- This is for the playable ship. You may be looking for the NPC freighter.
The Kobayashi Maru-class Freighter is a Tier 4 (Level 1) Freighter which may be flown by Starfleet characters, including Federation-aligned Romulan Republic and Dominion characters. The faction restrictions of this starship can be removed by having a level 65 KDF character or by purchasing the Cross Faction Flying unlock from the Zen Store.
Players can obtain this starship by claiming it from the Event Store after collecting 14 Progress Points in the No Win Scenarios Featured Event. The ship is currently unobtainable for those who missed the event, but may be added to Mudd's Market or the Phoenix Prize Pack in the future. As you level up, this ship gains additional hull, weapon slots, and console slots until Level 30.
Freighters and Transports are large vessels designed for trade and long range cargo hauling. Almost all space-faring races utilize Freighters, and designs created by Ferengi and Cardassian corporations have become standard throughout the quadrant. The Kobayashi Maru Freighter is Starfleet's most memorable freighter for managing Duty Officer Assignments, trade, cargo acquisition and transport, and other related commendation tasks.
Kobayashi Maru Freighters are not designed as combat vessels. They come with minimal armaments designed only to ward off pirates and other would-be threats.
The Kobayashi Maru Freighter has access to the Freighter interior, previously featured on the Tuffli Freighter. This interior has several onboard features shared only by the Suliban Cell Ship and Ferengi D'Kora Marauder. The ship's owner can access them by selecting "Visit Starship Bridge" on the dropdown menu, and once onboard, can share them with friends by sending Bridge Invitations.
- A Trader NPC (similar to the one at Deep Space Nine) that offers Trade Assignments.
- While the pool of possible assignments is the same, it is possible for the Freighter Trader and the DS9 Trader to offer a different selection of assignments at any particular time.
- A Quartermaster who sells commodities at Specialized Commodities Broker rates.
- Bank, Exchange and Mail terminals.
- A Select Ship interface, allowing the player to swap out the Freighter for a more combat-worthy vessel. Unlike the Select menu offered in a shuttle bridge or a starship's Transporter Room, the Tuffli offers access to any ship in the player's possession.
- As the shuttle bridge is always available to players that own at least one small craft, and its Select Ship menu can include the Tuffli, a player can effectively have access to the Freighter's features at any non-mission location. This has become moot with the release of the ship switching functionality in Season 8.5, however.
Sector Space abilities
- A discount to any Energy Credit Purchase while onboard your ship (for instance, from Sector Space Freighter Stores).
- Call Security Transport: This ability spawns a Cruiser that offers access to “Prisoner Transfer” and “Turn Over Confiscated Contraband” Assignments. Much like the Azura II and Vov'wI, any same-faction players in range can access the Transport's features. It will despawn five minutes after being summoned, and the ability has a default two-hour recharge time.
- Transwarp Drive with Exploration Cluster destinations pre-programmed. These include all Clusters except those specific to the opposing faction. Like many older Transwarp drives, the Freighter's Transwarp has a small chance to fail when traveling to Cluster destinations.) A failure causes no ill effects, though the ship does not move and the transwarp cooldown timer begins.
Starships come with standard equipment and weapons of the lowest mark available at the ship's minimum rank. The items provided are appropriate to the type of vessel and its related playing style.
This starship's equipment slots, base hull capacity and shield capacity scale as your level increases.
Equipment Slot Scaling
As you rank up every 10 levels, up to level 30, the ship's forward weapon slots, aft weapon slots, engineering console slots, science console slots and available bridge officer (boff) abilities will slowly increase toward Tier 4 capabilities:
This table shows how the ship's hull strength scales at each level. The base hull of all scaling starships is 10,000, which is then multiplied by the ship's hull modifier (1.092 for the Kobayashi Maru Freighter) for a value of 10920, and then multiplied by the scaling multiplier below at each level.
|Level||Multiplier||Hull HP||Level||Multiplier||Hull HP||Level||Multiplier||Hull HP|
|Tuffli Class Freighter||1||2||17500||1.167||0.7||2||1||✗||0||3||0||5||✗||✗||6||0.12||15|
|Suliban Cell Ship||1||2||10000||0.667||1||2||1||✗||0||1||2||5||✗||✗||16||0.17||50|
|Ferengi D'Kora Marauder||40||5||39000||1.3||1.15||4||4||✓||3||4||3||4||✗||8||0.15||40|
|Ferengi Nandi Warship||1||6||42090||1.22||1.05||4||4||✓||5||2||4||3||✗||12||0.18||45|
|Ferengi Nagus Marauder||1||6||46575||1.35||1.15||5||3||✓||4||4||3||4||✗||9||0.15||50|
|Ferengi Quark Marauder||1||6||44850||1.3||1.2||5||3||✓||3||4||4||4||✗||9||0.15||55||• 29,500|
|Amarie Smuggler's Heavy Escort||1||6||39675||1.15||1.35||5||2||✓||5||2||4||2||✗||15||0.2||50||• 29,500|
|Kobayashi Maru Freighter||1||4||27300||1.092||0.9||3||2||✗||1||3||2||3||✗||✗||15||0.16||40||14|
|+20 ALL per Any Ship (Not Small Craft)|
- The release blog states this ship has a hull modifier of 1.0, but testing has confirmed it to be 1.092.
Playable starships (All Factions)
|Unlocking Cross-Faction Flying will grant the player the ability to use any starship, from any faction.|
|Starfleet: (Complete & Detailed List)|
|Klingon Defense Force: (Complete & Detailed List)|
|DujHod Chariot • Kivra Shuttle • Rozhenko Timeship • To'Duj Fighter • Toron Shuttle|
|Romulan Republic: (Complete & Detailed List)|
|Commander's Gig • Tiercel Shuttle • Kestrel Runabout • Scorpion Fighter|
|Legend & Lists of Starships|
|See also||Ship requisitions officers • Fleet Ship Module • Starship Upgrade Requisition • Experimental Ship Upgrade Token • Cross Faction Flying Unlock|
|Starships by type: Small Craft • Freighter
|T6 Starships by equipment slots: Engineering consoles • Science consoles • Tactical consoles • Weapons • Hangar bays|
|T6 Starships by specialization seating: Command • Intel • Miracle Worker • Pilot • Temporal|