History[edit | edit source]
In 2256, during the Federation-Klingon War after the death of her brother, J'Ula ambushes a Starfleet vessel on a cadet training cruise by sending a false distress signal from the S.S. Fortuna. She kidnaps the vessel's Captain, Anton Schaefer, and kills him. The Starfleet vessel, commandeered by the cadets, along with the U.S.S. Sebrova then attack her flagship and she escapes.
J'Ula later follows a Starfleet vessel and instigates a jailbreak, allowing her to liberate Aakar out of Facility 2047 and return him to the front lines, after a brief confrontation with Captain Schaefer's crew. Her forces then destroy the Federation fleet led by Captain Lorca at Priors World, and sends them to hunt him (unknowingly switched with his Terran counterpart) and his stranded team on Priors 5D.
J'Ula leads an attack on the U.S.S. Glenn, beaming aboard to the vessel's engineering and steals classified data regarding the spore drive. She is driven off by the Glenn and her allies. She later participates in the attack on Starbase 1 and launches the mycelial weapon she stole from the Glenn, sending her forces and the Starfleet vessels into 2409. A year later in 2410, she emerges from hiding and launches an attack in the Andoria System, but is driven off by an Alliance captain and a Lukari research team led by Kuumaarke, leaving a mycelial rift behind.
In early 2411, J'Ula managed to use a little-known Klingon law to reinstate House Mo'Kai which allowed her to address the High Council. Coming from a time where the Klingon's had almost beaten the Federation (done so under the banner of "Remain Klingon") provided stark contrast to the peace being cemented between the two powers. In addition, a few years earlier House Mo'Kai had been wiped out by the House of B'vat. This added grievance to J'Ula's cause. She calls out Chancellor J'mpok's dishonorable deeds, rallying other Klingons to her cause. A skirmish ensues in the Great Hall and she leads attacks on various systems like Ceron and Qu'Vat, going into hiding after being driven off by an Alliance captain and their allies. Aakar betrays her on Khitomer after they were discovered by the Alliance captain and General Martok, giving J'mpok the mycelial weapon allowing him to attack Khitomer's chambers and kill numerous delegates. The Alliance captain and General Martok are forced to ally themselves with House Mo'Kai and go into hiding after being accused of the crime and labeled as enemies of the Empire by J'mpok.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Routine Maneuvers”: J'Ula's forces coerce Cyrano Jones into sending a false distress signal, allowing them to ambush the Tutorial Starship. She kidnaps Captain Anton Schaefer from the bridge, and kills him when he refuses to comply with her orders.
- “Trial by Fire”: The Lukara is driven off by the player and the U.S.S. Sebrova.
- “The Plausibility of the Possible”: J'Ula breaks Aakar out of Facility 2047.
- “Impossibility of Reason”: J'Ula's forces attempt to capture Captain Lorca and hunt his team on Priors 5D.
- “Secrets”: J'Ula leads an attack on the U.S.S. Glenn. She is able to escape with classified data regarding the spore drive from the vessel's engineering lab.
- “Downfall”: J'Ula is part of the attack on Starbase 1 and deploys a mycelial weapon during the battle, causing both her and the player to be transported to the 25th century.
- “Beneath the Skin”: J'Ula launches an attack against Kuumaarke and her research team in the Andoria System, she warps out of the system leaving a mycelial rift behind.
- “To Hell With Honor”: J’Ula and her forces began refitting their ships in the Beta Lankal System but they were assaulted by Alliance forces.
- “The Centre Cannot Hold”: J'Ula enters the Great Hall during her meeting with the Klingon High Council. She greets Martok, references Kagran and calls out J'mpok during her speech for his dishonorable deads. She rallies House Mo'Kai and Klingon Rebel forces in the battle against J'mpok, the player and other attendees after the meeting. Later, the player and their allies engage her flagship in the Ceron System and the Qu'Vat System.
