Bridge officers available to all factions.
The Remans are a humanoid race originating from the planet Remus in the Romulus System, but eventually left that planet to settle on Crateris. While some remain subjects of the Romulan Star Empire, large numbers of Remans have banded together to form a separate faction - the Reman Resistance, which is based in the Vault and has since allied itself with the Romulan Republic on New Romulus.
Physical appearance[edit | edit source]
The Remans are humanoids with a colorless, almost translucent skin. This is mostly due to the fact that they could only live on the permanently dark side of their original home world Remus. Some Remans possess telepathic powers that can be used offensively.
Culture[edit | edit source]
Little is known about the Reman culture. As a result from living under strict Romulan rule for so long, they are very skilled in mining and warfare.
History[edit | edit source]
- Main article: History of the Romulan and Reman peoples
Slave Caste[edit | edit source]
- The Remans were a slave and labor force of the Romulan Star Empire since at least the 22nd century.
- Reman troops were used as assault forces - and cannon fodder - during the Dominion War of the 2370s.
Shinzon's Coup[edit | edit source]
- In 2379, the Remans - led by Shinzon, a clone of Jean-Luc Picard; and backed by several Romulans, including Senator Tal'aura and Commander Donatra - launched a coup, overthrowing the Romulan Senate. Their victory was largely due to their use of thalaron weapons. Following the coup, Shinzon attempted to exterminate all life on Earth using a Cascading Biogenic Pulse weapon on his flagship, the I.R.W. Scimitar. He was defeated in the Battle of the Bassen Rift by the U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701-E), the Romulan warbird I.R.W. Valdore (commanded by Donatra, who had changed her mind about supporting Shinzon), and another Mogai Escort. (Star Trek: Nemesis)
Post-Shinzon[edit | edit source]
- Following Shinzon's death, the Remans demanded a world where they could live independent of the Empire. Tal'aura - now a Praetor - refused, and blockaded Remus instead. This resulted in several skirmishes in orbit, none of which were consequential.
- In 2381, General Xiomek of the Reman Kepeszuk Battalion allied with Spock's Unification movement on Romulus, seeing them as yet another population exploited by the Romulans. Unlike the Unification movement, however, the Remans wished to win their freedom through a military solution rather than nonviolence.
- In 2382, the Remans petitioned for representation in the Romulan Senate, but Tal'aura ignored the request.
- In 2384, Sela blamed the Remans for the murder of Tal'aura: "The blood of one praetor was not enough for the Remans. Tal'aura was the victim of their thirst for destruction."
- In 2385, Donatra met with Xiomek on Remus. She offered the Remans full citizenship in the empire and representation in the Romulan Senate in exchange for their support. The Remans accepted, adding to Donatra's formidable military strength and giving her the resources to reopen shipyards and munitions plants closed since Shinzon's revolt.
- In 2386, it was found that Remus could no longer be mined without risking a Praxis-like disaster. The Romulans, rejecting Xiomek's request for a continent on Romulus, instead offered Crateris to the Remans to be their new homeworld, which the Remans accepted.
- In 2387, Xiomek invited Donatra to see the new colony on Crateris. During her return, the Hobus star went supernova and destroyed the Romulus System. Donatra, Xiomek, and the Valdore were all reported missing in the aftermath.
Reman Resistance[edit | edit source]
- In early 2409, Crateris and other Reman-inhabited colonies, e.g., Delta Corvi, are attacked and destroyed by the Tal Shiar and their Elachi allies. Many Remans are able to flee and band together under Guard Captain Obisek to establish a resistance base on Dera IV. After the base is attacked and destroyed by the Tal Shiar, Obisek and his followers claim the Vault in the Haakona System in order to start a full-on resistance movement against Empress Sela's Romulan Star Empire and the Tal Shiar in particular.
- Following the defeat of the head of the Tal Shiar, Hakeev, as well as the disappearance of Empress Sela, the Remans join D'Tan's Unificationists on New Romulus to build a new Romulan Republic together.
- As of early 2410, Obisek and his Reman Resistance continue to support the establishment of New Romulus as a capital for the Romulan Republic. Meanwhile they also have successfully defended the Vault against Tholian attackers and additionally claimed Vauthil Station for the Republic.
