Mission: Overgrown Caves
In Overgrown Caves, the player helps some Romulan scientists locate a missing team member.
The player must accept (or replay) this mission in order to gain access to the Paehhos Caves, which is required in order to complete “Web Access”.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The player enters the Paehhos Caves and meets with the leader of the science team. He explains that one of his scientists went off to investigate mysterious occurrences and has not returned.
The player goes off to find the missing scientist, scanning Dewan artifacts as they go. They eventually find that the scientist is being held by forces of the Tholian Assembly, and rescues him. With the scientist back to safety, they press onward and eventually defeat the rest of the Tholians in the caves. At the end of the caves they discover a strange portal, which appears to be a trans-dimensional transporter constructed using knowledge obtained from the natural inter-spatial rifts of Nukara Prime.
Outline[edit | edit source]
Mission Text[edit | edit source]
We've recieved a message from a science team exploring a series of caves here in the Paehhos Crater area. They seem to be having some trouble and now one of the scientists is missing.
It may be nothing, but I'd feel better if we had a trained team check it out. Please find the science team leader in the overgrown caves. He should be able to tell you more.
Goal[edit | edit source]
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Explore the Overgrown Caves
- Explore the Caves
- Scan the Alien Artifacts (10/10)
- Locate the Missing Scientist
- Disrupt Tholian Operations
- Defeat the Tholian Captain
- Close the Tholian Portal
- Free the Trapped Scientist
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Allies[edit | edit source]
Romulan[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Creature[edit | edit source]
- Dewan arthropod
- Adult Dewan arthropod
Tholian[edit | edit source]
Accolades[edit | edit source]
- For a walkthrough of this mission, visit the Walkthrough page.
Map[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This mission was once only available to players who have completed Tier 3 of the Romulan Reputation System prior to the Agents of Yesterday Artifacts update.
- Overgrown Caves is a daily/repeatable mission, and has a 30 minutes cooldown. 20 hour cooldown for maximum rewards.
- Accolades: Only one Dewan monument will appear per mission randomly in one of eight possible locations (see map). To make collecting them easier, ensure the cave mission is set to 'Primary' and enter the caves. The 'Alien Artifacts' will be highlighted in the mission color on your map and any Dewan monuments will be highlighted in a basic color. If no highlighted monument appears on your map, then you have already collected that monument, so leave the caves and enter again. Repeat until a monument appears on your map.
- Tip: DO NOT exit the Cave when the mission is complete. Turn in the mission, pick up the next one "Web Access", Input the Tholian Codes and Submit the Recording. Then exit the Cave.
[edit | edit source]
|New Romulus Missions|
“New Romulus Aid” • “Staging Area” • “Warehouse” • “The Atlai” • “Vastam Peaks” • “Mountain Base” • “Paehhos Crater” • “Overgrown Caves” • “Hwael Ruins” • “The Power Source”
“New Romulus: Isha Forest Epohh Collection”
|Reputation System Missions|
“Hidden Camera” (Tier I) • “Secret Shuttle Codes” (Tier II) • “Web Access” (Tier III) • “Latest Findings” (Tier IV) • “Secrets of the Ancients” (Tier V)
|Duty Officer Assignments|
Epohh Collection: “Research Tagged Epohhs” • “Raise Epohh Pup” • “Raise Epohh Moppet” • “Raise Epohh Adult”