Players start the event by requesting a science cadet at the console near Professor Neal Meyer, but the cadet is not actually required during the event. Players then look for and run to floating hazy blue particles on the grounds and in the buildings and scan them. This can result in one of three random outcomes:
- The particle may simply collapse, awarding no particle fragments. There is nothing to do but move on to another active particle site.
- A combat simulation will be initiated. Players will need to defeat a holographic Klingon officer to earn 1 [Particle Fragment].
- The particle will be isolated. When this occurs, players have limited time to perform the following steps before the particle disappears:
- Scan the particle again to determine whether it is expanding or dissipating.
- Two more scan options then appear:
- For expanding particles, choose the Multiphasic Scan option.
- For dissipating particles, choose the Positron Imaging Scan option.
- If the correct type of scan was chosen, collect 2 [Particle Fragment].
You can collect these rewards from Professor Neal Meyer or from your science cadet in exchange for [Particle Fragment], which should be done as soon as possible after the event to prevent losing the opportunity. Players can obtain multiple rewards during a single event.
|[Dilithium Ore Container (480)]||15|
|[Dilithium Ore Container (1056)]||30|
|[Dilithium Ore Container (2304)]||60|