- Not to be confused with the mission “Communications Breakdown”.
Now promoted to Lieutenant, the player accompanies the U.S.S. Chimera to investigate the loss of communications with the U.S.S. Khitomer. The loss of communications is found to be the result of the gamma radiation anomalies which the Khitomer is studying. The Chimera and the player's ship begin to assist, only for the three ships to be caught in the middle of a Borg incursion in which the Khitomer is severely damaged. While the Chimera remains behind to defend the damaged Khitomer and attempt to slow the Borg, the player's ship is sent ahead to warn their apparent destination: the Vega System...
- Investigate What Happened to the U.S.S. Khitomer
- Go To Pollux System
- Consult with your Bridge Officer
- Meet up with the U.S.S. Khitomer
- Talk to Captain Jay Yim of the U.S.S. Khitomer
- Data Collection
- Scan Point Alpha
- Scan Point Beta
- Respond to the Khitomer's Hail
- Scan Point Gamma
- Unexpected Guests
- Fend off Borg Attack
- Defend the U.S.S. Khitomer
- Use Full Impulse to Reach the Khitomer
- Data Recovery
- Hail the Khitomer
- Complete the Khitomer's Scans
- Continue Data Recovery
- Transmit Data to the U.S.S. Chimera
- Analyze the Data
- The Borg Assault
- Defeat Borg Assault Wave
- Defeat Second Borg Assault Wave
- Defeat Borg Sphere
- To Vega
- Hail the U.S.S. Chimera
- Hail Nog to Report
- There are no accolades specific to this mission.
- There is no walkthrough for this mission, yet. You can help STOWiki by writing it here.
- "Communication Breakdown" is part of the new Federation tutorial, released with Season Eight: The Sphere. The pre-existing lines of the Khitomer Emergency Medical Hologram voiced by Zachary Quinto have been mostly reused, although in a somewhat changed order.
- As part of the tutorial, this mission is acquired automatically and cannot be dropped or skipped. Completing and turning the mission in, will automatically add “Assimilation of the Innocent” to the player's mission journal.
- Beginning this mission the player is asked for the first time to exit into Sector Space. The exit location is near the newly added Pollux System in the Orion Sector. The also newly introduced S.S. Break Even parked nearby, is serving as first Mail and Bank access point for low-level players.
- As mission reward [T'Vrell] (Vulcan Female, Science) will join the player's bridge crew.
- Earning over 3000 Skill Points as mission reward, the player will be promoted to Lieutenant (Level 2). This includes the accolade Lieutenant Ability: Rank I and unlocks the first Space Ability Evasive Maneuvers.
- Prior to the release of Victory is Life in 2018, the roles of Captain Nog and U.S.S. Chimera was filled by the original Captain Vo'Lok and the U.S.S. Renown.