- For the playable version, see Utility Cruiser.
Despite being the smallest vessel in the fleet, the Pioneer-class Frigate is able to hold its ground against the largest and most threatening enemy vessels, including the D9 Battleship. Designed for utility, vessels of this class often undertake missions normally assigned to larger vessels. However, the extent of these missions is often limited by their size and small crew complements.
|Level||Normal Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
|60||134 218||295 280||1 052 943|
Vessels of the class
- NCC-1500, U.S.S. Pioneer
- NCC-1501, U.S.S. Myrmidon
- U.S.S. Demeter
- “I Sing of Arms”: A Pioneer-class starship, under the command of Captain Isaac Garrett, is sent to Taurus II to investigate the disappearance of several vessels in the sector.
- “Bull by the Horns”: Player returns to the Tutorial Starship after escaping Taurus II.
- “Dislodging Klingons”: Klingon troops try to take control of the Tutorial Starship. Player is tasked with retaking the Engineering Deck.
- “The Taurean Affair”: A Pioneer-class starship, with assistance from the U.S.S. Enterprise, engages a Klingon Flagship in the orbit of Taurus II.
- “Painful Omens”: Their crews infected by the Denevan Neural Parasite released by the Na'kuhl, U.S.S. Myrmidon and another Pioneer-class Frigate attack the player's ship. Player is forced to disable them before beaming over to Deep Space K-13.
- “The Battle of Caleb IV”: Several Pioneer-class Frigates take part in the battle over Caleb IV.