Ship devices allow for an ability to be operated independently of one's career path or bridge officers. ships may have from as few as one (Runabout) up to four device slots. There are both consumable (e.g. batteries, holoemitters) and permanent ship devices.
There are four basic batteries that repair a disabled subsystem and give it a short-term power boost, and are stackable up to 20. Regular size batteries may be purchased from several vendors, whilst their large versions must be crafted:
- [Auxiliary Battery] & [Auxiliary Battery - Large]
- [Engine Battery] & [Engine Battery - Large]
- [Shields Battery] & [Shields Battery - Large]
- [Weapons Battery] & [Weapons Battery - Large]
There are four hybrid batteries that work similarly, and provide a boost to two subsystems when used. They are available for 1 each via the Lobi Store;
- [Battery - Weapons and Auxiliary]
- [Battery - Shields and Engines]
- [Battery - Auxiliary and Shields]
- [Battery - Engines and Auxiliary]
There are six rare batteries that provide alternative effects for a short duration, and must be crafted via R&D;
- [Battery - Energy Amplifier]
- [Battery - Exotic Particle Flood]
- [Battery - Hull Patch]
- [Battery - Kinetic Amplifier]
- [Battery - Shield Resilience Boost]
- [Battery - Targeting Lock]
There is one consumable device that is a stronger Evasive Maneuvers, obtainable from completing the daily “Defense Contract” at Alhena System in the Eta Eridani Sector Block, and are stackable up to 5:
There is one consumable device, available from the Chef at the Fleet Embassy, that provides a temporary boost to accuracy.
Fighters are available as a mission reward from “The Vault”, holding 50 charges:
Holoemitters can be used multiple times, but only for a cumulative time of 15 minutes. They temporarily change the ship's appearance (enemy ships will still attack, however):
- [Model CH-12703 Space Transport]
- [Ferengi D'Kora]
- [Cardassian Galor]
- [Jem'Hadar Attack Ship]
- [Breen Chel Grett]
- [Undine Nicor]
- [Adult Gekli]
Transwarp Beaming Devices can be obtained by opening a Kelvin Divergence Lock Box, and are stackable up to 20. They can be used from inventory via the Transwarp menu in space, and will initiate a transwarp to the corresponding preset ground map the device is named for.
Deployable devices such as Satellite Turrets and Torpedo Platforms can only be obtained through specific Duty Officer Assignments.
The Klingon Defense Force versions have 10 items in a rewarded stack (or 20 in Critical Success) and are obtained through Marauding assignments.
The Federation versions are obtained through Engineering assignments and require Prototype Plans to construct. These devices come in a rewarded stack of 20 , no matter if it is Success or Critical Success. The devices are not bind-on-pickup or bind-on-equip, have a single charge per item and are Consumable.
- [Device - Heavy Antiproton Satellite Turret]
- [Device - Heavy Phaser Satellite Turret]
- [Device - Heavy Disruptor Satellite Turret]
- [Device - Heavy Tetryon Satellite Turret]
- [Device - Plasma Torpedo Platform]
- [Device - Tricobalt Torpedo Platform]
See complete list of deployable ship devices and more info on the Deployable Devices (Space) page.
There are seven reusable ship devices that provide a temporary benefit:
- [Red Matter Capacitor] (from purchasing the Collector's Edition of the game, or redeeming 1 Prize Token of the [Phoenix Prize Pack])
- [Subspace Field Modulator] (from “Skirmish”)
- [Temporal Negotiator] (from Delta Recruitment Global Event )
- Distress Calls: These devices do not need to be placed in a device slot to use, and have a shared cooldown of 2 minutes.
There are eight non-combat pets, usable in inventory instead of only a ship device slot:
- [Type-8 Starfleet Shuttlecraft]
- [Danube Runabout]
- [Delta Flyer Class Shuttle]
- [Class F Shuttle]
- [Klingon Empire Toron Shuttle]
- [Peregrine Fighter]
- [To'Duj Fighter]
- Universal Consoles
- Console - Tactical - Automated Defense Turret
- Console - Tactical - Light Phaser Satellite Turret