location of Odo's Fleet in the Gavara Sector, indicating it as the closest point to the system's real location.
- Founders' homeworld at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Founders' homeworld at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.