Traits[edit | edit source]
- Species trait: Remans were used as Romulan shock troops and miners in the dangerous dilithium mines of Remus. Because Remans lived on the dark side of their tidally locked planet, they are extremely sensitive to light. Many Remans exhibit telepathic abilities, able not only to read thoughts but also sometimes sooth or inflict pain.
- On Ground:
- +20 Perception
- +1.5% Expose Chance
- +1 sec Expose Duration
- +10% Exploit Damage
- +25% Resistance to Flanking damage
- On Ground:
- +5 Resistance Rating vs Energy, Physical
- On Ground:
Politics[edit | edit source]
Leader[edit | edit source]
Military[edit | edit source]
Starships[edit | edit source]
Ground Forces[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Duty officers[edit | edit source]
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Crossroads at Crateris”: The Reman colony on Crateris is invaded by the Tal Shiar and Elachi.
- “Cloak and Dagger”: Undercover Romulan Republic players attempt to sabotage another Tal Shiar/Elachi invasion of a Reman colony on Delta Corvi.
- “Taris”: It is discovered that the renegade Remans are acting under orders from Taris - missing since 2403 - out of the Iconia System.
- “The Undying”: In the confusion of Hassan the Undying's attack, a Reman ship escapes Nimbus III with Thalaron weapon triggers.
- “The Vault”: The Reman presence in The Vault is investigated.
- “Mine Enemy”: A Romulan mining world is investigated to shed light on why the Remans targeting it.
- “Frozen”: A hidden Reman base is discovered.
- “Coliseum”: Slamek aid's the players escape from captivity.
- “Cutting the Cord”: Obisek's forces help take down Hakeev and the Tal Shiar
- “Darkness Before the Dawn”: Epilogue with Obisek
- “New Romulus Aid”: Obisek and D'Tan talk on New Romulus.
- “The Measure of Morality (Part 1)”: The Reman Resistance appear within a simulacrum recreation of the events of “Cutting the Cord”.
- “Partisans”: Several Remans are present at the bar in Shangdu on Nimbus III and aid in the battle against J'mpok's and Madran's forces with the player, Martok and Adet'pa.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Remans were originally a non-playable race, but became a playable species with the Legacy of Romulus expansion (which also added female Remans to the game). They can be acquired via the Zen Store or for free by achieving tier V of the Romulan Reputation System.
[edit | edit source]
Romulan Star Empire (25th century)
|Details||Romulan Star Empire (25th century) • Romulan • Reman • Hirogen • Rator III • Gasko Station • Tal Shiar • Romulan History|
|Ground Forces||Romulan Analyst • Technician • Recruit (Romulan) • Uhlan • Sublieutenant Medic • Centurion • Centurion Engineer • Centurion Medic • Centurion Scientist • Subcommander • Subcommander Engineer • Subcommander Scientist • Commander • Romulan Captain|
|Starships||Romulan Shuttle • Scorpion Fighter • T'varo Light Warbird • Mogai Heavy Warbird • D'deridex Battlecruiser • Scimitar Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Arranhu • Charva • Hakeev • Janek • Khaiel N'Vek • Khiana • Ruul • Sela • Taris • Tarsen|
|NPC starships||I.R.W. Aethra • I.R.W. Areinnye • I.R.W. Esemar • I.R.W. Falcata • I.R.W. Khnial • I.R.W. Leahval • I.R.W. Rea • Sela's Armed Freighter • I.R.W. Sithesh|
|Details||Reman Resistance • Reman • The Vault • Crateris • Remus • New Romulus • Vauthil Station • Reman History|
|Ground Forces||Guard • Shadow Guard • Guard Elite • Shadow Guard Elite • Guard Commander • Shadow Guard Commander • Guard Captain|
|Starships||Scorpion Fighter • T'varo Light Warbird • Dhelan Warbird • Mogai Heavy Warbird • D'deridex Battlecruiser • Haakona Advanced Warbird • Scimitar Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Khiy • Obisek • Rashna • Slamek • Vrimek • Xionel • Zden|
|NPC starships||I.R.W. Decimus • R.R.W. Llaisnen • Reman Scout • Rerik • Zdenia|