|Timeline Change Imminent!|
This article contains information that no longer applies to the current version of Star Trek Online. It is provided only for historical purposes.
This skill improves your Starship Warp Speed and turn rate in Sector Space. Additionally, this skill improves your Full Impulse speed and Full Impulse turn rate while simultaneously reducing the power drain on your other systems while at Full Impulse speed.
This skill improves your Starship Warp speed and turn rate in Sector Space. It also improves your Full Impulse speed and Full Impulse turn rate in-system, while simultaneously reducing the power drain on your other systems while at Full Impulse speed.
While this may seem like a weak skill, affecting only sector space and in-system Full Impulse speed and turn rate, in which circumstances speed and turn rate only add convenience rather than any kind of game advantage, what this skill does offer which is of some value, is the reduced drain on other systems while at full impulse. For example, you are travelling at full impulse speed in system, when an enemy decloaks in firing range, the more points you have in this skill, the more power your weapons will have initially when dropping to impulse speed, and subsequently, the faster your weapon subsystem power reaches its nominal value.
- Full Impulse
- Sector space speed of M.A.C.O., Borg Assimilated Sub-transwarp and Fleet Advanced Impulse Engines
- Quantum Slipstream Drive
Equation to determine sector space speed
(100 + (Total Driver Coil points / 2)) * (Base sector space speed of Impulse engine or Slipstream drive / 100)
- Borg Assimilated Sub-transwarp (base speed of Transwarp 14)
- Total Driver Coil skill points - 99 (9x Driver Coil )
(100 + (99 / 2)) * (14 / 100) = 20.93
- Normal Slipstream Drive (base speed of Transwarp 20)
- Total Driver Coil points - 199 (9x Driver Coil , Diplomatic Immunity  and Raiding Party )
(100 + (199 / 2)) * (20 / 100) = 39.9
- Chroniton Infused Slipstream Drive (base speed of Transwarp 25 - only on Multi-mission Explorer ships)
- Total Driver Coil points - 232.8 (9x Driver Coil , Diplomatic Immunity , Raiding Party , Critical success in Assignment: Perform Antimatter Containment Leak Drills  and M.A.C.O. Impulse Engine Mk XII [8.8])
(100 + (232.8 / 2)) * (25 / 100) = 54.1