A silicon-based race first found on Janus VI, Hortas are difficult to detect with tricorders due to their unusual life signs and their hardened skin is resistant to phaser fire. They tunnel through solid stone by secreting a corrosive acid that can also be used as a weapon. Usually found in caves and underground caverns, Hortas feed on the rocks and minerals found in their natural habitat. Horta are sentient and have life cycles that extend for thousands of years. Most Hortas are orange.
Summons your Horta ally. The Horta has the ability to fight and will be able to use a basic attack that will apply acidic damage over time to its target.
- Targets Friend and Self
- 30.48 meter Range
- 0.25 sec activate
- 5 min recharge
- Creates a level X Horta for 60 sec
- This pet can be crafted by the duty officer assignment “Decrypt Mineralogy Research - Horta Training” given when the [Horta Mineralogy Research] is opened and using the following items:
- Horta were announced as a Player race as an April Fools' Day prank on April 1, 2016.
There are currently four additional Horta variants in the game.
- Horta Hatchling - a non-combat pet. (Orange)
- Polytrinic Acid Horta - a combat pet available through the Zen Store (Green)
- Eisilum Crystal Horta - a combat pet available through the Zen Store (Blue)
- Dilithium Horta - a non-combat pet. (purple) This was first seen in the 2 Year Anniversary Event.
|Creatures in Star Trek Online|
|Animals||Aehallh Worm • Armored hatham • Cocytan Beast • Desert Acari • Dewan arthropod • Driclae • Epohh • Fumarole Worm • Glikar'ma Ice Spider • Jackal Mastiff • Mook • Mugato • Nanov • Orithian Creeper • Orithian Saber Cat • Regalian Fleaspider • Rihan sailback • Risian Tropical Bird • Saur • Sehlat • Snow Possum • Talarian Hook Spider • Tardigrade • Targ • Vihranen • Vivver cat • Warrigul|
|Cosmozoans||Crystalline Entity • Farpoint Cnidarian • Gekli • Idran Swarmer|
|See also||Cosmozoan • Pet • Wildlife|
|Ground Devices & Inventory Items |
|Consumable R&D Adept Devices|| Lobi Store
|Assorted Combat Devices||PvP
|Consumable Combat Pets||Non-Consumable Combat Pets|
|Assorted Consumable Devices & Inventory Items||Non-Consumable Devices|
|See Also||Related: Device Expertise • Commodities • Consumables • Food • Inventory items • Lock Boxes • Risa Floaters • Risa Powerboards • Tribbles|