The Sol System (or Solar system or Terran system) is a star system located in the Vulcan Sector, and marks the border between the Alpha and Beta Quadrant. It is home to the Human homeworld, Earth. Earth Spacedock orbits this planet and is the starting location for all new Federation characters. Starfleet Academy is based in San Francisco, Earth. Of the other worlds in the system, at least Mars and Luna have permanent settlements. The division between Alpha and Beta Quadrant runs through the Sol System.
- “Mars, the Bringer of War”: KDF players launch an attack against the Utopia Planitia Shipyards over Mars.
- “Synth Wave”: A holodeck re-creation of the 2385 attack on Mars.
- “Surface Tension”: In early 2410, Earth Spacedock is heavily damaged by the Undine during an ambush on the Sol System, including Earth and the Lunar colonies.
- “Midnight”: The Sol System is once again invaded as the Iconians launch their final assault. While the main battle takes place in Earth's orbit, Herald ships also appear in the vicinity of Jupiter Station.
- “Red Shift”: The Inquisitor, Marshal Janeway, Captain Killy and Captain Kuumaarke launch a raid on Jupiter Station to steal the Emperor's prize.
- “Iuppiter Iratus”: Players defend Jupiter Station from an attack by the Terran Empire to steal scientific data.
Missions formerly involved
- “Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning”: KDF players launch an attack against the Utopia Planitia Shipyards over Mars.
- “First Contact Day”: The player meets the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise-F at Utopia Planitia Shipyards and conduct a test of new anti-Undine weapons.
- Although the Sol System marks the border between the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, it is included into the Beta Quadrant in Star Trek Online in order to be more convenient to fresh players of the Federation tutorial.
- Sol system at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Sol System at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Solar System at Wikipedia