First City is the capital of the Klingon homeworld of Qo'noS and first Klingon hub that players of the Klingon Empire will use. With Season Four: Crossfire, First City replaced the old The Great Hall of Qo'noS-map as major hub for Klingon players.
The city is divided into several sections. Each section holds various NPCs who serve different purposes such as mission givers and requisition vendors. There are mail stations spread out in each quadrant of the city.
- 1 Locations
- 2 Missions Involved
- 3 Further images
- 4 Note
- 5 External Links
- Memorial plaque
- Chancellor L'Rell (phased)
- Matriach J'Ula (phased)
- Chancellor J'mpok (phased)
- Councilmen Kriton, K'lek, Terrath, Woldan, Cha'lak and S'kopa, House of K'lek Political Aide, House of J'mpok Political Aide
- Vishka, Klingon Intelligence operative
- Deferi Ambassador
- Romulan Ambassador
- S'taass, who gives the mission “Glad Handing the Great Hall”
- Security Officer, Duty Officer Assignment Giver
- House of Kriston Political Aide, House of Skopa Political Aide, Yan-Isleth, House of Terrath Political Aide, House of Woldan Political Aide, House of Cha'lak Political Aide
- Q'on, Temporal Intelligence
At the northeast part of the barracks, you can enter the Warriors Hall.
- Lieutenant B'Emara, who gives the missions “Leading the Way” and “To Protect and Serve”
- Fleet Ambassador who can help players set up their own Fleet
- Commander Ragen, a former Skill Trainer
- Bridge Officer Trainer, who can help players teach their Bridge Officers new abilities
- Commander V'Qlar who is the go-to person for requisitioning Bridge Officers
- Marauder Kazzgur, who can reassign renegade officers
- Chief Medical Officer can treat personal injuries
- Sick Patient
This area contains a sparring ring similar to the Warriors Hall as well as a marketplace.
- Battle Master ensures fair arena fights
- Lieutenant Commander Kultan who serves as a mission giver for players
- Lieutenant B'Eta who gives missions to players through their careers
- Assignment Officer explains changing the difficulty settings
- Lieutenant Commander Mara who provides players with missions
- Commander Hugor, who provides information on tech upgrades
- Commander K'tarl, formerly a Dilithium equipment vendor
- Mayerteac, formerly a Dilithium equipment vendor
- Lieutenant B'Eora who sells personal equipment for energy credits
- Taluk is an Orion tailor who can assist players in customizing clothing
- Commodity Vendor Gren sells commodities
This room on the northwest contains a blood wine fountain and a balcony with singing Klingon captains.
- Mek the Disagreeable, who gives the mission “Surly Secrets”
- Bar Patron
- Targak, a Nausicaan ship captain who gives the mission “Tour the Galaxy”
- Mina, Nava, Dara are Orion women
This area is in the northwest of First City.
- S'kaa who can help players acquire personal weapons
- District Resident
The Forge, in the southwest, contains a targ breeding pit and Bat'leth forges. Towards the west are the slums. It was previously the KDF's equivalent of Memory Alpha, serving as a crafting hub. That activity is now wholly within the UI.
- Apprentice Weaponsmith
- Nakar, a Lethean weaponsmith, who gives the mission “Working the Crowd”
- First City Gate Guard
Explore the troubled and dangerous alleyways of First City.
- Garrad, an Orion who runs an establishment where he promises to have your every pleasure fulfilled and who gives the mission “Off the Beaten Path”
- Pleasure Seeker
- Slum Dweller
- Mojod, a Lethean
- Rema, a female Orion
- Companion, Rema's Orion dancing girl
This area in the southeast has banks and an exchange. It is also home to the courthouse and the prison complex.
- Judge Haj
- Courthouse Guard
- Nexa, a Ferengi, who gives the mission “Buying Friends”
- Pharm, a Ferengi
- Exchange Trader
- Prison complex (no longer accessible)
While not technically in the First City, the Shipyard forms part of the same map and can be accessed both from orbit and from the transporter pad in First City.
At the Shipyard section of the First City map, players can find various NPCs that can: requisition new consoles, weapons, components and equipment, acquire new starships and customize their existing starships. There is also a console that will allow players to view information on the types and configurations of Klingon vessels.
- Transporter Operator
- Captain Klaarg is the Ship Selection officer who helps players select their current starship
- Bekk D'Vidd who can help players customize their starships
- Chief Engineer handles ship repairs
- Bekk Strenn servers as Ship and Shuttle Requisitions
- Shuttle Information
- An unnamed Starship Exploration Equipment vendor originally sold ship equipment for dilithium
- Lieutenant Gurkan helps players requisition ship equipment for energy credits
- Gramash, who gives the mission “Friends in High Places”
- Ship Captain
- Shipyard Repair Crew
- “Leading the Way”: A guide to First City,
- “Duties of Command”: The player must find and speak to their former First Officer's par'Mach'kai in the First City Exchange.
- “The Hunt is On”: Drake has escaped and the player must track him down within First City.
- “Friend or Foe”: Worf and the player talk on Qo'noS
- “The House Always Wins”: Worf and the player talk in First City.
- “Destiny”: The Loresingers of First City and Worf fill the player in on the Fek'Ihri and the Sword of Kahless.
- “Bringing Down the House”: Players take part in the discommendation of the House of Torg for their actions against the House of Martok and the Empire.
- “Surface Tension”: In early 2410, J'mpok calls representatives from the Federation and the Romulan Republic to the Great Hall to discuss relations between the three powers after the other two factions helped save Qo'noS from destruction by the Undine. Although an Iconian appears and kills most of the High Council members, a new Klingon-Federation cease-fire is subsequently agreed on.
- “Brotherhood of the Sword”: Players must repel a Herald invasion.
- “The Centre Cannot Hold”: J'Ula speaks with the High Council and rallies other Klingons to her cause, resulting in a skirmish in the Great Hall.
- “A Day Long Remembered”: The final battle of Qo'noS takes place and the player, Martok, J'Ula and L'Rell fight ground troops making their way to the Great Hall. Aakar wounds Martok at the courtyard, forcing him to retreat and lures J'Ula into a duel to the death with J'mpok while he fights the player and L'Rell. With the help of Adet'pa, the player breaks through his personal shields and transporters, killing him just as J'Ula falls to J'mpok. However, J'Ula passes the Chancellorship to L'Rell instead, and a celebration event is held two weeks following the fall of J'mpok in the Great Hall.
Missions formerly involved
- “Journey to Qo'noS”: The player brings a prisoner to the prison in the First City. (the player now beams them from orbit)
- “First City”: An introduction to First City. (mission removed)
- Map prior to its rework over the Year of Klingon.
- Players who have completed “A Day Long Remembered” will see J'mpok phased out of the Great Hall, with J'Ula and L'Rell taking his place on stage instead.
- Following the death of Leonard Nimoy in February 2015, a plaque dedicated to the memory of all deceased cast and crew of the Star Trek franchise was erected near the entrance to the Great Hall, and black banners were displayed during a week of mourning from March 5 through 12.
- As part of Season Twenty: House Divided, the First City has had some minor environment, lighting and skybox improvements. In addition, the Great Hall map was changed in “The Centre Cannot Hold”, and its later launched on the social map in Season Twenty-two: House Reborn. More revamps were added such as the change of door designs, the Entrance Plaza design, the pool outside the Exchange, the Challenge Floor and further changes on lightings and environment. The shipyard received design and environment updates, most notably the transporter room, in Season Twenty-three: House United.