- For the playable ship, see Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit.
The Intrepid-class Science Vessel is an advanced science vessel used by Starfleet since the 2370s. They are equipped with Ablative Generators that vastly improve their survivability; however, they cannot fire energy weapons when using this ability.
This is the NPC version of the Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit.
Vessels of the class
U.S.S. Intrepid (default)
U.S.S. Sally Ride
- “Second Wave”: The U.S.S. Fletcher and U.S.S. Phinda are attacked by a rogue Dominion fleet at Deep Space 9.
- “Empire Defense Against Federation Spies”: A Federation task force is hiding in the Kahless Expanse. Some of the starships are Science Vessels.
- “Skirmish”: Intrepid Science Vessels battle the True Way Alliance and the Klingon Empire in the Donatu System.
- “The Doomsday Device”: A Starfleet task force is sent to engage the Planet Killer in the Imaga System.
- “Facility 4028”: A number of Federation ships fight with the U.S.S. Belfast in the Ayala System.
- “Boldly They Rode”: A combined Starfleet/KDF fleet retakes Deep Space 9.
- “Fleet Alert”: Intrepid Science Vessels are part of a Federation fleet raiding a Klingon starbase.
- “Fleet Transport Defense”: Intrepid Science Vessels attack freighters trying to dock at a Klingon starbase.
- “Starbase Fleet Defense”: An armada of Starfleet ships attack a Klingon starbase, among them Intrepid Science Vessels.
Missions formerly encountered
- “Preemptive Strike”: Science Vessels are part of a Federation fleet fighting the Romulan Star Empire in the Rator System.
- “War Games”: A number of Science Vessels help drive off an Undine force in the Draylon System.
- Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit (playable version)
- Federation Science Vessel (standard science vessel)