Admiral Quinn informs the player that the Vulcan Ambassador Sokketh has requested transportation from Vulcan to the monastery at P'Jem. The Admiral fears that the Klingons might use this opportunity to eliminate one of the Federation's most important diplomats, and orders that the Ambassador must be escorted.
Once at Vulcan the player is contacted by the Ambassador's aide, T'Pela, who requests that a shuttle be sent to collect the Ambassador as he prefers not to use a transporter. The player boards a shuttle and sets down on the surface where the Ambassador is in attendance at a Kal Rekk ritual. His aide states that Sokkath must meet with the abbot at the monastery at P'Jem, but High Priest Savin refuses his request to visit the planet. Savin states that the monastery is a sacred place and that Sokketh has not given him a reason for his journey there, though he agrees on the grounds that the player ensures to protect the sanctity of P'Jem.
Upon arriving at P'Jem the player's ship is confronted by a Klingon raiding party blockading the planet. They claim that an Undine agent has infiltrated the player's ship and request that Ambassador Sokketh be handed over immediately. The player defeats the raiders and disables the leading ship. The Klingon captain K'Tak hails the player and attempts to explain that Sokketh is not who he seems, but player remains unconvinced. K'Tak's ship cloaks and Klingon landing parties beam down to P'Jem to interfere with Sokketh's plans. An away team beams to P'Jem to repel the Klingon attackers and secure the monastery.
While on the surface, an urgent communication from T'Pela is received. She states that Ambassador Sokketh's remains have been found on Vulcan and that the Sokketh being escorted to P'Jem is an imposter; it turns out the Klingons were telling the truth! Sokketh realizes that he has been discovered and reveals himself as an Undine infiltrator, disclosing his plans to replace the abbot at P'Jem. When the Undine agent is overwhelmed by the away team it beams off the planet.
Upon returning to the ship, the player has to fight off an Undine bioship that was hidden in orbit. Starfleet dispatches reinforcements but informs the player that they must hold out until they arrive. The vessel is eventually destroyed and the data recovered is sent to Starfleet intelligence for study.
<rank>, we have a diplomatic mission for you.
An important Vulcan ambassador is travelling from his homeworld to the monastery at P'Jem. Capturing the ambassador would be a major coup for the Klingons or Orions, so we're assigning you make sure everything goes smoothly.
You are to escort Ambassador Sokketh to P'Jem.
Please meet him at Vulcan. Once you locate him, speak with him about the transport mission.
Do whatever is necessary to keep him safe.
You can find the ambassador at Vulcan, which is located in the Vulcan Sector of the Beta Quadrant.
- Locate Ambassador Sokketh
- Go To Vulcan System
- Board Shuttle
- Sacred Duty
- Land Shuttle
- Head to the Plateau of Contemplation
- Speak with T'Pela, Ambassador Sokketh's aide
- Speak with High Priest Savin
- Speak with Ambassador Sokketh
- Return to the Shuttle
- Board Shuttle
- Speak with Ambassador Sokketh
- Return to Bridge
- Diplomatic Envoy
- Go To P'Jem System
- Scan Energy Pattern
- Destroy the Klingon Ambush
- Speak to Klingons
- Consult With Bridge Officers
- Consult with Engineering Officer
- Consult with Tactical Officer
- Consult with Science Officer
- Confront Ambassador Sokketh
- Scan for the Klingons
- Beam Down to the Planet
- Disturbed Peace
- Go To P'Jem Surface
- Proceed Up the Hill Path
- Investigate Temporal Probe (Temporal Agent)
- Continue Up the Hill Path
- Reach the Abbey on the Hilltop
- Secure the Abbey
- Incoming Message
- Detain the Imposter
- Beam Back to Ship
- Evasive Action
- Go To P'Jem System
- Defeat the Frigate
- Hold out for Reinforcements 1:00
- Send Message to Undine Ship (Delta Recruits)
- Scan the Debris
- Depart System
- Hail Starfleet to Report
|Icon||Name||Description||How to Get||Points|
|Dreaded Dreadnought||Destroy the Undine Dreadnought||10|
- For a walkthrough of this mission, visit the Walkthrough page.
- [Personal Shield Mk <> [Dis]] [Lv 2–9]
- [Photon Torpedo Launcher Mk <> [Acc]] [Lv 2–9]
- You choose 1 of the following:
- This mission marks the player's first encounter with Species 8472, an alien race introduced in Star Trek: Voyager. By 2409, they are known to the factions of the Alpha Quadrant as the Undine (from the Latin word "unda" for "wave" which relates to the nature of the Undine's realm, the "fluidic space"). The last time U.S.S. Voyager encountered them, the crew managed to convince the Undine that Federation wasn't a threat and brokered a cease-fire.
- The player is asked to transport Ambassador Sokketh to P'Jem, site of a Vulcan monastery seen in Star Trek: Enterprise. In Enterprise, Andorians destroy the monastery after their suspicion that the Vulcans are using it to spy on them is confirmed. It would later be rebuilt in a joint project between Vulcans, Humans and Andorians (the three founding members of the Federation).
- One of Starfleet ships that arrive to assist the player is the U.S.S. Challenger, under the command of Geordi La Forge. This is a reference to an alternate timeline seen in VOY: "Timeless" where La Forge is the captain of the Challenger and attempts to stop Chakotay and Harry Kim from escaping with a stolen Delta Flyer.
- The U.S.S. Kirk, an Exeter-class cruiser that is part of the Starfleet battle group, is probably named after the legendary Starfleet Captain James T. Kirk.
- This mission was remastered on May 27, 2011 to include a new intro on Vulcan and several cut scenes. The P'Jem portion stays mostly the same, albeit with less (but scaling) enemies. In the original version of this mission, Sokketh was found in the State Room of Earth Spacedock. He remained there even after the mission was finished by the player and he was revealed as an Undine infiltrator (and presumably killed).
- The mission was also slightly revamped as part of the Season 8.5 update patch tied to the 4 Year Anniversary Event on January 30, 2014. The P'Jem portion has been shortened, and a Dahut Frigate takes the place of the original Undine Ship.
- This mission reveals the Undine threat to the player (and thus the Federation at large). An issue that has ignited the current Federation-Klingon war, and is further explored in in the Borg Advance arc.
- The events of this mission are referenced in “Mine Enemy” and “Surface Tension”. Occasionally an NPC on Earth Spacedock will comment on the incident as well.
- The original Tethys Bio-Dreadnought had the appearance of a Nicor Cruiser; presumably an error.
- There are 4 scannable anomalies in Space in the P'Jem System (scannable twice, before and after the Ground portion) and 2 on Ground.
- This mission was reworked for the launch of Season 15. The primary changes were the addition of a conversation with the Klingons about Sokketh being a potential infiltrator while in orbit, a new cutscene when Sokketh reveals his true nature, the removal of a few fights on the ground, as well as a rework of the space battle with the Klingons.