LeVar Burton was born on February 16, 1957. Burton made his acting debut in 1977 portraying Kunta Kinte in the drama series Roots, a role which gathered him an Emmy nomination as best actor in a drama series. From 1983 onward, Burton produced and hosted the children's program Reading Rainbow, which also garnered critical acclaim, including 26 Emmy Awards and a prestigious Peabody Award. From 1987 to 1994 Burton appeared as Geordi La Forge on Star Trek: The Next Generation, reprising the role in 1998 on Star Trek: Voyager. Burton also appeared in four Star Trek movies.
Following his tenure on Star Trek: The Next Generation, Burton made guest appearances in several television programs. He continued hosting and producing Reading Rainbow until 2006 and took up the program again through a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2014. He also became a prolific television director and is, to date, the former cast member who has directed the highest number of Star Trek episodes.
Star Trek Online
- “Mars, the Bringer of War” (as Geordi La Forge)
- “Diplomatic Orders” (as Geordi La Forge)
- “Hide and Seek” (as Geordi La Forge)
- “Stop the Signal” (as Geordi La Forge)
- “Temporal Ambassador” (as Geordi La Forge)
- “Beyond the Nexus” (as Geordi La Forge)
- “Melting Pot” (as Geordi La Forge)
- “Dranuur Gauntlet” (as Geordi La Forge)
- “Dranuur Beach Assault” (as Geordi La Forge)
- “Scylla and Charybdis” (as Geordi La Forge)
- “The Renegade's Regret” (as Geordi La Forge)
- The appearance of Burton's character in-game is largely based on his guest appearance in the 100th Voyager episode, "Timeless", where Captain La Forge appears in an alternate future, commanding the U.S.S. Challenger. Burton also directed the episode.