The Endeavor System is composed of two parts: Universal Endeavors which are game-wide challenges, and Personal Endeavors which are account-specific challenges. Challenges include playing specific missions, dealing a specific damage type and completing R&D tasks. Completion awards prize boxes and progress towards passive skill perks.
Universal Endeavors were added in the Season 13.5 Update, while Personal Endeavors along with Perks were added with the Mirror of Discovery Update for PC players and expanded with the February 10, 2021 patch. Console players received Personal Endeavors with the April 2nd, 2019 patch.
Universal Endeavors[edit | edit source]
The Universal Endeavor System is a limited-time challenge based reward system for endgame players (level 60+) in Star Trek Online. Every two to three days (Resets on Monday, Wednesday, Friday) at 17:00 UTC, a new task is distributed server-wide and any in-progress/uncompleted tasks will expire. These challenges range from completing R&D tasks or missions, to dealing damage to enemies with a specific energy type. Upon completion, a small amount of Expertise and Experience Points are awarded along with an [Universal Endeavor Prize Pack] as well as 400 Endeavor XP.
For a list of all known Universal Endeavors, please see the Universal Endeavor List.
Personal Endeavors[edit | edit source]
The Personal Endeavor System, much like the Universal Endeavors, are random tasks for Level 60 or higher characters. Every day at 10:00 UTC three randomly assigned tasks are granted of various difficulties - one being easy, one being medium, and one being hard. Unlike Universal Endeavors, these ones are unique for everybody instead of being one game-wide endeavor. Completing Personal Endeavors rewards Endeavor XP and [Personal Endeavor Prize Packs] based on the appropriate difficulty.
Completing an Easy Personal Endeavor will give 650 Endeavor XP and an uncommon Prize Pack. Completing a Medium Personal Endeavor will give 3,200 Endeavor XP and a rare Prize Pack. Completing a Hard Personal Endeavor will give 8,000 Endeavor XP and a very rare Prize Pack.
Perks[edit | edit source]
All players receive one free perk point upon reaching level 60, or were awarded one upon release of the system. After getting 20,000 Endeavor XP, a new Perk Point becomes available. Players can then spend these Perk Points on account-wide bonuses that apply to all characters equally. There are 30 categories in total - 14 Ground, 16 Space - and each category can have 20 points spent on it, for a total of 600 points. When spending a Perk Point, the system randomly pulls three categories from the above to choose from, except those that are already maxed out.
The entries below link to a related Skill in the game, though it should be noted that for perks that give a percentage boost, they do not boost skill directly and do not all boost them by the equivalent amount. For example, the Hull Regeneration (Space) perk gives +4% per node, which is equivalent to +4 Damage Control skill, while the Max Hull (Space) perk gives +1% per node, which is equivalent to +3.(3) Hull Capacity skill. Other entries are not as directly linked to skills, eg. the Weapon Criticals ground skill boosts both Critical Chance and Severity, but those are separate perks. Visit the linked skill pages to compare their benefits.
- Damage Resist Alpha: Plasma, Phaser, Proton, Psionic and Cold damage.
- Damage Resist Beta: Disruptor, Polaron, Physical, Radiation and Fire damage.
- Damage Resist Gamma: Antiproton, Tetryon, Kinetic, Electric and Toxic damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While an Endeavor assignment is account wide, the progress bar cannot be filled by a combined effort of multiple characters on the same account. Once the assignment is completed, the reward pack will be automatically given to the character that finished the task. However, any boxed rewards from Endeavors can be traded between characters on an account, should they wish to do so.
- If a player takes part in the Klingon Recruitment event and completes certain tasks for said character, they can earn up to +10% bonus XP for each Endeavor completed, either by the Recruit character or by all characters on an account, depending upon their current progress.
- Completing the first 10 Perk points worth of Endeavor XP on a Klingon Recruitment character is worth approximately 2x more Perk Points per year than the later rewards offer (5% and 10% account-wide bonuses). In theory, using a new Klingon Recruit every 17 days to complete Endeavors would net 40 more perk points per year than a regular character, and 20 more perk points per year than an account with the 10% Klingon Recruit bonus.
- Without any bonuses:
- Doing Universal Endeavors nets 1200 Endeavor XP per week (400 x 3).
- Doing daily Endeavors nets 11,850 Endeavor XP per day, or 82,950 per week.
- The maximum Endeavor XP per week is 84,150.
- The maximum Endeavor XP per 365-day year (52 weeks + 1 day) is 4,387,650.
- This equates to (without any bonuses and after rounding):
- 219 Perk Points per year.
- 4.2 Perk Points per week.
- 0.6 Perk Points per day.
- 1 extra perk point every 955 days from rounding.
- Earning all 600 Perk Points would take 999 days, or just under 2 years and 9 months, without any bonuses.