- You may be looking for the playable version of the Federation Science Vessel.
The Federation Science Vessel is a Starfleet vessel. Science vessels are not as hard-hitting as escorts or cruisers, but perform excellently in a support role. They have the strongest shields of any cruiser-level ship.
The appearance of the Federation Science Vessel depends on its level, though its armament and abilities remain the same.
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
- “Diplomatic Orders”: The U.S.S. Forrest helps fight off the Undine in the P'Jem System.
- “Project Nightingale” and “War Games”: The U.S.S. Nobel must be rescued in the Cirini Prime System. Later, she helps fight off the Undine in the Draylon System.
- “Kalferi System Patrol”: The U.S.S. Bale is attacked by the Nausicaans.
- “Task Force Hippocrates”: The Olympic-class U.S.S. Boyce has to be defended against Gorn aggressors.
- “Trapped”: The U.S.S. Griffin falls into a Hirogen trap.
- “Second Wave”: The U.S.S. Opaka, U.S.S. Fletcher, and U.S.S. Phinda come under attack from Kar'ukan's Jem'Hadar fleet.
- “Report to Gamma Orionis”: The U.S.S. Borland, U.S.S. Chapar, U.S.S. Carnegie, and U.S.S. Barrett are part of Battle Group Omega.
- “Terradome”: During the briefing, it is stated that the U.S.S. Intrepid disappeared near the NGC-4447 System a month prior.
- “Nequencia Alpha System Patrol”: The player has to help the crew of the U.S.S. Jamestown negotiate a complex bartering process in order to procure supplies for a nearby colony.
- “A Step Between Stars”: The player discovers the disabled U.S.S. Gold inside the Jenolan Dyson Sphere and helps her make critical repairs so she can return home.
- “Revelations”: The player responds to a distress signal sent from the U.S.S. Callisto in the Delta Quadrant.
- “All That Glitters”: The U.S.S. Blackwell investigates a mysterious Ocampan freighter in the Shenda System.
- "Beneath the Skin" The U.S.S. Hofmann assists in the defence of Andoria alongside the L.S.S. Reskava from House Mo'Kai forces.
Federation Science Vessels can spawn in any encounter involving one or more cruiser-level Federation ships. The class varies depending on the player's rank. The ships are named according to their class.
- “Line in the Sand”: Science Vessels help fight off the final wave of Borg ships in the outskirts of the Vega System.
- “Welcome to Earth Spacedock”: Science Vessels patrol the Sol System.
- “Empress Sela”: Federation Science Vessels establish a tachyon detection grid around Vulcan in preparation for a Romulan assault; the player must defend these ships in order to maintain the grid.
- “Empire Defense Against Federation Spies”: A Federation task force is hiding in the Kahless Expanse. Some of the starships are Science Vessels.
- “Punch Through the Federation Blockade”: Numerous Science Vessels try to hold the Yov'bot System against a Klingon attack force.
- “Skirmish”: Science Vessels battle the True Way Alliance and the Klingon Empire in the Donatu System.
- “The Doomsday Device”: A Starfleet task force is sent to engage the Planet Killer in the Imaga System.
- “Minefield”: A few Cruisers, Escorts, Science Vessels, and Frigates are incapacitated by a Romulan attack force in the Sierra Outpost II System.
- “Preemptive Strike”: Science Vessels are part of a Federation fleet fighting the Romulan Star Empire in the Rator System.
- “War Games”: A number of Science Vessels help drive off an Undine force in the Draylon System.
- “Facility 4028”: A number of Federation ships fight with the U.S.S. Belfast in the Ayala System.
- “Boldly They Rode”: A combined Starfleet/KDF fleet retakes Deep Space 9.
- “Fleet Alert” (KDF): Science Vessels are part of a Federation fleet raiding a Klingon starbase.
- “Fleet Transport Defense” (KDF): Science Vessels attack freighters trying to dock at a Klingon starbase.
- “Starbase Fleet Defense” (KDF): An armada of Starfleet ships attack a Klingon starbase, among them Science Vessels.
- “No Win Scenario” (KDF): In Combat Simulation 347, Science Vessels are among hundreds of Starfleet ships attacking a Civilian Transport.
- “We Need Breathing Room (Daily)”: Federation Science Vessel (Mob)s are among Federation forces KDF players may encounter during exploration missions.
Vessels of the Class
With the release of Season Six: Under Siege, three new Federation Science Vessel variants have been introduced. They have mostly the same weapons and abilities, plus one or more special abilities.
- Rhode Island-class Science Vessel (equipped with Photonic Displacement)
- Nebula-class Science Vessel (equipped with Tachyon Detection Grid)
- Intrepid-class Science Vessel (equipped with Ablative Generator)
- When the player uses the Fleet Support ability, a Federation Science Vessel is one of the ships that may arrive to assist them.
- Federation Science Vessel (playable version)
- Rhode Island-class Science Vessel
- Nebula-class Science Vessel
- Intrepid-class Science Vessel
- Federation Cruiser
- Federation Escort
- Terran Science Vessel (mirror counterpart)