Mission: Vastam Peaks
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The player can complete this mission by doing any of the tasks outlined below. Once the progress meter reaches 100%, report back to Avran for your reward.
Outline[edit | edit source]
Mission text[edit | edit source]
Not everything about taming a new world is easy, <rank>. There are dangerous beasts up here in the peaks ... and some of them walk on two legs.
I need help from people as comfortable with a disruptor as they are with a tricorder. Are you up to the challenge?
Goal[edit | edit source]
You can complete this mission with a combination of any of the following tasks:
- Investigate Strange Devices
- Help Lost Citizens
- Repel Insects
- Collect and Turn In Geode, Crystal and Feldspar Samples to Romulan Geologists or Subcommander Avran.
If you need an Insect Repellant, take one from the crate next to Subcommander Avran.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Investigate Strange Devices, Help Lost Citizens, Repel Insects, Collect and Turn in Geological Samples (0%)
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Romulan[edit | edit source]
- Tal Shiar Operative
- Sublieutenant Medic
- Subcommander Engineer
- Centurion Medic
- Centurion Scientist
- Centurion Engineer
Creature[edit | edit source]
- There are no accolades specific to this mission.
- There is no walkthrough for this mission, yet. You can help STOWiki by writing it here.
Mission Progress Points[edit | edit source]
- Investigate Strange Device grants 0%
- Defeating the spawning Tal Shiar Operative grants 2%
- Maintain Security (Defeat Tal Shiar) grants 2% per Romulan, no matter of his rank
- Help Romulan Civilian grants 5%
- Repel Insects grants 3%
- Collect <Geological> Sample grants one of three samples:
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Without aquiring the mission, the player won't be able to collect Rock Samples. All spare Rock Samples (except Resonating Rocks) are removed from the inventory, when the mission is turned in.
- The Investigate Strange Device objective will spawn a Tal Shiar Operative that will attack the player. The device can't be triggered by players, who haven't aquired the mission.
- The Maintain Security objective is not explicitly mentioned in the Vastam Peaks section. However defeating Tal Shiar Forces grants 2% per Romulan; defeating Dewan Arthropods on the other hand, gives no points toward the mission goal, only helping the attacked Romulan Civilian does.
- Players passing through the section will be attacked by Tal Shiar and Dewan Arthropods, no matter if they have aquired the mission, or not.
- [Glowing Plant]s, [Resonating Rock]s and [Radiation Report]s (mini-game) can be found in this section, but they do not count towards the mission goal. However, the present Romulan Rock Analyst will exchange 10 Resonating Rocks for 1 Romulan Mark.
|New Romulus Missions|
“New Romulus Aid” • “Staging Area” • “Warehouse” • “The Atlai” • “Vastam Peaks” • “Mountain Base” • “Paehhos Crater” • “Overgrown Caves” • “Hwael Ruins” • “The Power Source”
“New Romulus: Isha Forest Epohh Collection”
|Reputation System Missions|
“Hidden Camera” (Tier I) • “Secret Shuttle Codes” (Tier II) • “Web Access” (Tier III) • “Latest Findings” (Tier IV) • “Secrets of the Ancients” (Tier V)
|Duty Officer Assignments|
Epohh Collection: “Research Tagged Epohhs” • “Raise Epohh Pup” • “Raise Epohh Moppet” • “Raise Epohh Adult”