Click the "+" button above to add your own suggestion, or "Edit" to reply to someone else's suggestion.
- 1 Ship Classes?
- 2 Currency
- 3 STO - "to explore strange new worlds, and boldly go where no man has gone before..."
- 4 Item Finder Feature
- 5 Ahnya-Maahlia
- 6 Create The Future of STO
- 7 Battleships
- 8 Starship Equipment vs. Starship Components
- 9 K'Tanco Battle Cruiser
- 10 Item icon screenshot
- 11 Fleet pages on wiki
- 12 Item aquired by ________
- 13 I want to buy ships, stations, planetside bases, and even moons. In other words, be a "Federengi."
- 14 I want to take prisoners!
- 15 I want to design my ship in any shape I want
- 16 In-game browsers, please!
- 17 Changing the ranking system and what it allows you to do!
- 18 17 Accolades and how to achieve them
Hey guys, I'm new here (Second Day after signing up onto STO Wiki), and I think you guys are doing a great job, I was wondering what some of the specs and information of the other race's ships in STO. And to add to other races like the half-finished Romulan section. I will be willing to assist if necessary, but my time and resources are sometimes limited, so don't blame me for trying. Anyway... I think that there are some other things that should be added. But I ask that you don't have to do it right away, just relax and take your time.
Classes to Add:
- Terran Empire (i would assume federation design, just different weapons, and the hull is painted darker)
- Romulan Star Empire
- Some of the individual race's Stations and facilities
Also, near Earth Spacedock i've seen that there is a large vessel called "Typhoon Class Battleship". Maybe its a class for a future release. And the Terran Jupiter Dreadnought has also been seen in Starfleet. Such as the USS Victory near Battle Group Omega in the Cestus Sector. I guess that might probably be a future or limited release for lifetime or something...
Well, I will try my best, and remember these are just suggestions not demands Good Luck, and Take Care Admins.
- Thank you for your suggestion! It's been discussed before among all of us, but I've added it to our official to-do list for the wiki. Any help you could provide would be great. Collaboration makes any wiki great! –TerranRich (ETC) @ 01:15, 14 April 2010 (UTC)
I'm not sure if it has been discussed before, but I would love to see something like a Carrier class complete with several fighter and bomber groups. Being able to set "patrol" areas for the fighters as well as being able to target specific ships. mbc58
I would like to say thank you so much all for the pages that have been created to far. I have been playing the game since day 2 of open beta, and still consider myself a noob. That being said I think that a page of where you can spend the different currencies and maybe even where you may find/earn them. For example the PVP commendations and exploration merits.
I can honestly say that I am not sure where to spend them or what areas give what. Just a thought. Sleepykor 00:14, 31 March 2010 (UTC)
- Have you taken a look at the Currency page, or the Currency category? The page on each type of currency should have information on how to earn them, where to spend them, etc. We do plan on expanding these, however, once all the vendor articles and station/hub articles (which list the vendors on board each one) are finished. Thanks for your suggestion! –TerranRich (ETC) @ 01:17, 14 April 2010 (UTC)
STO - "to explore strange new worlds, and boldly go where no man has gone before..."
STO is quiet an achievment in what it has achieved, but it also has certain flaws. I have been playing it for a long time now and the responses I have witnessed by players can be summarised as such:
1.) PvE content is unchallening, with little in terms of real story line. To beam down to a planet just to destroy 5 crates is a bit insulting. PvE should be engaging, sub-plots within a main theme-based plot that mirrors the real series. 2.) Certain maps are nearly impossible to play single-handedly. I understand the importance of teaming, but when one is playing the Klingon faction, you are limited to repeditive gameplay most of the time. The lifespan of the player interest in the game can never to ensured this way. Players will simply move away from the game. 3.) The queuing system is flawed. Players are often guarenteed to be outgunned. 4.) The queuing system caters for repeditive maps, where players always end up playing the same maps. Some maps never ever have players queued. Whats the point. Player rewards for highest scores should be worked on. Why not include some form of recognition system. 5.) Exploration for Klingons is non-existant at best. 6.) Whats the real point of having a bridge? Most time I have invited players onto the bridge it serves absolutely little function - often players are trapped in the wall! 7.) The line between the factions is totally blurred. Every factions has access to every technology. This should not be the case.
Now that I have pointed-out the issues, these are some of the hopes and dreams. 1.) Why not have resource gathering and sector management. 2.) Expand the current science, tactical & engineer character types. Why not include some others e.g. break them down into the faction types. There is so much rich content in Star Trek that could serve as source material that I am not going to go into it. Depending on which faction sub-set a player chooses there could be some sub-plots the player could have. e.g. Federation > Marquis > Resistance Fighter > Fight against the Jem'Hadar (sub-plot missions assigned periodically) 3.) Central characters & stories that the player can gravitate around. Where are the hero's and villains to be found? 4.) Allow the players dialogues to the more engaging. RPG is missing. Allow players more decision to outcome opportunities, where they can make chooses that lead to different outcomes. 5.) Introduction movies can go a long way in providing backdrop. There are none. There is no feeling of being on a grand adventure. 6.) Why not allow players to capture and defend/ hold/ manage locations.
