Nimbus III (or "The Planet of Galactic Peace") is the third planet in the Nimbus System located in the Hobus Sector. Although its capital Paradise City is open for people of any allegiance, Hassan the Undying and his Orion Syndicate control most of the planet.
- 1 System description
- 2 Missions on Nimbus III
- 3 Locations
- 4 Accolades
- 5 Other involvement
- 6 Notes
- 7 External links
The cleanup effort was a failure, and the population rebelled constantly against anyone they saw as "authority". The last Starfleet officers were evacuated in 2318. Since then the planet has been a haven for criminal operations and unchecked violence.
Despite or perhaps because of its distance from the major powers after the destruction of Romulus, Nimbus III has a diverse population of many different species, including Andorian, B'abynii, Bolian, Breen, Caitian, Daxxtarian, Easathir, Ferasan, Ferengi, Gorn, Hirogen, Human, Klingon, Lethean, Liberated Borg, Nausicaan, Orion, Pakled, Reman, Romulan and many others. The inhabitants of Nimbus III are collectively referred to as Nimbosians.
Missions on Nimbus III
"Wasteland" storyline missions
- “Secrets of Nimbus”
- “The Lost City of Paradise”
- “Blind Men Tell All Tales”
- “The Undying”
- “A Fistful of Gorn”
- “Installation 18”
- “Orion Syndicate Showdown”: Occurs outside the gates of Paradise City.
- “Legendary Desert Beasts”: Occurs in the Nimbus Desert.
- “Death From Below”: Occurs in the Ancient Ruins.
- “Orion's Path”: Occurs in the Stronghold Approach.
- “Prison Woes”: Occurs in the prison near the Stronghold.
- “Too Close to Home”: Occurs at the top of the Stronghold Approach.
- “The Last Stand in Gorn Canyon”: Occurs in the Gorn Canyon.
- “Secrets of the Tal Shiar”: Occurs at the Satellite Tower.
"Klingon Civil War" storyline missions
Paradise City, such as it is, is the capital and only main settlement of the planet Nimbus III. Established in 2267, Paradise City housed the representatives of the three governments in control of Nimbus III, the United Federation of Planets, the Romulan Star Empire and Klingon Empire.
After the collapse of Diplomatic negotiations and failure of the subsequent clean up efforts, control was lost to the populace, who were mostly undesirables and outcasts.
All missions for Nimbus III are obtained in locations inside the settlement, mostly the bar immediately in front of the main (and only) gate.
- Horace Jones
- Two of Eight
- Yamlon Nuk
- Dance Coordinator
- GPL Conversion Unit
- Decrepit Transporter
Extending east of Paradise City, the desert is home to dangerous wildlife.
Located to the Northeast of Paradise City, the remains of a crashed starship serve as the approach to the stronghold of the Orion Syndicate. Hassan the Undying's stronghold, Shangdu, is located here, as is an outdoor prison used by the Syndicate.
Located South of Paradise City, the canyon is under the control of a pack of Gorn separatists. They control the passage to the satellite installation.
Located to the far Southeast, this is the location of Installation 18, a secret Tal Shiar facility.
The facility is only accessible during “Installation 18”.
A number of accolades can be obtained on Nimbus III:
- General Accolades - Nimbus III
- Exploration Accolades - Nimbus III
- Kill Accolades - Nimbus III
- Nimbus Accolade
- "Tale of the Witch": General Rodek and his wife, B'irja, travel to Nimbus III in search of Adet'pa, a Klingon woman known locally as a "witch," who allegedly knows the truth about what happened during the duel between J'mpok and Martok in 2393.
- "The Ascendant": J'Ula goes to Nimbus III in search of members of her fallen house, finding Adet'pa.
- Nimbus III was the fourth adventure zone added to Star Trek Online. Unlike the others, it is specifically designed for use by level 20-30 players. Players higher than this entering the zone will be scaled down accordingly.
- Nimbus III was featured in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.
|Details||Orion Syndicate • Orion • Ter'jas Mor • Nimbus III • Lilitu System|
|Ground Forces||Thug • Vixen • Brute • Enforcer • Matron|
|Starships||Interceptor • Orion Corvette • Corsair Flight-Deck Cruiser (Mob) • Brigand Cruiser • Marauder Battleship • Slavemaster Battleship • Warbarge Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Melani D'ian • Hassan the Undying • Onna • Thira • Thiral • Veddu|
|NPC starships||O.S.S. Coldstar • Dremken • Kolari • Manara • Selenn • Ureon • Weakened Battleship|