- Looking for a different mission? Try Mission: First Contact (disambiguation)
First Contact Day Re-Enactment is a PvE Queue where players are invited to visit to Bozeman, Montana to engage in the construction of their own replica Phoenix toy rockets. This mission is only available during First Contact Day.
- Captains who participate will search the area for useful parts, just like Cochrane scavenged the pieces for the Phoenix. Using these parts in conjunction with a basic hull assembly, captains will make their own model of the Phoenix by combining engines, hull, and stabilizer parts found in various bits and pieces scattered about the re-creation of the historical settlement.
- Under the shadow of Zefram Cochrane's statue, try to get the best parts possible, because the engines will make your model go faster, hull will allow it to survive longer, and stabilizers will keep it going at a better angle of launch.
- Once captains have had a few minutes to collect their parts, they'll return to their unfinished models and use leftover pieces to improve on the pieces they've assembled. After that, everyone will assemble at the missile silo to launch the models. Whoever's model reaches the highest altitude will be declared the winner of that launch and the honorary student of Cochrane.
- Briefing 1:22
- Collect Parts! 5:00
- Return to Your Workbench 0:30
- Adjust Parts 1:00
- Launch Models! 0:45
- There are three areas of the map for Engine, Hull and Stabilizer parts. Each area has 9 piles to collect parts from, noted with stars on the map to the right. The circled S represents your starting location, while the circled L is the model rocket launch pad.
- The Adjust Parts phase costs one Junk per adjustment, so gather as much junk as you can.
- Don't Alt-Tab out of the game, keep it in focus. Being out of focus during the briefing may prevent you from receiving a backpack, and being out of focus during the transition to the final launch may cause your rocket to instantly explode.
A few random events may occur multiple times during the event:
- Parts on your workbench will occasionally catch fire. You'll need to extinguish the flames before you can do place down any more parts. This can occur before collecting any parts, even during the briefing.
- After collecting a part pile, three Talarian Hook Spiders may crawl out and attack you. If you place the part on your bench, they will disappear without you having to kill them.
- After collecting a part pile, you may receive an electric shock that roots you for a moment.
After collecting a part from a pile, an extra part may be separated from the pile, which will reward a random part of a random quality. Placing your first collected part on the bench will cause this extra part to despawn.The extra parts mechanic is currently broken and rewards nothing useful. Collecting this part may trigger the other effects above as well.
And a few other random events may only occur once per event:
- Forest fires may appear in one or more locations, marked with orange circles on the map above, though not all are shown. Don't stand on them for obvious reasons. An NPC Ensign Engineering officer wearing a rebreather may spawn and head toward its location, and eventually put it out, or you may put it out yourself with a Fire Suppression Device.
- A large cache of parts may appear in one of three locations on the map. These piles look different from the others and display "Search for Useful Parts" to interact with them. They contain 6 pieces of junk. Their locations are shown on the map above as green stars with a dark circle background, while the locations themselves with their surroundings are shown to the right.
- The one in the Engine Parts area is behind a bush about 56 meters from the Cochrane statue, or 139 meters from the launch pad. The easiest way to get to this one is to look at the leftmost Engine pile from the perspective of the statue, as it is closest to that one.
- The one in the Hull Parts area is also behind a bush, about 86 meters from the statue, or 156 meters from the pad. The easiest way to get to this one is to walk straight toward the large building visible in the center of the Hull Parts area, then turn to look north.
- The one in the Stabilizer Parts area is among the large rocks about 79 meters from the statue, and about 62 meters from the pad. The easiest way to get to this one is to head down the Engine Parts path and take the first fork to the right, and just walk along the path until you see the large rocks.
|Annual events||Anniversary Event||First Contact Day||Lohlunat Festival||“Hearts and Minds”||Q's Winter Wonderland|
|Date||January - February||April||June - July||Halloween
Friday the 13th
|December - January (PC)|
March - April (Console)
|Reward||• Tier 6 starship||• various||• Tier 6 starship||• Duty officer||• Tier 6 starship|
|Notes||• Omega Stabilization||• Event mission||• Risa, Risian Vendor||• Sibak||• Q , Holiday Item Vendor|
|Old rotation||“Crystalline Cataclysm” • “Mirror Invasion”|
|Featured||“Battle at the Binary Stars” • “Pahvo Dissension” • “Peril Over Pahvo” • “Operation Riposte” • “To Hell With Honor” • “Best Served Cold” • “Breach” • “Arena of Sompek” • “Kobayashi Maru”|
|Name||Delta Recruitment • Temporal Agent Recruitment • Gamma Recruitment • Klingon Recruitment|
|See also: Calendar event, Special Event, April Fools' Day, old Event rewards, Weekend Event Store.|