- Omega Marks
- Fleet Marks
Cure Applied is a Special Task Force ground mission requiring a team of five players.
It sees the story of the Borg invasion continue, as the player discovers their attempt to assimilate the Klingon Empire. For the space parts go to Mission: The Cure Found.
After failing to assimilate Starbase 82, the Borg set their sights on the Vorn System and on the Klingon Empire. The Klingon Defense Force dispatched the seventh fleet, led by the I.K.S. Kang, to retake the Vorn system from the Borg. Most of the seventh fleet was either destroyed or captured by the Borg in the initial engagement, leaving only the Kang behind by the time the player arrives. The remainder of the fleet is in the process of being assimilated, protected behind a shield being powered by a shield generator on the surface of the planet below. Captain Ja'rod of the Kang led a team to destroy the shield generator, but was captured. With time running out and the Klingons short of options, Commander T'doth asks the player's assistance in finding Captain Ja'rod and freeing the fleet.
On the planet's surface, the Borg have already begun assimilating the Klingon crew, with warriors held captive ready to be infected with the Borg nanovirus. The player finds evidence of infected drones that did not survive the assimilation process, suggesting that the Borg are attempting to adapt the nanovirus to Klingon physiology.
Despite the strong resistance in the drone infested valley, the shield generator is eventually destroyed and the player locates Captain Ja'rod. The Borg will not give up Ja'rod easily though, and the player is confronted by the culmination of the Borg's adaptation; the fearsome Armek of Borg. Armek meets the players' resistance with devastating force, and decrees that the Klingon empire will adapt to serve the collective.
After rescuing Captain Ja'rod and liberating the remnants of the seventh fleet the Klingons work together with the players to destroy the vessels that have already been assimilated, and to repel the Borg invasion of the Vorn system once and for all.
They're doing something big there, and Starfleet Command wants to know what it is.
Watch your back -- subspace chatter indicates that the Klingons have notice the Borg buildup in the Vorn system too. You don't want to end up fighting two enemies at once.Good luck, <rank>.
- The Cure
- Scan Control Pillar
- Lower Borg Shield
- Locate and Destroy Borg Shield Generator
- Bypass Shield Walls
- Locate Generator
- Search for Clues and Captives
- Free Klingon Captives (4)
- Get Genetic Samples (4)
- Eliminate Borg Threat
- Locate Armek
- Shut Down Generators
- Defeat Armek
- Depart System
- There is no walkthrough for this mission, yet. You can help STOWiki by writing it here.
- There are three shield walls that must be destroyed. These require teamwork to set up a series of four transformers to overload in succession. Worker drones will beam-in to deactivate them and are best repulsed using weapons with pushback.
- The Borg ground boss damages allies that are nearby when you are hit. At lower health, he can also create cover shields to prevent attacks from the same location.
- The I.K.S. Kang won't be destroyed by Borg ships in the space portions.