These are some of my ideas. Hope they will help!
- I hope you realize that we are not officially affiliated with the game in any way. This is a Suggestion Box for the wiki, and for questions to ask Cryptic Studios developers in future interviews. I'm not sure if you were suggesting questions to ask the developers of Star Trek Online, but it appears that you thought your suggestions would get seen by them, which they most likely won't (unless they view this wiki and happen to view this page). –TerranRich (ETC) @ 01:30, 14 April 2010 (UTC)
Item Finder Feature
Are there any plans for an "item locator" feature for this website? For instance, if I wanted to upgrade my shields, I could do a search and it would tell me what mission or best area might give me the best chance of finding it.
- This is a great idea. For example, if you wanted new ship shields, you could go to the Ship Shields main article and view a list of which missions give out various versions of ship shields as rewards, as well as which vendors sold ship shields, and which types. These would also be shown on individual item pages (e.g. Covariant Shield Array). Thank you for your suggestion; we have added it to our official wiki to-do list! –TerranRich (ETC) @ 01:37, 14 April 2010 (UTC)
I think Ahnya-Maahlia, the female Orion dancer behind the Klingon Weapons vendors on DS9, deserves her own stowiki entry. Without question, She's definately good advertising for their business and her dancing is a treat to watch.
--Moggie 17:30, 14 April 2010 (UTC)
- How could we have forgotten about her! But more importantly, why not add the article yourself? The great thing about STO Wiki, as well as ANY wiki, is that anybody can edit it! –TerranRich (ETC) @ 00:05, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
Thanks, TerranRich. Ahnya now has her very own wiki page. After a few tries, I figured out some of the basics.
--Moggie 17:03, 21 April 2010 (UTC)
- I like it! - Veranis 16:44, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
Create The Future of STO
Add a section to the Wiki for "Suggested Game Changes" and either have Avai apply to be a member of the whatever the new Advisory Council morphs into - or this site as resource for those Advisory Council members to use. With moderation and polling built in for ideas this website could be a valuable contribution for the future of STO; as well as what it already is: a valuable resource for the present STO. -- StarbasePrime 16:38, 22 April 2010 (UTC)
- I think this would be a good idea if STOwiki had a representative on the Advisory Council. Jupiter and other community sites have reps. I think it would be reasonable for STOwiki to have a rep as well. I would certainly be willing to do this. Once we have official representation it would be a natural next step to use suggestions and polls as a way for our portion of the player base to get the representation they deserve. - (Avai) Veranis 16:43, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
- Not to rush you, but I think you/Avai should send jackalope an email with your resume/bonafides soon. They're currently trying to figure how to do this, your wiki might just provide the heart of the unique solution they're looking for. --StarbasePrime 15:57, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
How would a Wiki be used to work out ideas?
Wiki's allows a community to edit textual knowledge representations based on facts. Ideas aren't based in "facts", as such there is no right or wrong to them. The concept of a wiki is a great medium for a community to refine and select ideas though if a proper technique or format can be agreed upon.
Here is an illustration of the problem that needs to be overcome:
Idea: Mining For:1 Against: 22,782
Starting with the assumption that no idea is right or wrong, it's the solutions for how that idea can be accomplished that is important. For example, the reason the above would fail is that on the face of the question, mining is an out-of-canon concept for a Star Fleet officer to perform.
Now, take a look at this example:
Idea: Mining Solution 1: Players as Miners For:1 Against: 22,782 Solution 2: Teams as Miner/hauler escort-missions For:17,213 Against: 22 Solution 3: Teams divide ore mined equally For:713 Against: 86
Here, the idea is "Mining"; and there are 3 solutions. Each solution should have a synopsis-title linked to relevant discussion on the solution (only #2 has a link in this example). The wiki community discusses and enhances solutions, ultimately voting on the solutions when discussion has wound down. In this example, Solution 1 is out of canon and not liked by the community, whereas solution 2 is liked by the community. Solution 3 doesn't compete with solution 1 or 2, it is a separate idea that adds to overall solution.
By keeping solutions and the polls separate from the discussion it becomes easy to track the popularity of solutions that make an idea favorable or not. It also allows competing concepts to be compared quantitatively.
There should also be another page that ranks ideas by relative importance. --StarbasePrime 15:26, 30 April 2010 (UTC)
I would Like to see a Battleship command skills path for both tactical and engineer officers. I would also like to see tier 2 to 4 battleships with 2 tactical bridge officers, 2 engineer bridge officers, and a science bridge officer and tier 5 with 2 of each bridge officers. I wold like to the Excelsior as a battleship and if possable the Proxima class from the Star Trek Legacy game. Anyone who would like to make other suggestions please do so. walt1177
- Thanks for contributing, walt1177! This page is for suggestions regarding the wiki resource, not the actual game. If STOwiki gets official representation on Cryptic's Advisory Council your thoughts will most certainly be represented to the game developers. :) Have a fabulous day! - Veranis 16:47, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
Starship Equipment vs. Starship Components
So I'm new and looking at organizing and categorizing the whole vendor section and also the items section. One of the problems I'm running into is that its seems shields/deflectors/engines are listed as being a type of Starship Equipment, on some vendor profiles but also listed as Starship Components on others.
