The Borg Probe fills the role of a frigate in the Borg Collective. It is more heavily armored and equipped than comparable vessels from other factions, however it does not appear to have any abilities. The ship is roughly equivalent to a Federation Frigate or Klingon Bird-of-Prey.
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
- “The Price of Liberty”: The player fights through a number of these ships in orbit of Vega IX.
- “Empire Defense Against Borg Invasion”: Numerous probes can be found inside the T'Kanis Nebula.
- Borg Invasion: Several probes spawn from the Unimatrix 0047 Command Ship and help defend it.
- “Assimilation”: The player engages several probes at the beginning of the mission.
- “State of Q”: Borg probes are among the various Borg ships manifested by Q for the player to battle to amuse him.
- “Fleet Alert”: Probes are among the Borg fleet attacking Fleet Starbases.
- “Infected: The Conduit”: Specialized "Nanite Probes" arrive to try to repair damage done by the players to a transwarp gateway in the Sibiran System.
- “Khitomer Vortex”: Probes attempt to enter the Borg temporal vortex in the Quadra Sigma System in order to travel to the past to alter the timeline.
- Ker'rat System: Numerous probes patrol the Borg repair facility.
- “Friends in Unlikely Places”: The player attempts to liberate Probes and other Borg vessels from the collective in the Jarleth System.
- “Takedown”: Several Probes operated by The Cooperative take part in the battle for the Vaadwaur homeworld.
- “Butterfly”: In an alternate timeline created by the use of the Krenim temporal weapon, the player engages numerous Probes and other Borg vessels in a fully assimilated Romulus System; the Borg vessels ambushing the player using Romulan cloaking technology.
- Probes are part of Borg forces engaged in Deep Space Encounters in the Beta and Delta Quadrants.
- The original model of the Probe was different from the one seen in canon. No reason is given by Cryptic Studios about why the developers choose to re-imagine the ship. For the Borg invasion event, the ship was given its canon appearance and the new design was given to the Tractor Probe and Regeneration Probe.
The original launch-era design for Borg Probes, seen in the original Federation Tutorial (2010)
- The Borg version of Boarding Party uses transporters rather than shuttles.