Hyper-Capacitor Shield Array
- (10% Bleedthrough)
Hyper-Capacitor Shield Array is a unique type of Ship Shield that has a higher Capacity and lower Regeneration than a Covariant base shield. It has a built-in "Capacitance Bleed" mode which, when toggled on, increases Energy Weapon Damage at the price of draining a small amount of the players current Shield Capacity with each weapon fire.
Obtained[edit | edit source]
The item is exclusively obtainable through the R&D Crafting System and requires Level 15 Shields School, specified R&D Components, and at least a R&D Shield Specialist Duty Officer that guarantees acquiring the version of the item. It is account bind on equip, and therefore can be sold on the exchange or traded in-game.
- R&D School level: 15
- Recommended Skill: 160
- R&D: Shields Duty Officer
- 4 Component - Particle Field Generator
- 4 Component - Focusing Lens
- 2 Component - Subprocessor Unit
- 2 Component - EPS Conduit
- 2 Component - Rerouting Lattice
- 2 Component - Plasma Compressor
- 4 Component - Emitter Array
- 3 Component - Signal Enhancement Module
Modifiers[edit | edit source]
modifier which is randomly generated from shield modifiers pool.
Hyper-Capacitor Shield Array will gain [Cp/Rg] modifier suffix which grants +10% Maximum Shield Capacity and +X Shield Regeneration.
Ability: Capacitance Bleed[edit | edit source]
While active, Capacitance Bleed will cause all of your outgoing Energy Damage to be increased by an amount that scales with your current Shield Capacity. However, each time an Energy Weapon is fired, it will drain a small amount of your current Shield Capacity to power this additional damage.
This ability cannot be activated unless currently have at least 20% total shield capacity, across all four shield facings. It will automatically shut off when your shield capacity reaches this lower threshold. If not shut off automatically due to low shield capacity, it can be turned off manually at any time, or will last a maximum of 30 seconds.
- (lasts 30 sec max)
- Targets Self
- 1 min 30 sec recharge
- Damage Bonus scales with current Shield
- Capacity % and caps at +40%
- Current Bonus =+0% All Energy Damage Bonus
- While active, cannot be affected by Shield Heals
- On firing any Energy Weapon, -142.4 damage to self Shields
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Hyper-Capacitor Shield Array was introduced to the Shields R&D School with September 3, 2015 patch update.