What I would like to do is reorganize the categories to place shields/deflectors/engines in Starship Equipment, and then put Starship Components as a larger master category with Starship Equipment, Starship Weapons, Starship Consoles, and Starship Devices as the main subcategories of Starship Components.
What do you think?
Curmudgeony 17:24, 28 April 2010 (UTC)
- I say go for it! Thanks for all your hard work!
- <span=help title="bobalobabingbong's User Page">~bobalobabingbong -=[ <span=help title="boba's Talk Page">T + <span=help title="boba's Contributions">C ]=- @ 19:13, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
K'Tanco Battle Cruiser
The Klingon K'Tanco Battle Cruiser isn't listed.--StarbasePrime 04:20, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- Feel free to list it then :)
- <span=help title="bobalobabingbong's User Page">~bobalobabingbong -=[ <span=help title="boba's Talk Page">T + <span=help title="boba's Contributions">C ]=- @ 19:12, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
Item icon screenshot
I would like to add the "Photonic Tribble" (Referral Reward). Have the description ready. But I don't know how to make those "high res" screenshots of the item icons. Mine are always smaller than those already here. I know, the icons are bigger when dragged, but I cannot screenshot the dragged item :) How is it done?
- Ask RachelGarrett She knows I think.
- <span=help title="bobalobabingbong's User Page">~bobalobabingbong -=[ <span=help title="boba's Talk Page">T + <span=help title="boba's Contributions">C ]=- @ 19:11, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
Fleet pages on wiki
I think it would be a good idea to allow fleets to make their own pages on STOWiki and make new cathegory for those pages. --Razler 21:34 4th June 2010 (UTC)
- It was discussed before, and was decided that it would be another whole can of worms we're not ready to open. So as of now, there should be no fleet pages. <span=help title="bobalobabingbong's User Page">~bobalobabingbong -=[ <span=help title="boba's Talk Page">T + <span=help title="boba's Contributions">C ]=- @ 19:09, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
- There are other fleets aside from ours? I cannot believe that! ;) If you have a specific site for your fleet, you can certainly place a link to it on your user page! - Veranis 16:44, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
I think that it would also make it very interesting, that once you make it to a Vice Admiral rank, that you would control more than one ship. something like, your a Vice admiral 1, you get a second ship, #2, a third ship. You would have to trail all the bridge officers, even promote the bridge officers you know and love and trained to "control/Captain" your other ships in your fleet. mbc58
Item aquired by ________
- It's polite to sign your posts, so the rest of us know who you are. :)
- I agree this would be nice however it would be a massive undertaking. We've already added inventories of vendor NPCs, but so many items are acquired as random drops from such a wide variety of foes...
- This topic was actually brought up during a discussion about adding pages for each type of foe. That, too, was voted against due to the scope of the project. If you would like to do the research yourself, enlisting a few friends to help you, this could certainly be added in to the existing item pages as you suggested. I for one will not be working on this any time soon. ;)
- Thanks for the suggestion! - Veranis 16:51, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
I want to buy ships, stations, planetside bases, and even moons. In other words, be a "Federengi."
I'd like to work with the Federation, but act like a Ferengi at the same time, by buying properties.
Therefore, I hope the devs listen to this suggestion and let us practice the business of virtual real-estate in STO!
--ENG 07:12, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
I want to take prisoners!
When I disable the ship's engines and weapons, I want to then be able to take prisoners. Beam them directly to the brig, and sell them to the highest bidder (either to some faction who will use them as slave labor, or some benevolent faction who will luckily get them a better life than they previously lived.)
It is un-Federation-like conduct to destroy a ship that has already been disabled, and kill everyone in it. That would unsettle me very much.
Towing disabled ships
And because I've disabled the ship, I want to tow it to a marketplace to sell for salvage/refurbishment.
--ENG 07:12, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
I want to design my ship in any shape I want
Because you see, I would love to build a Federation Cube.
--ENG 07:12, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
In-game browsers, please!
EVE Online has an in-game browser, albeit a pretty trashy one. Why don't we have an in-game browser as well, with of course an LCARS-style interface.
--ENG 07:12, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
Changing the ranking system and what it allows you to do!
I know with the current ranking system you can go as high as Federation president. It seems silly to me that I as prez would still command a starship. I think it should go like this: if you reach the rank of Admiral the game should give you a new choice to command an entire battlegroup (one ship you can control and 4 or 5 NPC ships that follow you around and obey your commands). Also, you can be given another to do that or command a starbase, where you can control several NPC ships and run starbase facilities. The game would change to a strategic sort of design instead the constant "run-n-gun" deployments we get currently. --KEY1701 05:27, 9 July 2010 (UTC)
17 Accolades and how to achieve them
I would like a rough idea of how to find for example Gorn, Naussican, Klingons both space and ground so as to max out accolades.
I already know an exploit for borg killing in the engine room of USS khitomer or on Vega colony, and destroy borg until you have 200 just before you beam down too vega colony --Papo64 10:09, 9 July 2010 (UTC)