The Imperial Rift is a four piece space set. It was rewarded to characters that completed the Widening Gyre special event that ran from October 6 to November 8 2020 (PC). Additionally, completing the event unlocks the ability for any character on that account to freely reclaim a copy of the set from the Reclaim Rewards tab in the Event UI. Set consists of the following items:
- [Revolutionary Covariant Shield Array Mk XII]
- [Revolutionary Combat Impulse Engine Mk XII]
- [Revolutionary Deflector Array Mk XII]
- [Revolutionary Warp Core Mk XII] or [Revolutionary Singularity Core Mk XII]
- 1 Revolutionary Covariant Shield Array
- 2 Revolutionary Combat Impulse Engine
- 3 Revolutionary Deflector Array
- 4 Revolutionary Warp Core
- 5 Revolutionary Singularity Core
- 6 Set powers
- 7 Notes
- 8 Gallery
Revolutionary Covariant Shield Array
- (10% Bleedthrough)
Shield technology that can work in tandem with mycelial energy has been a difficult field of study, but the creators of this shield array have taken the novel approach of linking it with the starship's energy emission systems, including weaponry. By harmonizing with outgoing energy emissions, these shields can allow extra-dimensional energies to pass through largely unimpeded, while simultaneously causing a feedback loop that is automatically harnessed to further boost throughput.
Revolutionary Combat Impulse Engine
- (Combat Impulse Engines are faster than other engines while at low Engine Power. All Impulse Engines increase their speed and turn rate with your Engine Power Level)
- +__ Starship Weapon Specialization
- (Improves Critical Hit Chance with Weapons)
These impulse engines are built to be specially integrated with deflector and EPS subsystems throughout the starship, to serve as a conduit for bleeding off excess energy buildup generated by the creation of extra-dimensional emissions. They are capable of harnessing such energy and diverting it to other subsystems with incredible efficiency.
Revolutionary Deflector Array
- (Improves Stealth and Cloaking)
- +19 Starship Control Expertise
- (Improves Control Effects/Resistances to Same) for 20 sec
- +19 Starship Exotic Particle Generator
- (Improves Exotic Damage) for 20 sec
This specialized deflector technology was primarily designed as the focusing array device powered by mycelium spores, but also serves quite well as a highly-tuned deflector with incredible exotic particle capabilities. The field emitters and analysis subsequences needed to probably align the multi-dimensional emissions they were built to facilitate also handle most other forms of particle manipulation with incredible efficiency.
Revolutionary Warp Core
- (Improves Control Effects / Resistance to Same)
This power core is partially powered by the exotic energies released by a volatile containment of mycelial spores. Even though it was originally conceptualized as the power source of a devastating inter-dimensional weapon, this component may also be used fully autonomously to provide power for starships that utilize standard Matter-Antimatter reactions.
Revolutionary Singularity Core
- (Improves Control Effects / Resistance to Same)
This power core is partially powered by the exotic energies released by a volatile containment of mycelial spores. Even though it was originally conceptualized as the power source of a devastating inter-dimensional weapon, this component may also be used fully autonomously to provide power for starships that utilize singularity reactions.
For each item added after the first, an additional power is available.
Set 2: House Mo'Kai Science
- Increased Damage Resistance Rating vs. All Foes in Forward Arc
- Increased Turn Rate
- Increased Critical Severity with Exotic Damage Abilities
Set 3: We Do What We Must
- Passive (enables Active)
- Enables Weaponized Mycelium Emitter
- Massive Radiation Damage in Forward Arc
- Creates a Mycelial Rift which collapses after short duration to deal Kinetic Damage
Set 4: Because We Can
- Enhances Weaponized Mycelium Emitter
- Increased Damage
- Increased Duration of Rift
- rift may spawn allied Elachi Starships
- The 3- and 4-part set bonus names are lyrics from the song "Still Alive" from the videogame Portal by Valve Software.
- This set is the first to feature undocumented set bonuses. Firing the Weaponized Mycelium Emitter will make two dancing local friendly Elachi spawn on the next social map instances for a specific duration and has a chance of spawning two allied Elachi grunts that follow the player in the next ground combat instances. Because of this, it is the first space set to grant ground bonuses.
- The Elachi Grunts are equipped with an Elachi EV suit and a random crescent disruptor pistol. They will properly activate their EV suit when needed. On Nukara, the local friendly Elachis will however burn to death upon leaving the transporter platform.
- For some reasons, the local friendly Elachi can walk around but can neither run nor sprint and very little jumping capablities. If the player runs, the Elachi will wait fidgetting until the player stops or walks to then walk towards the player. This leads to a lot of occurrences of a pair of local friendly Elachi dancing alone near the various social maps access points, as the player to whom they're attached is either running nonstop or has ran to an unroutable area. After a while, they simply relocate behind their player.
- In the event the player is attacked in a social map while escorted by local friendly Elachi (such as during Academy Events or when encountering a temporally displaced foes off a), those Elachi apparently taunt foes and if defeated are replaced by Grunts.
- Additionally, using the Weaponized Mycelium Emitter has a chance of spawning a Klingon ship. As a Federation-aligned character, they'll accuse you of treachery and attacks you. For Klingon-aligned characters, a Klingon officer will accuse you of betrayal, states that he would inform J'mpok about it, and has a chance of spawning a Klingon enforcer ship which will attack you. Romulan captains are shunned by the enforcer, stating J'mpok should've never "trusted a Romulan". Similarly, the Rift Jumper Elachi vessels will sometimes address the player, either saying they hope this event will further diplomatic relations or fighting alongside the player is an honor.
|Equipment Sets |
|See also: Equipment • Set|