The Shard of Possibilities is a small piece of the Orb of Possibilities, which may be one of the 9 original Orbs central to Bajoran faith. The orb allows its owner a view into an alternate universe, echoed as a Quantum Shadow. The Shard, however, allows its owner to summon 2 Quantum Shadows to aid them in combat.
Shard of Possibilities
The Shard of Possibilities splits the owner into three quantum shadows, confusing your foes. You retain control of one, and the other two fight by your side for a short time.
You must have a Starfleet or Klingon allegiance to use this item.
- Targets Friend and Self
- 30.48 meter Range
- 5 min 0 sec recharge
- Confuses up to 10 targets in a 15' radius for 5 sec
- Call upon two level USERLEVEL+1 Quantum Shadows from alternate universes for 60 sec.
- Skills that affect this ability:
- Kit Performance Expert
- (Improves All Kit Modules)
- Kit Performance Expert
- The level of the Quantum Shadows is equal to USERLEVEL+0, despite tooltip claiming they would be one level higher.
- Using this item in STFs when everyone is incapacitated will reset the area. For example, 4 of the 5 team members are incapacitated on one of the “Infected: Manus” boss rooms, the last person then uses Shard of Possibilities. Because it was used, the player is untargetable and the game treats the player as having left/disappeared during that 1 second so the area would restart and the doorway shield would drop and the enemies reset their positions.
- The Shard of Possibilities will occasionally misfire when you are hit when activating it.
- Summoning the Quantum Shadows when in a non combat social area (such as Earth Spacedock) will lead to the two summoned shadows standing behind the player dancing.
- You can target other players to have the Quantum Shadows follow/dance with them instead of you.
- The Quantum Shadows will only use Federation (phaser) or Klingon Empire (disruptor) weapons; the Shadows summoned by Romulan Republic players will use the weapons of the faction the player is aligned with.
- From May 3, 2012 to May 9, 2012, it was available again for a limited time by replaying the episode.
- From December 5, 2012 to January 14, 2013, it was offered as a Mission Replay reward.
- From June 30th, 2016 to July 14th, 2016, it was offered as a Mission Replay reward.
- From January 11, 2018 to January 25, 2018, it was offered as a Mission Replay reward.
- On November 22, 2019, it was obtainable for all characters on an account via Zen Store, "Mudd's Market" tab, by purchasing It's About Time Pack for 2,000 (which is a 75% discount to the listed full price of 8,000 ).
- From February 22, 2018 to March 8, 2018, it was offered as a Mission Replay reward.
|Ground Devices & Inventory Items|
|Consumable R&D Adept Devices|| Lobi Store
|Assorted Combat Devices||PvP
|Consumable Combat Pets||Non-Consumable Combat Pets|
|Assorted Consumable Devices & Inventory Items||Non-Consumable Devices|
|See Also||Related: Device Expertise • Commodities • Consumables • Food • Inventory items • Lock Boxes • Risa Floaters • Risa Powerboards • Tribbles|