Arriving onboard with Elisa Floresand the other cadets, the player is told that Captain Taggart wants them on the bridge. As first officer, the player is given the task to take the ship out of spacedock and onto their destination. En route, the ship receives an automated distress call from the S.S. Break Even, and the ship takes a detour to assist. While investigating the distress call, they are ambushed and boarded by a Borg Sphere. The Borg are eventually repelled, but at the cost of Captain Taggart, who is abducted by the Borg.
- Talk to Elisa Flores
- Talk to the Duty Officer in the Shuttlebay
- Enter the Turbolift
- Go to the Bridge
- Talk to Captain Taggart
- Release Tractor Moorings
- Speak with Captain Taggart
- Sit in the First Officer's Chair
- Discuss the Situation with the Captain
- Speak With Captain Taggart
- Take Turbolift to Transporter Deck
- Get New Orders from Captain
- Unlock the Armory
- Open the Weapon Locker
- Get a Rifle from the Locker
- Equip Your Rifle
- Swap Weapons
- Answer Hail From Captain
- Secure the Hall
- Join the Security Cadets
- Borg Marauders
- Repel Borg Boarders (0%)
- Pick Up Item
- Go to the Transporter Room
- Secure the Transporter Room
- Defeat Borg Drones
- Treat the Transporter Cadet
- Talk to Transporter Cadet
- Beam to Engineering
- Defeat Borg Boarders
- Speak with Zarva
- Prepare Coolant Release
- Talk to Zarva
- Return to the Turbolift
- Head to the Bridge
- Defeat the Borg Boarders
- Tend to the Wounded Bridge Crew (0/2)
- Incoming Hail
- Sit in the Captain's Chair
- There are no accolades specific to this mission.
- There is no walkthrough for this mission, yet. You can help STOWiki by writing it here.
- Training Cruise is the second mission of the revamped Federation tutorial, released with Season Eight: The Sphere in 2013. It received further enhancements in 2022, with Season Twenty-six: Stormfall. These changes include but may not be limited to:
- Map improvements to improve its visual fidelity, incorporating 2410 Federation interiors as first used in Season Twenty-four: Reflections.
- Removal of Klingon ambush storyline, resulting in the deletion of Captain Kadek of the I.K.S. Chot. Instead, the tutorial is entirely Borg-focused.
- Upon arriving on the transporter deck, a portion of the corridor is already destroyed and sealed off. The original situation and associated cutscene, where a Klingon officer is exposed to the vacuum of space, has been removed.
- After healing Cadet R'raak, the player now requests a site-to-site transport directly to Engineering in order to stop the Borg advance.
- Removal of all career-specific dialogue and objectives. These objectives originally took players to different parts of the ship, but now they are routed only to Engineering, allowing for an early introduction of Zarva to the player during a tense situation. These objectives include:
- Breach the Door [TAC/ENG]
- Override the Door [SCI]
- [Tactical] Boost Ship's Weapon System (0/3) in the Torpedo Bay
- [Engineering] Reinforce Structural Integrity Field (0/3) in Engineering
- [Science] Reinforce Weakened Shields (0/3) in the Science Lab
- With the removal of Kadek and his ruse, Captain Taggart does not die. Instead, he is abducted by the Borg, who escape on the attacking Borg Sphere.
- Improved cutscenes and streamlined mission flow.
- As part of the tutorial, this mission is acquired automatically and cannot be dropped or skipped. On completion, the following mission “Field Promotions” will automatically start.
- Upon completion of the mission [Elisa Flores] joins the player's crew as a bridge officer.
- During the mission the player gets a [Phaser Sniper Rifle Mk I] as additional reward.