Masc P. Taggart (Borg designation, Borg One Zero One), is a Denobulan Starfleet Captain, and later a Liberated Borg. In 2409, Taggart is stationed on Earth, and commands the player's ship during their first training cruise.
- “Graduation Day”: In his office at Starfleet Academy, Captain Taggart orders players to take the advanced phaser training simulation in the Academy Holodeck. Afterwards, he makes the player his First Officer for the following training cruise.
- “Training Cruise”: While en route to Vulcan, Taggart and the player answer an automated distress call from the S.S. Break Even, only to be attacked and boarded by Borg forces. Although the attack is repelled, Taggart himself is abducted by Borg boarding parties.
- “Assimilation of the Innocent”: During the Borg invasion of Vega Colony, the player and their away team discovers that Captain Taggart has been assimilated. He stands in the player's way as they attempt to destroy the Borg transport inhibitor on the surface. With the inhibitor destroyed, the assimilated Taggart is subdued, then rescued and beamed to sickbay.
- “Welcome to Earth Spacedock”: Admiral Quinn informs the player that Captain Taggart has "been through hell", but that he is on the road to recovery. With the Captain out of commission, he permanently places Taggart's starship under the player's command.
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
- Starfleet Academy - Taggarts Office Door.png
The door to Taggart's office at Starfleet Academy
- Starfleet Academy - Taggarts Office 1.png
Taggart's office at Starfleet Academy (1)
- Starfleet Academy - Taggarts Office 2.png
Taggart's office at Starfleet Academy (2)
- Taggart was named Qat'Anmek, until the tutorial was remastered. He retains this name at the Captain's Table as one of the many NPCs who can be found there.
- Taggart may be named for the character Commander Peter Quincy Taggart from the Star Trek parody Galaxy Quest.
- Taggart hints that he served on the U.S.S. Enterprise-D or U.S.S. Enterprise-E under Captain Picard, as he seemingly picked up the captain's habit of calling his first officer "Number One".