House Divided is a seasonal update for Star Trek Online released for PC on June 30, 2020. Its title was unofficially revealed in the weekly Ten Forward developer stream on June 10, 2020.
It is the first major update of the Year of Klingon, a set of updates scheduled for release over 2020 and 2021.
Before House Divided was revealed, there was an out-of-game ARG that involved finding clues on a third party website to uncover J'Ula's manifesto, as well as J'mpok's response to it. In addition, members of the Sons of None were revealed, an elite group of warriors brought forward in time with J'Ula. The ARG culminated with the reveal of Rekha Sharma (who played Ellen Landry) taking over the role of Adet'pa.
Sons of None Dossiers:
In addition to the content created for Year of Klingon, the Nebula class received a model revamp on September 24, 2020.
- Three new patrols based on the events of "The Centre Cannot Hold" have been added under the Klingon Civil War heading:
Leading up to the release of House Divided the official Star Trek Online Twitter teased upcoming content.
- May 2nd - New Klingon character creation options
- May 9th - New B'rel Bird of Prey and K't'inga Battlecruiser model
- May 16th - New Klingon tutorial cutscene
- May 23rd - Rura Penthe revamp #1
- May 30th - Retouched Qo'noS Exchange area
- June 6th - Rura Penthe revamp #2 (German only)
- June 13th - New B'rel Bridge Zoom background
- June 20th - New Vor'cha Battlecruiser model
- June 27th - Updated Ambassador Worf model
In addition, the Klingon tutorial and Empire story arcs were revamped:
The Romulan episode “Turning Point” received a visual overhaul, incorporating the new Khitomer space and ground maps as well as the addition of newly revamped cutscenes.
A new Task Force Operation has been added:
- “Best Served Cold” - A new Space TFO that takes place above the frozen planet prison of Rura Penthe. Stop Aakar from trying to free all the prisoners.
"A House Divided" Special Event
- To commemorate the release of Season 20 comes a new 30 day event.
- Completing the event will unlock a new armor, the Red Angel Suit, for all players on the account.
- Completion of the event requires 40 Progress Points. These points are earned from the various activities added in Season 20:
- Completing the new episodes gives 2 Progress each
- Completing the new Task Force Operation gives 2 Progress
- Completing a patrol gives 1 Progress.
- You can earn up to 2 Progress a day.
- This event has a Buyout option that costs at maximum 6000 Zen which scales with current progress in the event. Each day of progress lowers the price by 300 Zen.
- Once the main event is complete, earning progress every day gives a scaling Dilithium Reward. See the Special Event page for more info.
Klingon Faction Revamp (Part One)
- Further information: Year of Klingon.
Many parts of the Klingon faction have been revamped and improved, including:
- Revamped Tutorial arc and starting experience for Klingon characters, including the Empire story arc
- Graphical improvements to Qo'noS's First City
- Graphical revamp of Rura Penthe and Khitomer
- New Klingon NPC Designs for existing and new characters, such as Worf
- New higher quality Klingon head pieces, hair, and outfits
- Several ships have received new, more screen accurate models. These include:
- June 30, 2020 - July 16, 2020 [All Platforms]: Cryptic 20th Anniversary Celebration Pack
- August 4, 2020 [All Platforms]: Lower Decks Duty Officers
- Angel's Wake Lock Box
- Cross Faction Support Carrier Bundle
- Caitian Aspero-class Support Carrier
- Vo'devwl-class Support Carrier
- Ra'nodaire-class Support Carrier Warbird
- Jem'Hadar Vanguard Support Carrier
- Infinity Promotion! - Duty Officer Pack
- Lohlunat Festival 2020