|Timeline Change Imminent!|
This article contains information that no longer applies to the current version of Star Trek Online. This mission was removed on April 26, 2018 and replaced with “Romulan Imperial Minefield”.
- Green, blue or purple item
Halting the Gorn Advance (also known as Gorn Minefield) is a fleet action available for Federation players.
This mission is the Federation counterpart to the Klingon fleet action “Punch Through the Federation Blockade”.
We don't know much about the Gorn, <rank>, but we have learned a little about why they're so aggressive toward other races.
According to Gorn histories, thousands of years ago the Gorn Hegemony controlled hundreds of worlds. The Gorn believe all of those planets are still theirs to rule, and that anyone who has settled there since are interlopers.
Now that the Gorn have the backing of the Klingon Empire, they've become much more active in their efforts to eject, "invaders" from planets like these. There are Gorn ships besieging a planet in the Tostig System in Argelius Sector Space, and we would like you to deal with them.
- Freeing the Miners
- Rescue Ships from Mines (0/10)
- Repair Mining Facilities
- Repair mining facilities (0/3)
- Defeating the Dreadnought
- Dreadnought Defeated
- Recover Mineral Samples (0/4) (Daily)
- Commander Burgess
- Naga Fighter
- Vishap Frigate
- Tuatara Cruiser
- Phalanx Science Vessel
- Varanus Fleet Support Vessel
- Zilant Battleship
- Heavy Tractor Beam Turret
- I.K.S. Kal'Ruq
|Swept Up||1st Place in the Gorn Minefield Fleet Action||10||"Halting the Gorn Advance" floor trophy|
- There is no walkthrough for this mission, yet. You can help STOWiki by writing it here.
- The reward to choose one kit is bugged in the game. Do not believe the reward for the kit. This bug was reported currently to the GM's in the game, and they are aware of it. This bug appears to not give reward due to not being able to actually finish this mission. (As of February 14, 2013, this bug has been fixed. This has not been tested yet though. Source: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=819221)
- In November 2012, the objectives and map of this mission were adapted to reflect those of its Klingon counterpart “Punch Through the Federation Blockade”, thereby reducing the required time and players.
- This had the effect of breaking the "(daily)" wrapper mission, a bug which would not be corrected until February 2013.
- The voice clips from Commander Burgess are taken from his dialogue in cutscenes from “The Doomsday Device”.
- Until 2014, Chancellor J'mpok himself commanded the Kal'Ruq. Any reference to J'mpok being aboard the ship during its possible destruction has been removed in order to preserve continuity.
- Coming in first place results in the accolade Swept Up and the following floor trophy: