- The new Reputation: Nukara Strikeforce was made public, complete with its own rewards.
- New Level 20 Nimbus III adventure zone with 6-mission Wasteland story arc and 4 dailies.
- Players became able to customize and rearrange existing traits.
- Players became able to unlock additional traits for themselves and their crew.
- The UI was modified by allowing players to choose from colors for their HUD.
- Introduced new enemy faction: the Elachi.
- Introduced Suliban.
- Introduced Tal Shiar Lock Box.
- Warp core slot available for non-Romulan starships.
- The interior of Drozana Station underwent a major overhaul.
- Instead of having to play a Federation character to level 20 to unlock the creation of a Klingon Empire character, every faction, including the new Romulan Republic, became playable from the beginning of the game.
- Completely new tutorial for Klingon characters and new story content for levels 1-20.
Playable Romulan Faction
- A new playable faction, the Romulan Republic, became available to players with this expansion.
- The player can choose between Romulan and Reman playable species for this faction.
- Remans became available as either a C-store unlock, or an account-wide reward for achieving Tier 5 in the Romulan Reputation System.
- New Romulan player-hubs: New Romulus Command and Romulan Flotilla
- Romulan episode content including around 30 exclusively Romulan episodes.
- Around level 10, in the mission “Turning Point”, players have to ally with either the Federation or the Klingon Empire.
- This choice is permanent, and allows access to some of the ally's equipment and starships.
- Empress Sela and Colonel Hakeev return in the story, including voice-overs by Denise Crosby.
- In addition to their ally's Tier 1-4 ships, Romulan players will be able to fly iconic Romulan warbird class starships. These ships use **Singularity Core engines, and cannot equip standard Warp Core engines.
|Legacy of Romulus - New Starships|
||T'liss Light Warbird||Standard||8,000 or FREE*|
|T'varo Light Warbird||Refit||500|
||Dhelan Warbird||Standard||15,000 or FREE*|
||Mogai Heavy Warbird||Standard||40,000 or FREE*|
|Valdore Heavy Warbird||Refit||1,000|
||D'deridex Warbird Battle Cruiser||Standard||80,000 or FREE*|
|D'ridthau Warbird Battle Cruiser||Refit||1,500|
||Ha'apax Advanced Warbird||Standard||120,000 or FREE*|
|Ha'nom Guardian Warbird||Standard||120,000 or FREE*|
|Ha'feh Assault Warbird||Standard||120,000 or FREE*|
||T'varo Light Warbird Retrofit||Retrofit||2,000|
|Dhelan Warbird Retrofit||Retrofit||2,000|
|Mogai Heavy Warbird Retrofit||Retrofit||2,000|
|D'deridex Warbird Battle Cruiser Retrofit||Retrofit||2,000|
||Tiercel Shuttle||Shuttle||20,550 or FREE**|
*with Free Ship Token awarded up to Subadmiral
**obtainable through “Small Packages”