- “The Khitomer Discord”: The player and Martok confront and fight J'Ula and Aakar at the lower levels of Khitomer, where Aakar retreats while J'Ula is captured. After J'Ula explains the situation and with the help of Adet'pa, they managed to get out of the lower levels where they defeat Klingon forces led by Ja'rod, who were sent by J'mpok. J'Ula later rescues the player from being killed by a mycelial wave launched by J'mpok, and aids in rescuing survivors while they head to the transporter room. In orbit, Captains Kagran, Va'Kel Shon and Koren warp in where J'mpok silences the player before they can explain and dishonorably accuses them of betraying the Alliance and joining House Mo'Kai. Refusing to stand down with the player, J'Ula aids in disabling the flagships and their forces as instructed by Martok, while arguing with J'mpok during the ensuing battle. At the end of the mission, she informs the player to lie low and wait for Adet'pa's signal to take action when the time its right.
- “Partisans”: The player, accompanied by Martok, Adet'pa and the crew of the Coldstar met up with J'Ula in the Gorath System where they first assist in engaging KDF forces in orbit before beaming down. On the surface, silencing Martok mocking the former stronghold of the House of Torg, she assists in the defense of Wilkins against Imperial forces while she hacks the various computer codes. They are then confronted by Aakar, where Aakar flees while his forces are defeated. J'Ula accepts Wilkins' offer to quicken the broadcasting process and they both beam aboard the Lukara. The player and their allies defend the Lukara from J'mpok's flagship, the Kri’stak, and his forces while Wilkins transmits the data. The evidence is broadcasted and J'Ula calls treason to J'mpok. Despite everyone in the system learning the truth of J'mpok's attack on Khitomer, J'Ula and Wilkins watch in disappointment, as the various Klingon Houses lost trust in the Empire and returned to their own homes. J'mpok dismisses the High Council and proclaims himself 'Emperor' of the Klingon Empire. Adet'pa informs the player at the end that the outcome has taken a toll on J'Ula, but with their names cleared, they are free to roam within the Empire.
- “Knowledge is Power”: The player, Martok and Adet'pa met up with J'Ula on Boreth, the latter three beaming down while the player remains overwatch in orbit. One of the monks, Tenavik, guides her throughout the trials she undertakes, including facing Molor, an honor duel with Kahless and overcoming obstacles in the Time Chamber, facing Aakar and the Sons of None along the way. Touching one of the time crystals, J'Ula experiences a vision where she is surrounded by dead bodies and the Empire destroyed, and another where she witnesses the Empire united through the birth of someone. Tenavik then brought them to the cloning chambers to resurrect Chancellor L'Rell, however her soul is in Gre'thor. In orbit following a battle, Aakar plants a virus on the Lukara destroying the ship, but the player managed to retrieve her crew.
- “Leap of Faith”: J'Ula, Adet'pa and Martok return to Boreth, this time with the player joining them to seek out the soul of L'Rell in Gre'thor to unite the Great Houses once more. While Adet'pa remains with Tenavik, the others lit an incense which took them into Koth, the void between Sto-vo-kor and Gre'thor. Here, they encounter Gowron who leads the team to the Barge of the Dead, where they ask the Barge crew, Kortar and the various souls about L'Rell during the journey and in Gre'thor itself. After defeating the souls of the Sons of None, they meet L'Rell herself and journey into Fek'lhr's lair, where they defeat Fek'lhr in exchange for L'Rell's soul. Gowron enters the lair offering his soul before J'Ula could finish offering hers, Fek'lhr eventually accepts J'Ula's new offer of Aakar's and J'mpok's souls, and the team escapes Gre'thor defeating more souls coming after them. They awake back on Boreth and witness the rebirth of L'Rell. The player, Martok and Adet'pa beam up to defend the system from the Fek'Ihri until L'Rell finally launches a new flagship and sends a galaxy-wide call. Klingon reinforcements warp in and they all defeat the Fek'lhri dreadnought and save Boreth, celebrating their victory in the end. L'Rell hands over the command of her flagship to J'Ula while she acclimates to the future.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "Fighting in a Burning House": Aboard the Lukara, J'Ula reflects on the death of her brother, T'Kuvma. She vows to use her position within the House Mo'Kai to gather the information needed to win the war against the Federation, and ensure that the other Great Houses are indebted to her and her House.
- "The Ascendant": J'Ula searches for remaining, hidden members of her house on Nimbus III.